Author Topic: Lancasters perk them?  (Read 2729 times)

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
Lancasters perk them?
« on: March 25, 2014, 11:26:20 AM »
i think they should be perked in all arenas not just EW

reasons
1: 14klbs of ords is to much to not be perked
2: its the only AC(except b29) that can drop HQ 1 pass(with formation)
3: it would reduce lanstukas
4: would reduce suicide lancs in on cv's
5: towns would not be paved with ords...(as in 2 sets dropping 14/1klber EW/NS)
6:you tell me

i understand lancs are slow... and deathtraps for the most part but i also understand that they carry enough ords to obliterate just about anything

so my though would be ... keep EW perk value as it is(dont wanna disturb the trees)

MW perk value around 20 a plane...

LW perk value 5-15 a plane...

i realize it wont stop everything... and i also realize that people have enough bombers perks to throw away.....but it would deture newer people from doing it who dont have 5k perks... and those that do... would have to fly something besides lancs to stop from losing all the perks..

also this being said.. i realize 24s/17s are flown rather often and its not just "lancs" i just feel that lancs carry to much to really be unperked

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Lancasters perk them?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »
To frame this up better, I have a question? What is your understanding of the perk system?  Why do we have it?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »
Should start charging perks for wishes...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:33:27 PM »

Lancs are hard enough to fly and line up and not get blown out of the sky in.  I say UN-perk the B29, in response to this.   :rock
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:39:07 PM »
Meh.  The only time they get to bring all that ord to bear is pretty much if they're ignored or high enough.  I think that's enough of a downside to negate perking them.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »

I pity Lancs when I happen upon them, truly I do.  They have a really tough job as it is.  For them to have a good chance of survival, they must first spend an hour in friendly territory climbing to a minimum of 20k, unless there are enemies at 25k then they need to go even higher.  If I'm around, it's simple, they aren't high enough.

Perk their ords?   Pfffffffft, how about shooting them down before they drop, then it does not matter what they are carrying.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »
To frame this up better, I have a question? What is your understanding of the perk system?  Why do we have it?
(not really sure...its a balance n check system in a sense that way we have something besides b29s and 262s running around)

its pretty simple its typically to use the most advance piece of equipment at the time which usually results in many advantages

this obviously is not really the most advance.. but not the earliest piece  but the edge you gain for 0 perks... is a bit over the top

at the fantastic bomber hunters "high is not high enough" typically if some one is going to even waste time climbing in lancs they will be 30k + and all bombers climb around 700-1100fpm so lancs really dont fall short on climb rate.. they just move slow when they do at 150... not 170 or 180 or 240...(in ar234s case)

as my original point still stands... it is the only none perked bomber where i can drop 2 FH a BH nearly WF town... and circle back around for remaining FH and still have ords on standby

yes they suck in every aspect of defending them selves(except for diving)... but no bomber is safe if you know how to attack... if you dont your dead no matter what it is but on that note.. they really dont fly into hostile airspace where there's not already friendly's present

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
Stab...  Planes are perked because they will cause an imbalance if they weren't.  You are correct, if 262's were free, they would be used all the time, causing an imbalance.

Do you see the lanc as causing an imbalance in the game given that it's only positive over other bombers is what's in it's belly? 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »
I saw add a small perk cost to the Lancaster, B24, B17, and maybe even the B26 and Tu2.

Stop and think of the destruction a flight of them can bring to the table.  The speed demons get a perk for not able to be intercepted (Ar234's, Mossi B Mk 16's), and the B29 gets a perk because of the massive amount of destruction, long range, defensive capability, and difficulty in being intercepted (speed).

Why not apply a 5 perk cost to Lancs? 4 to B24's, 3 to B17's, and 2 to the B26 and Tu2???  It isn't like bomber perks are hard to earn.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
I saw add a small perk cost to the Lancaster, B24, B17, and maybe even the B26 and Tu2.

Stop and think of the destruction a flight of them can bring to the table.  The speed demons get a perk for not able to be intercepted (Ar234's, Mossi B Mk 16's), and the B29 gets a perk because of the massive amount of destruction, long range, defensive capability, and difficulty in being intercepted (speed).

Why not apply a 5 perk cost to Lancs? 4 to B24's, 3 to B17's, and 2 to the B26 and Tu2???  It isn't like bomber perks are hard to earn.

But that would discourage my targets.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 03:30:58 PM »

while im not entirely against it... we have to have at least 1 un perked heavy

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »
at the fantastic bomber hunters "high is not high enough" typically if some one is going to even waste time climbing in lancs they will be 30k + and all bombers climb around 700-1100fpm so lancs really dont fall short on climb rate.. they just move slow when they do at 150... not 170 or 180 or 240...(in ar234s case)
Lanc's can't go to 30k+ and they climb well below 700fpm above 20k.

That chart is, I believe, for 14k of bombs and 100% fuel so it does a bit better, but not nearly enough to make it to 30k.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »

Sure right after you perk all fighters able to carry more then 500kg bombs. Perk the heavy bombers that are relatively easy to kill, but leave planes like the P-51/P-47/P-38/190-F8 and a host of other fighters that can carry more ords then most of the remaining bombers. Why would you take a Betty or B-25h when there are fighters who carry more ords and when they drop don't have to run home because they are fighters?

also this being said.. i realize 24s/17s are flown rather often and its not just "lancs" i just feel that lancs carry to much to really be unperked

Yes the lancaster can carry more bombs then the american 24/17, but it has a lot lower chance of getting its bombs to the target. A lancaster that is caught by a fighter is a lancaster that is going to lose a drone or 2 before the 303s can drive away the attacker.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 05:51:01 PM »
i think they should be perked in all arenas not just EW

reasons
1: 14klbs of ords is to much to not be perked
2: its the only AC(except b29) that can drop HQ 1 pass(with formation)
3: it would reduce lanstukas
4: would reduce suicide lancs in on cv's
5: towns would not be paved with ords...(as in 2 sets dropping 14/1klber EW/NS)
6:you tell me

i understand lancs are slow... and deathtraps for the most part but i also understand that they carry enough ords to obliterate just about anything

so my though would be ... keep EW perk value as it is(dont wanna disturb the trees)

MW perk value around 20 a plane...

LW perk value 5-15 a plane...

i realize it wont stop everything... and i also realize that people have enough bombers perks to throw away.....but it would deture newer people from doing it who dont have 5k perks... and those that do... would have to fly something besides lancs to stop from losing all the perks..

STOP IT-they are not gonna perk the lancs--so forget about it...the only real to stop the lancstukas is to stoot them down as soon and as fast as possible.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
just pointing out... the question mark is in the title...it is a question in general to see what people think of the idea... aswell as any input.... thats why #6 is you tell me...

so instead of trying to target the thought... how about give some constructive feedback

and about the fighters....who carry more ords...  this is true but im just referring to lancs... not all planes