Author Topic: Early Man  (Read 5941 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Early Man
« Reply #390 on: November 22, 2013, 04:41:48 PM »
I can buy meat in the shops much cheaper and with much less effort than hunting. It is also completely irrelevant. It has nothing to do with what I need. It's what I want.

On the other hand, the wolf needs to hunt, because it can't stop by the butcher's shop or the local drive-thru to pick up dinner. Why do your wants matter more than the wolf's needs? The only reason the wolf goes for pets, sheep, cattle, and other domestic animals is because A) humans have put them there and B) because they're a lot easier than running down a deer or elk.

It's human activities that leads to wolves preying on livestock in the first place.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #391 on: November 22, 2013, 04:42:28 PM »
I am a creationist and I believe that the world is about six thousand years old...      

My question is how primitive was early man?

I have some thoughts and Ideas but would like to see a debate on what you think and why...  

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #392 on: November 22, 2013, 05:22:29 PM »
Why?  It's reached over 25 pages, so obviously people are interested in the topic. 

Should we just prune the boards of all topics that aren't particularly adherent to your personal interests?  :huh

That is not what he meant, he was responding to my post.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #393 on: November 22, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »
It's not like anyone is going to change their point of view, so what is the point of all this?

It's for folks who like to discuss and debate.  It's fun!  :aok

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #394 on: November 22, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »
It's for folks who like to discuss and debate.  It's fun!  :aok

or master debate  ;)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #395 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #396 on: November 22, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »
On the other hand, the wolf needs to hunt, because it can't stop by the butcher's shop or the local drive-thru to pick up dinner. Why do your wants matter more than the wolf's needs? The only reason the wolf goes for pets, sheep, cattle, and other domestic animals is because A) humans have put them there and B) because they're a lot easier than running down a deer or elk.

It's human activities that leads to wolves preying on livestock in the first place.

I'm not blaming the wolf. It just wants to survive. Why my wants matter more than the wolf's you ask? I'm in a better position to enforce my wants, and I do not want the wolf to survive because it is in conflict with my hobby. The farmers don't want the wolf to survive because it is in conflict with their livelihoods. It's a sheit deal for the wolf, but that's life.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #397 on: November 22, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
Some recent developments... On topic for a change.

"New, high-quality genome sequences from Neanderthal and Denisovan remains suggest that these two groups interbred frequently with other ancient human ancestors and anatomically modern humans. The sequences also revealed evidence of interbreeding with another unidentified human ancestor. The work, led by David Reich of Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, was presented at a meeting of The Royal Society focused on ancient DNA this week (November 18)."

“What it begins to suggest is that we’re looking at a ‘Lord of the Rings’-type world—that there were many hominid populations,”

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/38361/title/Ancient-Genomes-Reveal-Secrets/
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #398 on: November 22, 2013, 07:44:12 PM »

"New, high-quality genome sequences from Neanderthal and Denisovan remains suggest that these two groups interbred frequently with other ancient Sasquach! and anatomically modern humans. The sequences also revealed evidence of interbreeding with Aliens!. The work, led by Some guy at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, was presented at a meeting of The Royal Society focused on ancient DNA this week (November 18)."

“What it begins to suggest is that we’re looking at a ‘Lord of the Rings’-type world—that there were many hominid populations,”

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/38361/title/Ancient-Genomes-Reveal-Secrets/
I can make stuff up too  :D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:46:20 PM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #399 on: November 22, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #400 on: November 22, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »
Hmm.  Seems to be some misunderstanding on the difference between presenting results of a test and making stuff up.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #401 on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »

"New, high-quality genome sequences from Neanderthal and Denisovan remains suggest that these two groups interbred frequently with other ancient human ancestors and anatomically modern humans. The sequences also revealed evidence of interbreeding with another unidentified human ancestor. The work, led by David Reich of Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, was presented at a meeting of The Royal Society focused on ancient DNA this week (November 18)."

that information was posted a few pages back...i posted it. obviously you're more interested in what's rattling around in that empty space above your neck than other peoples views unless they are the same as yours.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #402 on: November 22, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »
To my knowledge you did not post a link to that article, and your claim that "current research shows that neanderthals and modern humans did not actually intermingle" is clearly contradictory to that article, which states: "New, high-quality genome sequences from Neanderthal and Denisovan remains suggest that these two groups interbred frequently with other ancient human ancestors and anatomically modern humans."

Obviously you need to pay more attention, even to your own opinions and what you've posted.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:14:20 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #404 on: November 22, 2013, 11:42:36 PM »
the funny thing about all this posts is that both sides are based on one thing and one thing only, faith.  there's enough written material to know that there maybe a higher power if you have faith in it.   or that there isnt and we have faith in those who have written about certain bones and perhaps how we have developed from others.

there's no ultimate proof one way or another, there's only faith.  sad thing is that both sides think they have more faith than the other.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.