Author Topic: Badboy is a good man!  (Read 11584 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Badboy is a good man!
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »
do you even lift brah? Im expecting Skuzzy to be along shortly to rule 8 all of this nonsense.

Rule 10 would be more appropriate

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2013, 11:52:31 AM »
Ded wouldn't you need some sort of data flow to trace an ip out of the game? AIM, or something the like, and you would still need to have a court order to do it legally. Let me go find where I got the idea that someone clamed they knew the ip addrss was from the same house.

IP addresses aren't anecdotal.  The excuse was someone else as good as he is plays at his house.  If you buy that Coombz, you're just being boorish.
If you are referring to Bighorn's emailed IP address thingy, even Bighorn admits there is doubt saying something about a son....

Just saying they could have same providers or the 'same ip' is infact the ip from HTC.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:08:20 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2013, 12:00:27 PM »
you are correct. You cannot trace what ip anyone connects to the game.  Then again, I dont think anyone claimed they did that.  Can you think of any ways to trace ips if you post at some other bbs or send emails?  I can think of several ways it could be done outside of the game and AH bbs.

Here is what I find interesting. You can call some one stupid and have a thread locked (yes I am exaggerating to make a point)  Here however we have a thread that was revived from 2 months ago (good reason for insta lock) people talking bad about players (more reason for a lock) Midway trolling (again no problem) and HT who has IPs and billing info could clear this up in an instant but stays quiet.

I think they are just collecting info at this point and probably polishing the ban hammer lol. There is no way all these people complain about the same guy for years for no reason. Just my opinion based on experiences with this great guy.

I've already explained this here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,350078.msg4678548.html#msg4678548

This thread is obviously relevant.

And no, I'm not trolling.  Badboy has been good to me, I don't like to see someone as highly thought of, even by Bighorn and other excellent pilots, being severely impugned without an indisputable factual basis.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »
IM just tired of the hypocritical witch hunts on the forums,  you see the same people day in and day out insulting, blustering and shaming people for bad behavior yet in the same thread they show their azzes.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:10:11 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »
*Snip*
Yep and a lot of the very same people complaining about so and so's bad behavior  need to be banned aswell just look at some of the post histories of the lead witch hunters; insults, attempted intimidation, name calling, trolling, flamebaiting and on and on ad nauseam.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2013, 12:22:42 PM »
How about me?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2013, 12:28:45 PM »
How about me?

Jury is out waiting for evidence. If there are pilots good enough to analyze and recognize a pilot for playstyle shouldn't there be pilots out there good enough to emulate a certain pilots playstyle with a shade, perhaps to besmear the guys rep?

or were you asking to be Midway's FPH?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:32:12 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »
Ded wouldn't you need some sort of data flow to trace an ip out of the game? AIM, or something the like, and you would still need to have a court order to do it legally. Let me go find where I got the idea that someone clamed they knew the ip addrss was from the same house.

Just saying they could have same providers or the 'same ip' is infact the ip from HTC.

I guess I should type before clicking post lol. Just saying there are ways outside of the game.  Your ip on the internet is public info.

Look, I cant prove it. Film was not running at that time. That does not mean it did not happen. I can explain the encounters but with out film you can say they never happened. Now you are asking for paying customers that had a problem with with that guy to be baned for telling what happened to them.  Your basis is what?  That badboy has been nice to some?  All I did was type lol and hell broke loose.

I dont really know or care who the other shades are. I can speculate based on flying style but it does not matter. I was there when it happened. Bighorn was there. Others were there. You were not.

So, I ll ask again. Why are alk these people complain about him?
Are / have these same people complained about anyone else like this?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:51:36 PM by dedalos »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2013, 12:51:19 PM »

Don't see anything but let me just further this along, if someone did trace an ip further than an isp, or email provider that would be illegal wouldn't it, and all those that were shown this 'deeper' information would be guilty aswell maybe of something like 'theft by receiving ' or some such. So we either have people fudging the truth, confused as to exactly how much info can be gained by a simple ip trace, or someone actually dug deeper than they are legally able to and then they shared illegal info with various people, at which point it would be past the ban hammer and HTC may be legally obliged to bringing this fact to the authorities.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »

Are you saying that anybody who runs a web server, or BBS, or blog needs a court order to log your IP , like let's say HTC does here?  Or need a court order to do a DNS lookup of IP from which you access said services?
Let me tell you, you are wrong.
IP WHOIS info is public. If it says it's assigned to lets say Comcast, and Comcast is assigning IP from this block for residential use, then who are we to argue? right?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
Don't see anything but let me just further this along, if someone did trace an ip further than an isp, or email provider that would be illegal wouldn't it, and all those that were shown this 'deeper' information would be guilty aswell maybe of something like 'theft by receiving ' or some such. So we either have people fudging the truth, confused as to exactly how much info can be gained by a simple ip trace, or someone actually dug deeper than they are legally able to and then they shared illegal info with various people.

if it was ellegal google and yahoo would have shut down a long time ago
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »
Are you saying that anybody who runs a web server, or BBS, or blog needs a court order to log your IP , like let's say HTC does here?  Or need a court order to do a DNS lookup of IP from which you access said services?
IP WHOIS info is public. If it says it's assigned to lets say Comcast, and Comcast is assigning IP from this block for residential use, then who are we to argue? right?

NO if they provide a service they will have access to your home address, however getting an email from someone then doing a trace past gmail, hot mail or whoever is their provider would need a court order and some joe schmo that plays a video game with you would not be able to access this info. If you trace an ip back to a physical home address yes its illegal, if you just trace it to an ip from a provider like Comcast, or gmail or whatever all you are proving is they have the same provider.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2013, 12:57:52 PM »
Are you saying that anybody who runs a web server, or BBS, or blog needs a court order to log your IP , like let's say HTC does here?  Or need a court order to do a DNS lookup of IP from which you access said services?

Post your 'proof' please, that's all Im saying lets see how ironclad it is. Its been publically cited many times but not made accessible to the public lets see it. Just curious how you managed to correlate the ip of both players(or shade whatever) also there is a disclaimer when you register for the forums, did you have whoever you emailed to obtain their IP, sign a disclaimer?

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement and/or the forum posting rules.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:07:05 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2013, 01:07:40 PM »
NO if they provide a service they will have access to your home address

Uh, I'm using Google services yet they don't have my address.

however getting an email from someone then doing a trace past gmail, hot mail or whoever is their provider would need a court order and some joe schmo that plays a video game with you would not be able to access this info.

Ever looked into email headers?

If you trace an ip back to a physical home address yes its illegal, if you just trace it to an ip from a provider like Comcast, or gmail or whatever all you are proving is they have the same provider.

Firstly, I don't know why you're so hellbent on home address. Nobody is mentioning that.
Secondly, what if IPs from two persons (within specific time frame) are the same, and its IP used for residential customers? Means both are from the same residence, knowing the physical location (or not) doesn't matter.
Thirdly, tracing an IP is no more illegal then lets say reverse phone number look-up. That is, it's perfectly legal.

Am I wrong here?

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »
I don't see what anyone could get from proving gunzo is badboy won't that just mean that you definitely know who beat you in a duel?

Why not just assume it is then move on? The dot wingman shade would never have the nuts to have a duel.