Author Topic: MA Off-peak is dying  (Read 14824 times)

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: MA Off-peak is dying
« Reply #300 on: November 27, 2013, 06:05:10 PM »
pretty she it also breaks the law.

semp

I think in Paris the law is such that ripping off Americans is actually compulsory :)

Offline -aper-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #301 on: November 27, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »
  19 pages and I couldn't read them all but did anyone suggest running some AI missions in the MA off peak? I know when I fought them in the AVA they were tough although you can get them to auger like noobs.  :D

Would that interest the Euro players? Having something to shoot at is better than flying around the lonely skies.  :airplane:

It is good temporarily solution to keep current players entertained but will not fix the root problem of bringing new players into the game.

If easy mouse control with F3 view and gunsite is implemented together with F2P option it will start bringing big numbers of new players into the game.

Offline truss51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2013, 06:14:18 PM »
Security of my credit card with HTC is probably the last thing I will ever be concerned about.

I would actually be more worried about giving my card number to Steam.  They're a far larger and much juicier target for hackers with ill intentions.

Where the hell is the Like button dammit!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2013, 06:31:35 PM »
"Sniffing" the packets going to and from your own computer is perfectly legal.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #304 on: November 28, 2013, 02:21:32 AM »
I think in Paris the law is such that ripping off Americans is actually compulsory :)

:rofl

"Sniffing" the packets going to and from your own computer is perfectly legal.

as long as I don't try to reverse engineer aces high

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2013, 03:49:01 AM »
:rofl

as long as I don't try to reverse engineer aces high

EULAs are not legally binding in many countries.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: November 28, 2013, 05:16:43 AM »
EULAs are not legally binding in many countries.

and make sure you tell them that banning you is not legally binding either  :rolleyes:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2013, 05:35:36 AM »
and make sure you tell them that banning you is not legally binding either  :rolleyes:.

semp

Each company can do whatever they want with their customers but there's nothing _illegal_ about breaking the EULA in many countries. In fact the limitations posed by the EULA are in themselves considered illegal in many countries.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2013, 06:13:11 AM »
Each company can do whatever they want with their customers but there's nothing _illegal_ about breaking the EULA in many countries. In fact the limitations posed by the EULA are in themselves considered illegal in many countries.

ripley perhaps you misunderstand sarcasm sometimes.  go to court and complain that you breaking the EULA and getting banned is not legal since the EULA arent legal.  it was a joke dude.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2013, 06:49:57 AM »
semp owns this thread and all others  :cheers:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #310 on: November 28, 2013, 08:09:12 AM »
ripley perhaps you misunderstand sarcasm sometimes.  go to court and complain that you breaking the EULA and getting banned is not legal since the EULA arent legal.  it was a joke dude.

semp

Oh I failed to see the humor there but I got your point. In fact I would support making certain things punishable by law, such as online game cheats. They're detrimental to the game community which reflects on happy customers and from there directly to sales figures.

Most companies treat caught cheaters way too lenient. Public humiliation and lifetime ban would be appropriate imo.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #311 on: November 28, 2013, 09:18:29 AM »
semp owns this thread and all others  :cheers:
:lol
He has more willpower to argue his point till all others drop. All other bbs posters are week and like little girls!  :rock
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #312 on: November 28, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
:lol
He has more willpower to argue his point till all others drop. All other bbs posters are week and like little girls!  :rock

In most arguments the wisest ones catch the moment of no return soonest and stop arguing. Something I often wish to do more myself. But sometimes I fall for the trolls.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #313 on: November 28, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »
Oh I failed to see the humor there but I got your point. In fact I would support making certain things punishable by law, such as online game cheats. They're detrimental to the game community which reflects on happy customers and from there directly to sales figures.

Most companies treat caught cheaters way too lenient. Public humiliation and lifetime ban would be appropriate imo.

Yeah but then they wouldnt be able to buy the game again, and again, and under new names keep cheating and keep making the game maker money. Thats why the rules are so Lax. They want to make them look just stringent enough to appear like they give a damn yet dont want them that stringent that they cut into their money flow.

Be glad Aces High never had to deal with that drama. BF4 has so many hackers I think they ban together to protect each other and shush community anger.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #314 on: November 28, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »
In fact the limitations posed by the EULA are in themselves considered illegal in many countries.

Only if those provisions in the EULA are illegal.  However, if the provisions of the EULA meet a country's legal criteria, the EULA will stand in a court of law.  We've had many people try and sue the company I work for, claiming our EULA for our online games is illegal and we've won each time in court, both in the US and in various EU countries.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song