Author Topic: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT  (Read 3259 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:21:53 PM »
Please remove the airbases from the TT on this map. It to the point tanks are useless out there because everyone and their red headed step child are dropping bombs or strafing tanks. It's really quite pathetic. It used to be a fun place but it's been completely ruin by the no-life scumbags dropping eggs.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Re: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:27:30 PM »
Or at least make it a no bomb zone where any bomb dropped on a GV blows the plane up instead of the Tank.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:31:27 PM »
get rid of ord... :aok

werbs and others do shoot at birds flying above....ive been killed by such going to center fight....

I don't think its right to totally take away the ability to kill each other there...but having to strafe a GV down is reasonable instead of just dropping bombs.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 12:16:11 AM »
Please remove the airbases from the TT on this map. It to the point tanks are useless out there because everyone and their red headed step child are dropping bombs or strafing tanks. It's really quite pathetic. It used to be a fun place but it's been completely ruin by the no-life scumbags dropping eggs.

Why do you feel that you should be immune to air attack?  If you're red, then you're a target regardless if you're on the ground or in the air.  Deal with it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 01:35:06 AM »
Simple. You can fly your little Pee38  up to 20K and not have to worry about wirbs or any other ground vehicles shooting you and fight planes all day long. Please show me one place on any map in the rotation that provides this for the GV'ers. Such a place is simply non-existent.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06:47 AM »
Simple. You can fly your little Pee38  up to 20K and not have to worry about wirbs or any other ground vehicles shooting you and fight planes all day long. Please show me one place on any map in the rotation that provides this for the GV'ers. Such a place is simply non-existent.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand that while you're in the main arena, you're a target no matter when you're in for the guy on the other side.  Asking to be immune to attack from one segment of the player base is rather silly and is nothing more than a whine about being killed.  You also ignore that TT island is also a very popular place with us that like furball since the bases are close together and flight time is short and you also ignore that most of the GV action in TT island is in support of base captures and you just want to make it easier for you by removing a tool the defenders can use to defend their base.  Your original post is nothing more than a whine about being killed masked as a wish.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:17:28 AM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 02:22:12 AM »

No.

You don't like being bombed, take out the ords or kill the plane. I dislike Runstang pilots dragging me to wirbs, and I dislike being vulched by tanks parked next to the runway but you don't see me on the forums asking for special treatment.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 03:15:01 AM »
I don't see why it's so hard to understand that while you're in the main arena, you're a target no matter when you're in for the guy on the other side.  Asking to be immune to attack from one segment of the player base is rather silly and is nothing more than a whine about being killed.  You also ignore that TT island is also a very popular place with us that like furball since the bases are close together and flight time is short and you also ignore that most of the GV action in TT island is in support of base captures and you just want to make it easier for you by removing a tool the defenders can use to defend their base.  Your original post is nothing more than a whine about being killed masked as a wish.

ack-ack

The fact that you think I'm a base taker just proves what a moron you are. It pisses me off when people take bases in TT. I'm there solely to shoot other tanks.

There's about 10 other maps for the planes to fight on, not to mention all the CV battles on Ozkansas already. I don't see how giving the GV'ers ONE place on ONE map is that big of deal.

No.

You don't like being bombed, take out the ords or kill the plane. I dislike Runstang pilots dragging me to wirbs, and I dislike being vulched by tanks parked next to the runway but you don't see me on the forums asking for special treatment.

It's not that simple. You have the option to avoid wirbs and the option to not chase after that mustang. A gv'er has no option to not die to a bomb other than to just not up. And that kinda defeats the purpose of having tanks in the first place. There is a significant advantage for the planes.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
The fact that you think I'm a base taker just proves what a moron you are. It pisses me off when people take bases in TT. I'm there solely to shoot other tanks.

There's about 10 other maps for the planes to fight on, not to mention all the CV battles on Ozkansas already. I don't see how giving the GV'ers ONE place on ONE map is that big of deal.

It's not that simple. You have the option to avoid wirbs and the option to not chase after that mustang. A gv'er has no option to not die to a bomb other than to just not up. And that kinda defeats the purpose of having tanks in the first place. There is a significant advantage for the planes.

You have the option to up an aircraft instead of a tank, or request fighter cover so you aren't bombed. Still no, no special treatment for the GVers.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 06:59:18 AM »
if you want to drive a tank without getting bombed, go to the ava and ask for a tank only setup...nothing stopping you.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 08:13:02 AM »
Nope.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 08:16:30 AM »
The assumption that the central island is for the exclusive use of GV'ers is a false one IMO.

One could also wish for all GV fields to be removed or at least such GV that would interfere with any  air action above it............ and be equally erroneous
Ludere Vincere

Offline danmac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 08:26:44 AM »
Chaser your wasting your time no one is going to give up easy kills so we can gv in peace. He'll they don't even wana give us our own server why would they want to change one map. I bet they would rather see players quit than everyone having fun

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »
Because GV'ers never park wirbs and osti's underneath furballs and pick people off...  :rolleyes:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 09:20:59 AM »
I think what most people miss both air and ground is that it really is a circle of life.  The JABO bombs the GV, the plane gets shot down by a Wirbel or a fighter, the fighter gets engaged by a Wirbel or another fighter, the Wirbel gets engaged by tanks, the JABO takes out ords and more tanks, more fighters show up, throw in some buffs and a few carrier groups etc. and so on.  If you think you are not part of the food chain in the main arena because of your preferred activity, you are wrong and set up for disappointment. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!