Author Topic: side-switching abuse  (Read 6859 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: side-switching abuse
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 08:55:32 PM »
...12 hrs is way to long should be 1 hr..... :aok

and at night it should be whenever you want.

there are ways around it...if someone switches...make it so they can not load bombs...or have it cost perks......something....

not everyone cares about the "war"

some are only loyal to the fight....and the 12 hr rule is by far the worst rule made......

I say make it so no ki84's are available :)

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 08:57:54 PM »
I say make it so no ki84's are available :)

semp

hey now...thats not even funny :furious

:cry :cry :cry :cry

Offline Hondo101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 09:28:32 PM »
There was a bug report from knights they couldn't resupply strats after one of their guys side switched to cause it. Now that was funny! :ahand

Now that is funny. But was it a case of them just looking at the War status page or were they actually looking at the .dt status? It would have taken them dozens of flights to bring it up, as a lot of time and effort was spent in taking them down. As anyone knows that has done much resupping at the strats, % doesn't change very fast unless you actually get to the point that the objects are coming up.

As far as the comment above about a lot of skill taking down a base and capturing it, no talent/skill needed there. When it's not defended, it's not a challenge at all. It's done all the time. And in this case the base was not defended by the Knights at all. Real shocker there, right.

Bottom line on this for everyone, no matter what country you belong to. You have guys that will game the system. And in this example you have absolutely no defense within the game. Same thing if someone jumps to spy, give away a CV task grp, give away positions, etc. If they have to stay an extended time in a jump, maybe they will have second thoughts about doing it. And of course being subject to fragging might make a difference also. Certainly would have prevented that base take. And when you have a lot of time invested in a mission and some knucklehead can wipe it out so simply and quickly, with no repercussion, then it makes you wonder if, "do I want to keep spending $15 on something that can be gamed so simply." For those that just want to furball and not do any strategic type missions, etc, well there's the DA.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 09:38:11 PM »
One map.
Switch sides as often as you want.
No perks for "winning the war".
Capture enough bases and it resets to default ownership.
Start fighting all over again - in the air, on the ground and on the sea.

:aok
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 09:43:43 PM »
Honda! Maybe time for you to take a break from cyberspace and visit the real world a little more. I'm sure you will find a perfect world out there. No one that will game the system there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:51:21 PM by Sg11 »

Offline Hondo101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »
Honda! Maybe time for you to take a break from cyberspace and visit the real world a little more. I'm sure you will find a perfect world out there. No one that will game the system there.

Seems you are taking it to a personal level, rather than contributing anything useful in solving the problems.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 10:31:50 PM »
Seems you are taking it to a personal level, rather than contributing anything useful in solving the problems.

Making it one week wouldn't do anything.  I too in the past have made similar suggestions of increasing the time between country switches.  But a few of the none-spies got me thinking. 

Sure, if we add your system the abusers surely won't want to side-switch anymore, they will have to wait a week!  But what about those who side-switch for fun, or when one side has many against few?  Then they are stuck on that side for another week, even if they outnumber everyone or there is no action!

Even if you couldn't side switch at all, you could still tell the enemy.

.p Jetsom Yo, C242 is at 12,9 4.  Have fun.. try not to fly directly at it this time!  :devil

While I never have 'betrayed' the bishops  :angel:...  that doesn't stop the rest of the players from doing so  :old:  .

And.. if we took communication away PMs/200, then it would feel like an even smaller game, because we wouldn't be able to talk to the 'enemy' and "interact".

This is definitely an issue that needs to be dealt with. However, as of right now, I have no idea of how to fix it without screwing something else up.  So sadly, we have to deal with this problem until HTC can figure a way of how to deal with this problem.

Until then, it looks like the "community" will have to deter these hooligans  :rolleyes:     :bolt:

Respectively,

Tinkles

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
Nuff said

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 01:02:53 AM »
Everyone knew what he was doing. All we had to do was re-sup the town and game the gamer :x
AkCaine

Offline Fonzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 01:41:51 AM »
...12 hrs is way to long should be 1 hr..... :aok

and at night it should be whenever you want.

there are ways around it...if someone switches...make it so they can not load bombs...or have it cost perks......something....

not everyone cares about the "war"

some are only loyal to the fight....and the 12 hr rule is by far the worst rule made......
.  Well said sir!  Winning the war goes to the hoard
  And now that the kiddies are out of school it's only going to get worse.  Most of the "side-switching abusers" have a second system, and a shade anyway.  The fight is always more prevalent than some dweebs who wanna bomb empty out houses lol. As for me, I'll continue my hiatus until school starts up again, and flying conditions deteriorate :).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:52:40 AM by Fonzy »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 01:52:09 AM »
you can participate in a horde without having any bombs or rockets. I remember when I first joined 7 years ago we would come into a town with only 110's cannons and level it.

one more thing I do remember was a certain squad that would not participate in a horde, but would defend the base the horde had just taken.  and this was back in the day when the bishops would roll base after base late at night or early morning when vdallas was still around.

you dont have to be in the middle of the horde to be part of the horde.  it's like saying I dont vulch, but I do kill airplanes that are near the end of the runway.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »
OMG classic!  :rofl

First you do your best to cripple the opposing sides gameplay by rolling strats with your overwhelming numbers, then cry when someone cripples YOUR efforts :D

I'd say that was poetic justice and wtg to whoever did it!  :devil
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 02:23:10 AM »
Now that is funny. But was it a case of them just looking at the War status page or were they actually looking at the .dt status? It would have taken them dozens of flights to bring it up, as a lot of time and effort was spent in taking them down. As anyone knows that has done much resupping at the strats, % doesn't change very fast unless you actually get to the point that the objects are coming up.

As far as the comment above about a lot of skill taking down a base and capturing it, no talent/skill needed there. When it's not defended, it's not a challenge at all. It's done all the time. And in this case the base was not defended by the Knights at all. Real shocker there, right.

Bottom line on this for everyone, no matter what country you belong to. You have guys that will game the system. And in this example you have absolutely no defense within the game. Same thing if someone jumps to spy, give away a CV task grp, give away positions, etc. If they have to stay an extended time in a jump, maybe they will have second thoughts about doing it. And of course being subject to fragging might make a difference also. Certainly would have prevented that base take. And when you have a lot of time invested in a mission and some knucklehead can wipe it out so simply and quickly, with no repercussion, then it makes you wonder if, "do I want to keep spending $15 on something that can be gamed so simply." For those that just want to furball and not do any strategic type missions, etc, well there's the DA.

maybe if all the bish weren't holding hands being such a great team/horde   they could have upped a fighter and killed the guys defenseless goon.

amusing though!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 02:48:16 AM »
There's so much hatred for people who switch sides. I'm a side switcher because of 2 things.

1. There is no fight on the country I'm currently on, but there is a fight between the other two countries.
2. I have friends on the other countries that I love to fly with.

I'm one of the most unloyal players there is. When I switch sides I don't help the side I was just on, I go and kill them all. Most the time I was just busy killing most of my now green friends just a few minutes ago. The 12 hour rule is already annoying enough, I really don't want to see some of the idea flying around in this thread added to that.

If HTC added a penalty for strats retreating then people would fight more for zone bases instead of switching sides to force it to retreat.

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 03:29:41 AM »
I would like for everybody on here to send me a pack of beer, Cuz if everybody sends me beer, then i will have alot! show me some love  :rofl :rofl
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.