Author Topic: Bombers Who Bail  (Read 5724 times)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Re: Bombers Who Bail
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 09:40:50 AM »
Now that is a non-bailer, sharp-shooter.  :D

I'd suggest the solution to the problem is to have 999 conduct mandatory gunnery classes for all buff pilots.   :old:

The only problem then would be there would be no fighters in the virtual skies....  :eek:
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 09:40:59 AM »

Surely an old dude that named himself after an activist folk singer sees the utility in social influence.  Did your mancrush on me compel you to reply or do you actually have a point?  

Well, it wasn't physical attraction or a high opinion of your 'solution' to the problem that earned my reply. That left my take on your version of 'social influence' and the opportunity to use you as an example of 'just as bad if not worse.' The Guthries, father and son, were much more creative and a lot less immature.  You're more a 'McCarthy' type. :aok  :cool:

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »

Surely an old dude that named himself after an activist folk singer sees the utility in social influence.  Did your mancrush on me compel you to reply or do you actually have a point?  

But...but.....but...I'm the only one allowed to have a mancrush on Triton28.   :frown: :cry

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »
I'd suggest the solution to the problem is to have 999 conduct mandatory gunnery classes for all buff pilots.   :old:

The only problem then would be there would be no fighters in the virtual skies....  :eek:

Too many students, not enough triple-nine-triple-zero. Lock the canopy/bombay/bail holes until the plane loses critical stay in the air parts.  :D

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »
I quit my account again over this, I saw a dar which told me two sets of aircraft were flying toward Rook strats - I climbed to 28k in a Ta-152 to get within 6k of the buffs, and they bailed on me. It took over an hour to climb up and get into position and poof gone.

Had the same thing happen a couple of days ago. I was in a p47 tracking two incoming dar bars. Saw the first one at about 28 k. Didn't even get in icon range he bailed when he saw my dot. So vectored for the second incoming dar bar. He did the same thing the first one did. I was at 30k. Blows my mind that some one would spend the time to get bombers to that alt and bail before they even got to drop ords.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:08 AM »

But...but.....but...I'm the only one allowed to have a mancrush on Triton28.   :frown: :cry

Well, as long as you're not participating in .....

:lol

But seriously, folks ..... just say no to trying to be the behavior deputy in the arenas by exhibiting hissy. It would be a shame to have to serve a warrant on yourself.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:59:57 AM by Arlo »

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
Well, it wasn't physical attraction or a high opinion of your 'solution' to the problem that earned my reply. That left my take on your version of 'social influence' and the opportunity to use you as an example of 'just as bad if not worse.' The Guthries, father and son, were much more creative and a lot less immature.  You're more a 'McCarthy' type. :aok  :cool:

:rofl

PawPaw,

Not everything I write on here is meant to be serious.  If I say something wildly over the top, such as asserting that bailing bomber pilots should hang themselves, and include a silly emoticon, you can be reasonably sure I'm joking.

Now go play shuffleboard or something and stop following me around. 

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »

But...but.....but...I'm the only one allowed to have a mancrush on Triton28.   :frown: :cry

You I'll allow.  <3
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »
:rofl

PawPaw,

Not everything I write on here is meant to be serious.  If I say something wildly over the top, such as asserting that bailing bomber pilots should hang themselves, and include a silly emoticon, you can be reasonably sure I'm joking.

Now go play shuffleboard or something and stop following me around. 

You bet.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 01:23:58 PM »
Lately I have seen quite a few bomb n bail types. Not really sure what could be implemented to prevent it or punish it. 

Perhaps, if the plane isn't damage beyond flight (like a wing isn't missing or something like that) then you can't bail from it?   

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 02:15:52 AM »
Lately I have seen quite a few bomb n bail types. Not really sure what could be implemented to prevent it or punish it. 

Perhaps, if the plane isn't damage beyond flight (like a wing isn't missing or something like that) then you can't bail from it?   

Tinkles

<<S>>

We could make them fly pink bombers for a month afterward   :D
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 03:31:08 AM »
We could make them fly pink bombers for a month afterward   :D

:lol I could go for that

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 03:39:43 AM »
If you bomb & bail over enemy target what is the result??
Captured right??? So.

Lock them up for a spell.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 06:39:53 AM »
+1 for discouraging bomber drop and bails sorties.
-- Flying as X15 --