Author Topic: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT  (Read 3255 times)

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Re: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »
I thought there were v-bases around the edge of the map in Oskansas which are far away from airfields.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
Chaser, most of these guys either don't GV at all, or do so at a low skill level.  As you say, they don't have a clue as to what you're talking about, and probably don't much care that they don't.  You still have to spank them occasionally to keep them in their place, but that won't stop them from responding to the AC-GV imbalance discussions with posts lke  "up a fighter", "up a wirble", "suck it up", "stop whining", etc.  Hopefully HTC will evaluate these suggestions based on their inherent merits and ignore the predicable responses here.  Forum posters are after all a minority of the game population.  

MH
First I would like to say that I don't dislike GV's, and that I have been bombed enough to know that it's not an especially pleasant experience. However..

You seem to want HTC to change the game for everybody else so that YOU can have exactly what YOU want. (Which I suspect is the ability to spawn camp with relative impunity because nothing kills a perfectly good spawn camp like a few bombs) The furball areas at the center of a few of the maps currently in rotation are not for gvers alone. They exist so that ALL players can up and quickly find something to entertain them, yes even if that something is bombing GVs. There are plenty of tools already available designed to increase the survivability of your tank and it is nobody's fault but your own if you choose not to use them.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2013, 10:46:10 AM »
I did say "most".  Also, we are not talking about working with a squad or sitting on a base, but rather operating a tank individually over the terrain.  Chaser is pretty good at that; he kills me way more than I kill him.  He uses terrain well, and he is a dead shot.    

MH

Noted.  For what it is worth, you will rarely if ever find the Pigs operating in the air or ground in that area unless there is an active capture attempt going on by the Rooks or Bishop.  Bombing for the sake of bombing really holds no reward for us.  If you are around a field anywhere else on the map, I can make no promises as we are usually attacking or defending the Bishop/Rook and all targets are on the table.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »
First I would like to say that I don't dislike GV's, and that I have been bombed enough to know that it's not an especially pleasant experience. However..

You seem to want HTC to change the game for everybody else so that YOU can have exactly what YOU want. (Which I suspect is the ability to spawn camp with relative impunity because nothing kills a perfectly good spawn camp like a few bombs) The furball areas at the center of a few of the maps currently in rotation are not for gvers alone. They exist so that ALL players can up and quickly find something to entertain them, yes even if that something is bombing GVs. There are plenty of tools already available designed to increase the survivability of your tank and it is nobody's fault but your own if you choose not to use them.

Again, I'm not asking for the entire game to be changed. Simply one place on one map. This is at least the 3rd time I've posted those exact words.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »

Again, I'm not asking for the entire game to be changed. Simply one place on one map. This is at least the 3rd time I've posted those exact words.

And as I said gvers are but one slice of the Aces High pie. That part of the map is not and should not be for gv's alone.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »
<snip>
You seem to want HTC to change the game for everybody else so that YOU can have exactly what YOU want.

Why would someone post a “wish” advocating something that they didn’t want?  

(Which I suspect is the ability to spawn camp with relative impunity because nothing kills a perfectly good spawn camp like a few bombs)

The OP is referring to OzKansas TT island.  Note that all GV spawns on OzKansas TT island are inside VBase hangers, so you can’t spawn camp in the classic sense.  Also, don’t jump to conclusions as to the OP’s motives.  In this case, Chaser was operating his GVs in what I call “furball” mode, maneuvering over the hills and shooting from selected positions.  This is the GV analog to AC furballing, and differs from camping a spawn, or shooting from the VBase tarmac, which are essentially stationary.  

The furball areas at the center of a few of the maps currently in rotation are not for gvers alone. They exist so that ALL players can up and quickly find something to entertain them, yes even if that something is bombing GVs. There are plenty of tools already available designed to increase the survivability of your tank and it is nobody's fault but your own if you choose not to use them.

The “available” tools are grossly inadequate, as you would know if you GVed much.  That’s why we have these threads.  Also, note that most of them are asking for GV-safe areas on a ***small portion*** of the map, and not the entire thing.  Thus, from the OPs’ perspectives, the over-the-top responses received by these threads from non-GVers or horde GVers seem unreasonable.  The insulting and patronizing language used in most of these responses doesn’t help much either.  

Now Karnak’s concern is valid, and unlike most respondents, he tries (initially anyway) to be civil.  Hopefully some solution can be found to satisfy all reasonable parties.  

MH
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:54:45 AM by TDeacon »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2013, 11:00:07 AM »
Now Karnak’s concern is valid, and unlike most respondents, he tries (initially anyway) to be civil.  Hopefully some solution can be found to satisfy all reasonable parties. 

MH

I will remain civil with those who are civil.  Chaser choosing to call me dumb for not agreeing with him, then responded with gender based insults and unfounded assumptions of my motivations when informed that should he manage whine away the best place to find fights by making efforts to make his success a Pyrrhic one in retaliation waived away civility.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2013, 02:35:34 PM »
You do realize how ridiculous you sound in claiming that because the word "high" is in the name that the game can't cater to platforms other than aircraft?

MH

I thought it meant smoke a doobie and fly airplanes  :headscratch:
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2013, 04:48:25 PM »
I thought it meant smoke a doobie and fly airplanes  :headscratch:

thats what I got out of it :lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive been playing AH since tour 52....I have been killed far more by GVs then killed them....flying to a fight and all of a sudden death from some GV that I never saw....

never have I come here and whined about being killed by some GV that I have NO wish to interact with....don't drive them don't attack them.....why the hell should I have to worry about something that I never intended to to fight???????

why oh why....whhhooo is me.....

HTC please make it so GVs cant kill planes  :O

thankfully HTC knows what the hell he is doing so will never grant this type of whin....errrr wish.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2013, 06:19:37 PM »

"Hey man, I think I see some GV's down there......man it looks like Rondar and Jamdive."
"Let's bomb 'em and see if we can really tick 'em off, then guard the ords so they don't try and take 'em down."

:D :D :D :D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2013, 06:40:45 PM »
Wow, first pothead pic I have seen without any ridiculous tattoos.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »
thats what I got out of it :lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive been playing AH since tour 52....I have been killed far more by GVs then killed them....flying to a fight and all of a sudden death from some GV that I never saw....
never have I come here and whined about being killed by some GV that I have NO wish to interact with....don't drive them don't attack them.....why the hell should I have to worry about something that I never intended to to fight???????
why oh why....whhhooo is me.....
HTC please make it so GVs cant kill planes  :O
thankfully HTC knows what the hell he is doing so will never grant this type of whin....errrr wish.

The point of this particular post is unclear, so I can't decide whether to flame it or not...

MH

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2013, 06:57:26 PM »
The point of this particular post is unclear, so I can't decide whether to flame it or not...

MH

Flame away :D

Wow, first pothead pic I have seen without any ridiculous tattoos.

someone a bit overly judgmental maybe.   :headscratch:

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
Flame away :D
<snip>

Fine, but what the hell are you trying to say here?  I need a statement and a rationale, so that I can contradict the former and ridicule the latter.  Something like "I oppose all changes designed to create GV-friendly areas in the MA, and I haven't bothered to ready any of the hundreds of lines justifying such changes in this and other threads, and anyone who disagrees with my opinion is moron."

MH
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:07:04 PM by TDeacon »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
Fine, but what the hell are you trying to say here?  I need a statement and a rationale, so that I can contradict the former and ridicule the latter.  Something like "I oppose all changes designed to create GV-friendly areas in the MA, and I haven't bothered to ready any of the hundreds of lines justifying such changes in this and other threads, and anyone who disagrees with my opinion is moron."

MH

basically I was just being a smartass.....

but Honestly the MA is a sandbox for combat.....the center area of GV and airfields is a great place to have some virtual combat...if the airfields were takin out that would suk....

I do understand some things that dont go your way suk...like being bombed by guys who interfere in your tank fight...or GVs killing a plane flying to the fight....(basically the same thing)

what is great about AH is they don't limit your choices or fun factor....there are always new GVs in the hanger (or planes for what such as me)