Author Topic: Bombers Who Bail  (Read 5719 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Bombers Who Bail
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »
its lame game behavior, that absolutely nothing can be done about.

Offline danmac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 02:47:15 AM »
No diff than gvs that land or ditch when being bombed

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 04:47:18 AM »
SYSTEM: GOOBER1 bailed from <plane type> for no apparent reason.

if damage status is less than x and pilot bails then run report.

SYSTEM: GOOBER1 crashed a <plane type> for no apparent reason.

if damage status @ crash minus n seconds is less than x  then run report.

One of the neat things in AW was the death reports. As folk were shot down, crashed, the system would report. BB referred to it as the gameplay consequences of "shame" and IMO he was right.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:50:53 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 07:09:47 AM »
see the problem is that it's a one sided opinion.  why is it any different let's say than a fighter who disengages when he's getting  :ahand .  isnt it the same thing?  why should fighters be allowed to run away and thus stop bombers from a kill?

I see lots of times fighters who will not engage when I am in a bomber.  and that is a problem because I really want to fight.  what can you do about the fighter that refuses to engage the bombers?  or that makes one pass gets hurt pretty bad and dives to go either ditch or land.

semp
lies...if you really wanted to fight in a bomber, you would be flying an a20.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:22 AM »
SBD.  :D

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 09:05:14 AM »
Yrs ago, I used to play Midwar 3 on 3 in the early mornings.. (Way back when I was playin online)

When ya play 3 0n 3, usually the Bomber guy had to bail, to bring the troops after his task was done..

It's a time issue, not a "LACK OF MORAL FIBER".. (a bomber command edict to prevent mass refusal)

Nor an "unwillingness to fight".. IT'S A FRIKKIN GAME ALREADY, gimme a brake,  :confused:

The huge flamin egos around here are one reason I don't play online any longer..

Enjoy, but I just don't need it.. :bolt:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
Ink's right... it's lame, but there is something that can be done!   :old:

Mercilessly shame these people on 200 and the bbs till they hang themselves in real life!   :old:

Problem solved.  The only in-game issue we'd have to deal with then is a few telling us we're not allowed to socially influence gameplay, but we can disregard that.   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 09:16:01 AM »
Yrs ago, I used to play Midwar 3 on 3 in the early mornings.. (Way back when I was playin online)
When ya play 3 0n 3, usually the Bomber guy had to bail, to bring the troops after his task was done..
It's a time issue, not a "LACK OF MORAL FIBER".. (a bomber command edict to prevent mass refusal)
Nor an "unwillingness to fight".. IT'S A FRIKKIN GAME ALREADY, gimme a brake,  :confused:
The huge flamin egos around here are one reason I don't play online any longer..
Enjoy, but I just don't need it.. :bolt:

Yeah, interesting story but that is not what we are talking about here, and is a small percentage of what I have seen.  I've seen way too may bailers, still inbound their targets that are simply  griefers and think that it is fun to bail to deny a kill.  I film every flight so I know who they are and it is mostly the same guys over and over and over.  But hey, thanks for sharing your opinion about a game that you don't play anymore about an arena that isn't here any more.  Maybe it's your "Lack of moral fiber" that wouldn't let you handle the ego's so you quit.  Just a guess.  :bolt:
Wag more, bark less.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »
Yeah, interesting story but that is not what we are talking about here, and is a small percentage of what I have seen.  I've seen way too may bailers, still inbound their targets that are simply  griefers and think that it is fun to bail to deny a kill.  I film every flight so I know who they are and it is mostly the same guys over and over and over.  But hey, thanks for sharing your opinion about a game that you don't play anymore about an arena that isn't here any more.  Maybe it's your "Lack of moral fiber" that wouldn't let you handle the ego's so you quit.  Just a guess.  :bolt:

Do you think anything coming from a Keyboard will cause a lack of moral Fibre???
Then you better stay on your keyboard, lol..

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 09:18:52 AM »
Mercilessly shame these people on 200 and the bbs till they hang themselves in real life!   :old:

Mnoooooo. That's not even close to being a solution. It's not 'better behavior' - that's for sure.

I'd rather see 'bail lock' (players just plain can't bail unless their aircraft takes terminal damage).

Won't stop the drop and auger types, though.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 09:23:20 AM »
Mnoooooo. That's not even close to being a solution. It's not 'better behavior' - that's for sure.

I'd rather see 'bail lock' (players just plain can't bail unless their aircraft takes terminal damage).

You mean you wouldn't use your keyboard commando skillz for the good of the game?  Pfffftt.  Sissy.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 09:30:05 AM »
You mean you wouldn't use your keyboard commando skillz for the good of the game?  Pfffftt.  Sissy.

Using it for the good of the game right now. Bring it on.  :D  :cheers: :P

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »
lies...if you really wanted to fight in a bomber, you would be flying an a20.

Tell that to 999000.  In fact, demonstrate it to him in person the next time his low-alt deathstar shows.  Please PM me so I can film it.

:D

Just sayin'.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »
Tell that to 999000.  In fact, demonstrate it to him in person the next time his low-alt deathstar shows.  Please PM me so I can film it.

:D

Just sayin'.

Now that is a non-bailer, sharp-shooter.  :D

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »
Using it for the good of the game right now. Bring it on.  :D  :cheers: :P

Surely an old dude that named himself after an activist folk singer sees the utility in social influence.  Did your mancrush on me compel you to reply or do you actually have a point?  
      -AoM-