Author Topic: Logged in and saw this  (Read 4211 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Logged in and saw this
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 10:41:15 AM »
the tools are there to repair the problem and repay those who took it down.  

If one wanted to simulate flying cargo planes, there are probably better flight sims out there for that sort of thing. Most players are paying their $15 bucks a month to aerial *combat*, not air-lifting.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 11:00:55 AM »
If one wanted to simulate flying cargo planes, there are probably better flight sims out there for that sort of thing. Most players are paying their $15 bucks a month to aerial *combat*, not air-lifting.

I agree.

I also agree with the OP.

I logged on last night during prime time and couldn't tell where anything was, couldn't tell what base was flashing because of one person or a giant horde. When you log in to find some good fights and the map is just blank it is definitely a buzz kill. I don't really care about "the war" or that HQ goes down.. I just upped a 262 and was able to do fast recon in the area I wanted to be fighting in.

I think the issue with the HQ being down upon login though is really worse for the new guys. If you have no idea what HQ even is, or that you can resup things and you are left with a blank map, no indication of where to go, how to fix it or what to do.. well how can you expect those guys to stay interested and not just be frustrated.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 11:04:17 AM »
One should be careful presuming to speak for other people. Seems to me there are some people in the game who doesn't prefer to fly at all...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 12:03:06 PM »
So you enjoy people logging off?
If there's an Hq within a sector of my base I. Taking lances low level and dropping all 18 eggs :D
And then landing  :banana:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
This was the fifth time in a week that the HQ was down.  This was the second time it was down at log-in.  Twice, there was a CV group parked at our HQ.  The HQ gets gunned down with little prior warning.  Running goon trips to knock a whole 4 minutes off the downtime gets old after a while.  Coupled with the fact that the strats were still flashing and the rooks were deep in bishie tundra increased the likelihood that a rather long supply trip would be abruptly terminated by enema fighters.  Wouldn't that be fun - flying for ten minutes in a C-47 and get to do it again and again!  So far this tour, I have invested 1 hour and 8 minutes of flight time (no rtb) just resupplying HQ. 

Nuke the HQ all day long, for all I care.  There has got to be a consequence that's better than making it tougher to find the bad guys.  Things like disabling all town ack, disabling perk planes, increasing perk plane cost, disabling base capture, adding downtimes to strats or even lowering the base count needed to reset the map.  Something that doesn't decrease the chance of combat.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 12:17:32 PM »
This was the fifth time in a week that the HQ was down.  This was the second time it was down at log-in.  Twice, there was a CV group parked at our HQ.  The HQ gets gunned down with little prior warning.  Running goon trips to knock a whole 4 minutes off the downtime gets old after a while.  Coupled with the fact that the strats were still flashing and the rooks were deep in bishie tundra increased the likelihood that a rather long supply trip would be abruptly terminated by enema fighters.  Wouldn't that be fun - flying for ten minutes in a C-47 and get to do it again and again!  So far this tour, I have invested 1 hour and 8 minutes of flight time (no rtb) just resupplying HQ. 

Nuke the HQ all day long, for all I care.  There has got to be a consequence that's better than making it tougher to find the bad guys.  Things like disabling all town ack, disabling perk planes, increasing perk plane cost, disabling base capture, adding downtimes to strats or even lowering the base count needed to reset the map.  Something that doesn't decrease the chance of combat.

LOl that is your problem letting us get that close with a cv.. :rofl :rofl :rofl   No need to B##ch about it dude :ahand. This is the game and the goal is to hurt the other side. If all you can do is whine about it take it some where else.  I see no need to make the game easier in that aspect.  Try getting a mission together and hitting the Rook HQ.

The idea of killing a HQ is team work. If the other side chooses to work together then it is to their benefit.

I got a good laugh out of this.  Reminded me of the time all our strats were at 0 for many hours :lol :lol
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 12:28:59 PM »
Oh boo hoo. Knights kept rook hq dead for SEVEN HOURS and you didn't see the rooks whining about it. If we had known that the bishops squeal more gratifyingly we would've been bouncing rubble and killing trains all night at bishop HQ instead.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »
Caldera is that really you in your avatar pic?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 12:37:59 PM »
I completely agree with caldera.  If the hq goes down at any time, I frequently either go to a different arena or log off.  In my experience, the lack of intel from the hq down equates to flying around blind and many times not finding anything to shoot, which I find very boring.  Flying C47s to the hq is also equally boring.  Losing hq can be a good reason to join the gv battles if you can find them, which isn't too hard on some maps.

If hitting the hq must only effect the radar system, have it only cause the loss of field radars and not the dar bar.  Additional effects from the hq could be incorporated into winning the war in some manner that justifies the time and effort to attack it, just don't make everyone blind in the process.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 12:39:29 PM »
lol wow! did someone really post this thread? unbelievable!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 12:40:15 PM »
Caldera is that really you in your avatar pic?

You could be the next Adam Sandler.  Hilarious!

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »
I was being serious.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2014, 12:48:01 PM »
I completely agree with caldera.  If the hq goes down at any time, I frequently either go to a different arena or log off.
That's because you're weak and your country is better off without you.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
I was being serious.

You are Sandler.  Nothing else could explain your comic genius.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2014, 12:58:21 PM »
Now you're either insulting me or you have bad taste in comedic actors, but you're pretty enough to get away with it.