Author Topic: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.  (Read 7228 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 10:26:14 AM »
BnZs - Get rid of him.

:banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 10:38:21 AM »
That is the base that the enemy is NOT at. Even if people would up to defend from the next base over in large numbers, (they usually don't) the spoilsports are greatly increasing the time and inconvenience before one gets to the tun part. Again screwing over fighter pilots on BOTH sides of the furball. And if significant resistance starts coming from the next base over, sure enough they'll toolshed that one as well.

It's a really good thing they're not invulnerable to bullets.  Oh wait, you're the guy what was on about how completely impossible to kill bombers are... nvm.

Why don't those who like smashing inanimate objects and apparently don't like actual combat between players to eist just go ahead and fly bomber missions offline?

Hell, they could build terrains for their offline bomber flying that are nothing but endless cities and buildings to bomb for hours and hours. Maybe even modify a sound pack so that they could hear simulated cries of women and children burning to death, that sort of thing would probably appeal to the personality type that toolshedds.

Why are people who are looking for instant action constant dogfight expecting it in an arena that isn't set up to cater only to that playstyle?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »
BnZs - Get rid of him.

:banana:

Yes. I'm so awful for actually wanting to up from a base under attack and be shot down by 'leet sticks like you. It's horrible that I want to be take off under your 109F or C205 o' death and give you a minute of action before I burn, instead of watching you fly above the base from the tower while we both die of boredom. Obviously I hate you and don't want you to have any fun at all in the game. :devil

You know, something I find ironic-We who still fly fighter in AH often spend our time bashing each other for not flying fighter "right"-bloody pickers runners hoers! Yet most of us don't have anything at all to say against those who who grief us by preventing furballs from occuring. That is illogical. Frankly, it is also a bit brain dead.  
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:59:07 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 10:58:15 AM »
destroying towns and bases-hangers ords bunkers field funs radars-is a part of war--has been done done in every real war and simulated..i don't think and i hope your wish won't be granted....if you can't destroy the hangers..you can't win the base.....because the overall object of the game is to have fun  and win the war.....and bombing hangers is nothing new--been doing it since day 1.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 11:03:17 AM »
Yes. I'm so awful for actually wanting to up from a base under attack and be shot down by 'leet sticks like you. It's horrible that I want to be take off under your 109F or C205 o' death and give you a minute of action before I burn, instead of watching you fly above the base from the tower while we both die of boredom. Obviously I hate you and don't want you to have any fun at all in the game. :devil

You know, something I find ironic-We who still fly fighter in AH often spend our time bashing each other for not flying fighter "right"-bloody pickers runners hoers! Yet most of us don't have anything at all to say against those who who grief us by preventing furballs from occuring. That is illogical. Frankly, it is also a bit brain dead.  
well don't take off from a base being vulched...thats just silly..take off from another base to get alt.then attack them ..if your taking off from vulched fields..thats your fault
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:16:28 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
destroying towns and bases-hangers ords bunkers field funs radars-is a part of war
You may not have noticed, but the AH main isn't exactly a war. Nor is it a simulation of one, after the manner of true wargames. For instance, no one never really dies. There is no attrition. When you shoot down a the enemy doesn't lose 10 hard to replace crewmen and a very expensive airplane. Etc.

The AH main's capture the flag dynamic ideally promotes players shooting at it each other, which is the whole reason to pay the fee for MMO play. The tool-shedding dynamic destroys player-on-player combat. Nor can it be called realistic from the "war" POV...destroying a couple of buildings stopped every fighter in a 625 square mile area from upping during WWII?  :rofl

if you can't destroy the hangers..you can't win the base.....
Now this exemplifies everything wrong with what win-teh-war types bring to the game. If you can't establish enough superiority to hold down the enemy fighters and get your troops in without toolshedding, you don't *deserve* to take the base. And this style of base taking, vicious fighting until the very last minute, is far and away more fun for both sides than the bomb the hangars out of existence and leisurely drive troops into undefended territory style that predominates in the game these days.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:16:46 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »
well don't take off from a base being vulched...thats just silly..take off from another base to get alt.then attack them

Um, your reading comprehension not quite working today? I WANT to take off from the vulched base and fight. Presumably the guys trying to vulch want me to take off as well, so they can kill me. Tool-shedding bomb****s screw both the defenders and the vulchers over.

Also Cargnico don't vulch. He hangs out a little above and kills you to death when you try to climb up and kill his ENY gazillion plane. Fair enough.  :aok
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:16:10 AM by BnZs »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 12:15:49 PM »
I sunk a CV yesterday that ended a huge two sector full darbar on both sides furball. I was participating in this furball for a good while until the 5" tards started to target fighters in the furball after they got shot down. After getting knocked down three times in a row by them I decided to up some Tu-2s climbed to 7k and sunk it. I love CV fights but once the act tards come out I will end it real quick.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »
BnZ instead of whining about bombers, why don't you try and defend your base?  The problem isn't players 'tool shedding', the problem is players like you are too lazy to defend their base so you come to the forums and post a wish to nerf a certain aspect of the game instead.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 12:31:24 PM »
Also Cargnico don't vulch. He hangs out a little above and kills you to death when you try to climb up and kill his ENY gazillion plane. Fair enough.  <-- who said anything anout this guy<--
Um, your reading comprehension not quite working today? I WANT to take off from the vulched base and fight. Presumably the guys trying to vulch want me to take off as well, so they can kill me. Tool-shedding bomb****s screw both the defenders and the vulchers over.

with indestrucable hangers-all your doing is padding their score--when they vulch---cause and effect--hangers not down--people keep upping get vulched--pads bad guys score....if they make hangers un killable--people will quit because it doesent make sense...and your need for your cartoon pilot to die is only in your self intrest...and i'm afraid your the only one that wants this--if you can't destroy the hangers--theres no reason to attack a base...and that is what the bombers are for..

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 12:32:38 PM »
BnZ instead of whining about bombers, why don't you try and defend your base?  The problem isn't players 'tool shedding', the problem is players like you are too lazy to defend their base so you come to the forums and post a wish to nerf a certain aspect of the game instead.

ack-ack
:aok :salute

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
AKAK, here is why your opinion is irrelevant. First of all, your MO on the boards is to lambaste anyone who suggests the game isn't perfect, whether they are correct or not. When you don't have a logical rebuttal you simply substitute ad hominem, as the case now.

Second, the suggestions to just hunt the buffs is fairly easy for you to say, since hanging out in the stratosphere in a P-38 and engaging very conservatively at best is your MO in the arena. I don't have a problem with that style generally, but when you spew shallow-witted tripe of this nature, I will call you on that little detail.

How would you suggest I "defend my base" effectively when I just upped two minutes ago and am heavily engaged fighters? Do you expect me to just up a cannon bird and spend my limited playtime hanging out at 20K, on the chance that buffs are coming in, instead of engaging in the dogfight, where the fun is? That is the very definition of a boring chore, which is why no one does it.

You cannot come up with anything reasonable to demonstrate why the tool-shedding game dynamic adds to fun rather than detracting from it, so you accuse me of "whining". Typical.

ack-ack

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 12:48:41 PM »

with indestrucable hangers-all your doing is padding their score--when they vulch---cause and effect--hangers not down--people keep upping get vulched--pads bad guys score....
I don't CARE if vulchers score gets padded, and I  :rofl at a you, defending bombtarredism and then judging ANY other kind of player as "bad".

Even with a completely de-acked field, windows wherein one can up will occur quickly. And if one of them gets me, so what? Planes are infinite and free...unless griefers in buffs have been at work.

if they make hangers un killable--people will quit because it doesent make sense.. destroy the hangers--
The "killing two buildings, now the enemy has absolutely no airplanes" thing does not make sense. Myriad dynamics in the MA do not make sense, because they are simply props to create combat and fun. Tool-shedding is a flawed dynamic in that regard, because it ends combat and detracts from fun.

-if you can't destroy the hangers theres no reason to attack a base...and that is what the bombers are for..
No reason? How actually getting to have a fight with other player-flown machines? Air Combat Maneuvering, ever heard of it? Now I'm sure you exemplify everything wrong with the "win teh war" crowd.

And bombers are for destroying infrastructure and facilities on a nation-wide scale for strategic purposes. We don't have a strat game in the MA, and the current use of bombers as tool-shedding implements is as unrealistic as it is annoying.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:15:13 PM by BnZs »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »
if they make hangers un killable--people will quit

In case you haven't been paying attention, people HAVE been quitting in droves for a while now, as evidenced by the numbers. Maybe flawed anti-fun game dynamics have something to do with that aye? Bombers would still be very useful for destroying towns, gun positions, etc. They just wouldn't have destroying fun as a primary mission anymore.

BTW, I just noticed that your arguments complain a huge logical contradiction. You alleged that those "bad vulchers" can vulch so effectively that no one can possibly get up and offer real resistance, but you ALSO claim that bases cannot be taken without dropping the hangars. Busted!  :ahand

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »
AKAK, here is why your opinion is irrelevant. First of all, your MO on the boards is to lambaste anyone who suggests the game isn't perfect, whether they are correct or not. When you don't have a logical rebuttal you simply substitute ad hominem, as the case now.

You dismiss my comment because you know I'm correct.  I've seen your type over the two decades of playing online flight sims, your kind cries to nerf aspects of the game they suck at.  You can't shoot down bombers so you want to nerf them.  Bombers aren't the problem, it's you. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song