Author Topic: Scoring  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Scoring
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »
Agreed, but this is more about scoring and how it could be made more objective and less "gamey". Being that some people don't agree with my wish, what are some of your ideas?

I already explained my position on your wish in my initial post.  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »
Sorry, I meant to address it to anyone who might not agree with the scoring system.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2014, 01:25:43 PM »
Sorry, I meant to address it to anyone who might not agree with the scoring system.

How many is that do you think, 5-6?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:36 PM »
How many is that do you think, 5-6?

Not sure which is why I am asking :) its all meant for conversation if anything,

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2014, 01:53:49 PM »
The scoring is what it is. If you want to rank high, you must play the scoreboard game. Many here know how to play it, just ask and they will tell you what you need to do to be ranked in the top spot.

Your asking for a change because you can't be bothered to do the things needed to be at the top. You feel your style of play should be favored over other styles and so should rank higher more easily.

Sorry it doesn't work that way. Oh and 120 to 0 isn't even close. I think it was Lazer that went 390 to 0 once.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »
The scoring is what it is. If you want to rank high, you must play the scoreboard game. Many here know how to play it, just ask and they will tell you what you need to do to be ranked in the top spot.

Your asking for a change because you can't be bothered to do the things needed to be at the top. You feel your style of play should be favored over other styles and so should rank higher more easily.

Sorry it doesn't work that way. Oh and 120 to 0 isn't even close. I think it was Lazer that went 390 to 0 once.

Sigh, what is my style of play? Why make these assumptions? Why say I can't be bothered? (Ranked 9th in attack by gaming the system, which is why I am asking for change, I flew 3(?) Sorties), quit making assumptions of what my style is or what my intentions are, I have made those clear and don't have a reason to hide anything ...

3 sorties and per the ranking system I am a top 10 attack pilot(I'm not, not even close) but it goes to show that something is wrong with the ranking system, which is why I am asking for change...I would like for it to be more objective, which would yield results closer to fact. (My rank would probably be much worse)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 02:45:54 PM »

Forget the score game or gaming it, it's a waste of timeJust get out there and kill everything you see, works for me.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2014, 03:52:23 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:51:34 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:51:47 PM by Skuzzy »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »
I have a film of me in a Tempest, running from a D3A  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:52:15 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2014, 07:30:40 PM »
Sigh, what is my style of play? Why make these assumptions? Why say I can't be bothered? (Ranked 9th in attack by gaming the system, which is why I am asking for change, I flew 3(?) Sorties), quit making assumptions of what my style is or what my intentions are, I have made those clear and don't have a reason to hide anything ...

3 sorties and per the ranking system I am a top 10 attack pilot(I'm not, not even close) but it goes to show that something is wrong with the ranking system, which is why I am asking for change...I would like for it to be more objective, which would yield results closer to fact. (My rank would probably be much worse)

I don't know what your style of play is nor do I really care all that much. By asking for a change in the system I'm guessing your not being shown in the "light" you think you should be. To many players find it easy and are willing to game the score system so you show more poorly than you think you should, or you don't want to be bothered by having to "play" that game so that you show where you THINK you should be showing. Close enough?

The system is set up to show the best over all players. The problem is that like anything else in a game people look for a way around it. In the old days we use to fly off a base and meet the enemy half way to there base a duke it out at what ever alt half way got you to the deck. Then some people figure it was better to grab some alt and come in high and pick those guys twisting and turning on the deck working for a kill because it took less skill and wasn't likely to get them shot down much...... I'm sure you know the kind  :D

The point is the system has to be complicated and convoluted to make it as EQUALLY fair to everyone who plays I fly 20 hours a week and if I worked at it I could keep a score comparable to a player who does 700 hours a week. If things were simple I wouldn't be able to keep up with the number of kills a 700 hour player gets, or a player playing in the Euro time wouldn't have a chance to get his K/H any where near someone from US prime time. 

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2014, 08:02:10 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:52:37 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk