Author Topic: Aces High - The first six months  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Aces High - The first six months
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:21:42 PM »
This month, June, marks our sixth full month of flying Aces High for a majority of our squad members, previously having spent 10 years or so in Fighter Ace. It's always interesting going over to a new game, learning and adjusting to it. Some things about AH are much easier than Fighter Ace, some are harder, and some are just different. Regardless, the past six months have been incredibly fun.

As a milestone, we threw together a montage of gameplay, done Damned style. It showcases our first six months of dogfighting in AH, and a taste of what's yet to come in the many months ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XscUWDeU-qg

We'd also like to shout out to the pilots - specifically TonyJoey, Sawzaw, cmex, Duie - who have welcomed us, helped us learn the ropes of Aces High, and provided wingman support.

To those who have been shot down, and to those about to be shot down, we salute you.

-=S=-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:10:34 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Aces High - The first six months
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 12:25:13 PM »
Too many head ons, otherwise a nice compilation.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 12:33:10 PM »

Nice shots, nice film! <<S>> :aok :salute
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly."
Nick Lapos, chief R&D pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

"To go up, pull the stick. To go down, pull the stick back harder..."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
I like to dabble with editing, so there is a much bigger production coming, so stay tuned!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »
 :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 01:59:08 PM »
Glad to have you guys in Aces High! <S>

Offline Avenger8

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 02:12:26 PM »
Looks good, thanks  :aok

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »
A dogfighting video? You must not be in it then  :ahand

Teasing man teasing, I do enjoy trying to catch your D9 offguard before you get it back toward your ack or your teamates. I'm glad you guys are here and are having fun. Keep the videos coming, always fun to watch when stuck at work.  :rock
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »
Too many head ons, otherwise a nice compilation.

As The Damned's Inspector of Honorable Use & Fighting Oversight Officer (or IHoUFOO for short), it's my duty to take these charges seriously.  As such, I have opened an official investigation.  To facilitate this investigation, I reviewed the film thoroughly before coming to my conclusions.  I will step all of you through some of the film, but let me warn you.....it's UGLY.

Kill #1 @ 0:13:  A rear quarter shot on a P38 from it's high 6 o'clock.  Yup....while it's close, this kill clearly falls into the 180 degree HO shot category.  Skyrr will receive squad demerits and a stern talking to for that one, let me tell you!!  

Kill #2 @ 0:18:  A very nice shot on Messiah from his 3 o'clock.  AHHHHHH.....wait a sec....some of the shells hit the fighter's front right side engine cowling as it flew across Skyyr's nose. So yet another HO!  Wow!  More demerits!

Kill #3 @ 0:21:  OK, now we are cooking!  Kill of a Ki84, piloted by the Lord of Honor, the Klingiest of Klingons, that master of the Ki-Ki-Ki-Katana......the Mighty INK!!!!!!!  Clear, zero degree HO shot by Skyyr.  Ignore what appears to be incoming rounds from INKs plane prior to Skyyr firing.  After a through internal investigation it is clear that both Skyyr and Kruel did a George Lucas and tampered with the film to make it appear that INK had fired first....as if the mighty Muppet would EVER stoop to HOing!!! *gasp*  The very thought is beyond belief and repugnant!  

Kill #4 @ 0:28:  Can't really tell for certain except its a kill on Bruv flying low on the deck.  I'll count this as a probable HO, otherwise we would have to accept that Skyyr was on Bruv's dead six....which is of course not possible.

Kill #5 & 6 @ 032: These kills on Skorpion and Geaux are both HO shots as well.  Skyyr HO shot Skorpion right down into his cockpit, and then belly HO shot Geaux not seconds later for two dishonorable, cowardly, unfair kills!!!  

<I'VE RUN OUT OF DEMERRITS!!!!  SOMEONE GET ME ANOTHER DAMNED* DEMERRIT BOOK!!!!!>

I could go on and on, but am too embarrassed to continue.  All of the rest were HOs shots too...especially the one at 4:05 where Skyrr** roped a F4U in a LA and then had the audacity to not wait for it to fall back to earth but shot it dead in the face....AND HE TURNED HIS ENGINE OFF TOO!!  TRAVESTY!

A big thanks to Dolby for bringing this travesty to our attention.   Kruel has been assigned extra KP duty, and Skyyr is now tasked with building shelters for the homeless using the sizable stack of demerit tickets he has been assigned.  

:salute

* Pun intended.

**  :headscratch: or was it Kruel? Damn him....I'm bringing him up on charges too!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:41:22 PM by Zerstorer »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »
Fulcrum, I suggest you have a brain scan, just to be on the safe side. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
Fulcrum, I suggest you have a brain scan, just to be on the safe side. :old:

He'll need a brain scan after I get done with him for all of those demerits. :furious
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 02:42:00 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:47:09 PM by Skuzzy »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 02:43:53 PM »
See Rule #4

He'll need a brain scan after I get done with him for all of those demerits. :furious

Hey!  Enough out of you!   Get back to work...those homes won't get built on their own!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:48:11 PM by Skuzzy »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »
You know it's bad when we pre-troll any posts we make rofl  :banana:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »
Don't post films like that they make me want to resubscribe  :cry
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone