Author Topic: Grounded for good.  (Read 10275 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Grounded for good.
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »
Nuke and another guy did that a while back.....they were having a blast, but some of the people on range got them muted
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
Pandora gets this all the time and I feel she copes with it just fine. 

I think most of the girls that Play AH are quite thick skinned.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
Don't let them win. 

:salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2013, 10:11:37 AM »
EskimoJoe

I'm not saying that one should have to deal with harassment.  However, giving us better tools so we wouldn't have to deal with harassment is better than losing people.

Esme pointed out that they could change in game and accounts ID's.  With the first bit, the perma-squelch option I mentioned, they could change in game ID's till the server decided to crap and it would do them no good.  They would still be squelched to Esme because the squelch goes off of their account ID.  The reason I brought up her changing her in game ID is due to the second bit she mentioned, them changing account ID's.  Perma-squelch wouldn't stop them from using the same in game ID if the account name tied to it is different, and if someone else hasn't taken it.

Her quitting that squad, changing country and changing her game ID is a fair bit better than quitting.  But it is just one of a few options available to her.

RTHolems

From what Esme mentioned, there were TWO involved in the incident.  Why is it that only ONE has been ejected?  Or was the second person not part of the squad?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2013, 11:21:37 AM »
Just for the record, 71sqn does not tolerate this kind of behaviour.

A player has been permanently ejected from the squad as a result of this incident.

That is all I have to say about this.

:salute to you and your squad.  
Most of the guys in your squad that I have fought with/against have been great!

"Her quitting that squad, changing country and changing her game ID is a fair bit better than quitting.  But it is just one of a few options available to her."

I really don't think that this should even have to be an option.  I considered this in January because of something that happened to me in game.  Then I came to my senses!  Why should I have to quit being AKPepprr because some guys don't like me and can't deal with me being there?  For me to disappear into the crowd with a different name...I would have to pretend to be a guy by changing my voice or not talk, quit talking to all the people in game I have made friends with and quit my squad, also quit flying my pink spit.  All the reasons I love playing the game. I would have to give up everything that makes me AKPepprr.  Why should I let them do that to me?  I would rather get a group together and make sure he couldn't up from a base for a long, long while.

I also want to say that most of the guys that I have met in the game have been really nice and quite respectful.  
 :salute to all of you!  :aok  

"It takes nothing to join the crowd, it takes everything to stand alone"  ..  -Hans F Hansen

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:33:20 AM by Pepprr »

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »
I really don't get guys who have problems playing with women or treat MMOs as singles bars.  It just seems like a bizarre and alien way to think.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
I really don't get guys who have problems playing with women or treat MMOs as singles bars.  It just seems like a bizarre and alien way to think.
didn't you know, video mmo's are basement dweller nerd for "dating site" and the best way to pick up women?

just hit the autopilot button and you're on your way to dating bliss...  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »

"Her quitting that squad, changing country and changing her game ID is a fair bit better than quitting.  But it is just one of a few options available to her."

I really don't think that this should even have to be an option.  I considered this in January because of something that happened to me in game.  Then I came to my senses!  Why should I have to quit being AKPepprr because some guys don't like me and can't deal with me being there?  For me to disappear into the crowd with a different name...I would have to pretend to be a guy by changing my voice or not talk, quit talking to all the people in game I have made friends with and quit my squad, also quit flying my pink spit.  All the reasons I love playing the game. I would have to give up everything that makes me AKPepprr.  Why should I let them do that to me?  I would rather get a group together and make sure he couldn't up from a base for a long, long while.

I also want to say that most of the guys that I have met in the game have been really nice and quite respectful.  

"It takes nothing to join the crowd, it takes everything to stand alone"  ..  -Hans F Hansen

you let me know if someone messes with you....or ANY female for that matter....I will make it my job to hunt that POS down and make his AH days hell.

no reason to harass someone ingame because they are a woman...what kind of scumbag does that.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »

Of all the people that play this game, I can not understand why someone would ever get upset with you.  I think you are one of the nicest players in the game, and is always willing to fight.  The sad thing now is, we are usually flying the same county, so I don't get some of those fun fights we have had in the past.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »

RTHolems

From what Esme mentioned, there were TWO involved in the incident.  Why is it that only ONE has been ejected?  Or was the second person not part of the squad?

There was some confusion on this matter and as it turns out the second person involved was getting into an argument with the first person because he was so appaled by the behaviour. Esme was just leaving the channel by this point and just assumed that anther person with a raised voice on channel must be on at her also. Infact it was just the opposite.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2013, 01:28:13 PM »
also quit flying my pink

As long as your not in a Ki43......   :neener:

And how do I get a pink ki84?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »
I left The Few because of a similar incident :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »
Thanks guys, but I'm not trying to make this about me or the problems I have had in the past.  I have dealt, in most part, with some of the things.  I can handle the razzing and teasing which is in good fun, but being mean is another thing, and like I said, I've only had a few occasions that this has happened.  

My point was that she should not have to become a totally different person and pretend to be one of the guys, just to enjoy herself playing the game.  I do agree that we have to take everything that is said with a grain of salt and laugh it off, but some things that are said aren't that easy to look past.  I believe that you have to have balls of steel to be playing this game as a woman and give credit to everyone of them that does it.  I don't want her to have to change that OR quit.  

Oh...and thanks for saying that I am nice..  :angel:  
I try really hard not to type what I'm thinking most of the time..
...and find that listening to Volbeats-Still Counting makes me feel better if I get a little irritated...  :devil

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »
didn't you know, video mmo's are basement dweller nerd for "dating site" and the best way to pick up women?

(Image removed from quote.)

just hit the autopilot button and you're on your way to dating bliss...  :lol

Your link doesnt work you POS cheater!
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »