Author Topic: HO, front-quarter, or simply poor SA?  (Read 10540 times)

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: HO, front-quarter, or simply poor SA?
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2014, 05:04:31 PM »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2014, 06:09:14 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

No no.. I think this thread has made a new topic... like.. How can a person that has played this game for 10years be so bad?
- TWBYDHAS

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »
On page 6 there was something I picked up on. Skyyr mentioned that he wasn't bringing any grudges with him. Considering the omission that he has a long term plan to remove bruv from his high horse I call BS. As always with Skyyr the truth differs from the tripe falling out of his mouth.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2014, 06:40:37 PM »
You seem to imply that all forward shots are hot passes/head-ons/h2h/whatever - they, in fact, are not; and there is a reason there is different terminology.

You may dislike front-quarter shots - that's fine, simply don't call it a HO if you didn't have a guns solution when I pulled the trigger and I think we'll all get along just fine.
Wow... and you proved my point with not only your foot in your mouth, but your whole damn leg...    there has not been one time you went for your "front-quarter shot" that I couldn't have shot you right in the face had I chose to do so..  and that is where you come off foolish... treating everyone else like they don't know what HO's are...  and for the record, I don't necessarily dislike front quarter shots/HOs... I just find them boring... and in your case, a sign that your air combat gaming skills are lacking... you know, your last resort "I've run out of enough E to run or attempt another rope" HO's....  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2014, 06:53:06 PM »
Wow... and you proved my point with not only your foot in your mouth, but your whole damn leg...    there has not been one time you went for your "front-quarter shot" that I couldn't have shot you right in the face had I chose to do so

Of course you'll claim that; it'd negate your whole argument if you didn't. However, you (and yours) all make the undeniably obvious lead-turn/angles maneuver when you approach a head-on. It's so blatantly obvious where you're going and what you're going to do that it simply presents a missed shot opportunity if not taken. So claim that you "could" have shot me if you wanted to, the fact is that you haven't and therefore, without proof that you actually maintained a guns-solution without pulling the trigger, it's nothing more than your opinion vs mine.

Also, it's fairly contradictory to claim that someone's skills are lacking while in the same breath criticizing them for killing/shooting someone on the first pass. I mean, if your "air combat skills" are so superior, why then does it matter what I do? Oh, wait - it shows a lack of skill, even though you're the who's damaged and/or dead. Ah, I see - another one of the "it's not about the win" arguments...

You do realize that front-quarter passes are now part of current USAF fighter doctrine, right? There's a reason why merges are taught to have near-zero deflection and not the lead-turn merge that you seem so fond of. ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:18:42 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2014, 07:12:19 PM »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2014, 07:24:06 PM »
No no.. I think this thread has made a new topic... like.. How can a person that has played this game for 10years be so bad?

Ah yes...here they come. When one cant actually argue the point logically...the insults come out. Standard procedure right out of that trolling post Jugger made on the private forum, eh? What was it..."Never, ever let the lowly noobs win. Never admit you are wrong!" Or something similar?

Next up should be the mass posts from the rest of the squad.   :rofl

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
My take on this so far is that everyone arguing with Skyyrr and Fulcrum are the real losers.

Skyyrr obviously is out to troll, and Fulcrum would clearly back I him up if he were involved with Watergate.

I'm out. Fly how you like, say what you want, argue as you please; clearly nobody is changing anyone else's mind.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2014, 07:32:29 PM »
I refer to this thread http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,362889.0.html, in which I propose a rule code to make the MA more the way many players SAY they want it to be, with enough enforcement teeth for these rules to actually MEAN something. Not a single player voted aye on it. So I'm a little vexed that anyone complains about HOs in the MA when *not a single player* AFAIK is willing to embrace an actual enforced rule against HOing in the MA.

It's not ideology-The MA IS what it IS, random in how fair a chance you get, and virtually everyone in there will do everything in their power to make sure that you get an UNFAIR chance. I have been picked, double-teamed and flat ganged, and HO'd since day one, and continue to be whenever I allow it to happen. I have often had far maneuverable aircraft dive on my six, also a situation which doesn't really count as fair, yet no one bats an eye.

Probably everyone opining on "cheap" tactics on this thread in fact, has done some of these things, and will do them again in the future

If I out-turn a 190-A8 in an Fm2 because my machine turns better, no one has a problem with it. If he runs away, turns around and shoots me in the face coming back because he is faster has much greater firepower, then he is just an awful human being?  :rofl To me that sort of double-standard makes no sense in an arena where by design aircraft with all manner of different strengths and weaknesses clash constantly.

So I make this challenge to the board: Accept my proposal for rules in the MA. Cold merges, 1v1s, no running, fights to the finish gentlemen, with these rules enforceable by temporary and permanent bans for violators caught on film. OR, if you find these rules and their logical implications unacceptable, if you continue to endorse the MA being as it is through inaction if nothing else, then please do shut off the flow of mostly hypocritical horsedung about supposed fairness and honor or lack thereof, of both tactics and individuals. In particular, no individual can be considered dishonored for violating a rule they have not agreed to follow and which in reality is only an opinion/preference of some other vocal individual.

Why do you even bring up that thread? It was one of the poorest attempts at a troll ever.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2014, 07:53:40 PM »

Skyyrr obviously is out to troll, and Fulcrum would clearly back I him up if he were involved with Watergate.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »
Of course you'll claim that; it'd negate your whole argument if you didn't. However, you (and yours) all make the undeniably obvious lead-turn/angles maneuver when you approach a head-on. It's so blatantly obvious where you're going and what you're going to do that it simply presents a missed shot opportunity if not taken. So claim that you "could" have shot me if you wanted to, the fact is that you haven't and therefore, without proof that you actually maintained a guns-solution without pulling the trigger, it's nothing more than your opinion vs mine.
:rofl  well, again, you are re-acting just as I said you would... foolishly...
you see, I don't have to resort to posting videos of me picking people, or come on here and blather on about how I know more acm than others to somehow try to convince people I know how to fight... people know I can "fight" in game, because I do... people know me because of my acm, not because I talk about it...  :aok

Also, it's fairly contradictory to claim that someone's skills are lacking while in the same breath criticizing them for killing/shooting someone on the first pass. I mean, if your "air combat skills" are so superior, why then does it matter what I do? Oh, wait - it shows a lack of skill, even though you're the who's damaged and/or dead. Ah, I see - another one of the "it's not about the win" arguments...
and apparently the only way you can muster any damage on me is to blow by at 550 guns blazing praying to allah that something hits and then running like hell back to ack?   :aok

You do realize that front-quarter passes are now part of current USAF fighter doctrine, right? There's a reason why merges are taught to have near-zero deflection and not the lead-turn merge that you seem so fond of. ;)
again, acting as if no one but you knows anything about air combat tactics... next time I talk with Robert... yes Robert Shaw, I'll tell him to look you up, maybe you can enlighten him with some of your ACM prowess..  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2014, 08:11:08 PM »
Ah yes...here they come. When one cant actually argue the point logically...the insults come out. Standard procedure right out of that trolling post Jugger made on the private forum, eh? What was it..."Never, ever let the lowly noobs win. Never admit you are wrong!" Or something similar?

Next up should be the mass posts from the rest of the squad.   :rofl

I'll give you a little advice bud... folks in glass houses shouldn't cast stones...  :aok

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2014, 08:19:21 PM »
:rofl  well, again, you are re-acting just as I said you would... foolishly...

Ah, go for the ad-hominem attack instead of addressing the actual core issue. Typical.

and apparently the only way you can muster any damage on me is to blow by at 550 guns blazing praying to allah that something hits and then running like hell back to ack?   :aok

Really? I'm pretty sure I lit you up numerous times yesterday morning, one time while Kruel roped you like a champ. Of course, your next response will just claim sarcasm on your part, failure to comprehend your own sense of sarcasm on my part, or something involving cheap wingman tactics (even though it we both had them at the time).  :lol

again, acting as if no one but you knows anything about air combat tactics... next time I talk with Robert... yes Robert Shaw, I'll tell him to look you up, maybe you can enlighten him with some of your ACM prowess..  :aok

Ah, yet another completely illogical response, bordering on the ad-hominem. Nowhere did I claim you knew nothing about ACM - on the contrary, you were the one that claimed I showed a lack of "air combat skills" and by extension, showed a lack of ACM. Interesting - you're guilty of the very thing you've accused me of. We call that hypocrisy in most circles. You then follow it up with a halfway-relevant reference to Robert Shaw, who is not an active combat pilot (I in no way mean any disrespect towards him - on the contrary, it's simply that tactics have drastically changed with modern jets and weapons and we are speaking directly about modern jets and tactics, in this case).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:28:51 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2014, 09:08:26 PM »
I'll give you a little advice bud... folks in glass houses shouldn't cast stones...  :aok

Glass houses?  :lol I respond in kind to whatever is thrown out...feel free to check.

I gave up on taking the high road a while ago.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »

:rofl

Sorry...... :lol..couldn't help myself!

Although I may have a different view of the game I find it funny so many people arguing over this. It's your 15$ do what you want with it.  :salute
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech