Author Topic: to ho or not to ho  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: to ho or not to ho
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 05:31:46 PM »
We are all responsible for staying out of the gunsights of our enemies.  Failure to do so is our failure regardless of the direction our plane is facing.

This is sig worthy.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 05:55:04 PM »
This is sig worthy.

my very thoughts.as soon as I figure out how
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:57:20 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 06:07:11 PM »
I'll never HO you on the first pass unless your in a 262. However if you HO me on the first pass all bets are off  :D
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »
To the OP ... the choice is yours....these days it is a ho or be ho'd arena... always did have the take any and all shot players however, there were a larger majority who preferred to make a go of it...unfortunately this player is now the minority and it is getting more and more gunho..... this is the game you are playing now..many others here had a different start to aces but they a falling away now.....   so i guess I'm saying...Ho your little heart out and don't get slow...ensure you have a good head of steam so as to get away and reset... a bit cynical you say... too freakin right....   I am losing my game...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:32:54 PM by SPKmes »

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 06:24:35 PM »
Sorry wiley that's the best I can do for quote Sig..I don't know how you did it with the quote and link with your sigs
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »
I'm going to say "to ho", just to piss people off. :D

That being said, Would it be considered a ho if I were to fly in a manner that allows me to kick hard rudder (meaning I MUST use hard rudder in order to get a shot on him) at the last second and peg him? :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 06:44:28 PM »
Building your own fly rod, hiking into a remote river and catching a native trout with a hand tied fly is rewarding and fun.  Ordering a filet-o-fish sandwich at the drive through is just the first step in making a turd.

If you end fights with a HO you are stealing from yourself.

AMAX  in game

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »
Oops double post.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:06:30 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »
Building your own fly rod, hiking into a remote river and catching a native trout with a hand tied fly is rewarding and fun.  Ordering a filet-o-fish sandwich at the drive through is just the first step in making a turd.

WoW!!

The Piggy Laureate of Pigs on the Wing.........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:43:05 AM by Skuzzy »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 07:06:58 PM »

Exceptionally eloquent ending with a repulsive thought. That was nicely done, bravo   :rofl
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »
I say HO away. Never mind that 99.9% of the people who cry about it can't tell the difference between an actual head-on (mutually-assured destruction) vs. a front-quarter shot (shooting someone from the front, but without risk of them being able to hit you due to their angle); rather, HO'ing brings out your opponent's true character and deepest emotions. It shows the difference between those that play to have fun and those that have some sort of deep-seated emotional investment tied to their losses.

For example, this past Saturday there was a rather poor P-47 pilot who came at me from below. Knowing his speed was too high, I pointed my nose inside of his projected flight path and waited. He pulled into me, allowing for a clean shot to the inboard side of his nose/wing root. Never mind that he didn't have a shot, or that he was being chased by numerous other aircraft, a Fugitive from justice as it were, and would have certainly died; no, he decided to spend the next 5 minutes raging on 200 about a "HO," as if that somehow validated his choices post-death.

I say HO to your heart's content and never look back!

Or it might show that they are getting really freaking tired of climbing to alt ~8mins flying to target ~3-5 only to be downed by a HO, repeat that once or twice and boom, customer lost. Even some of the long time heroes are sick of it and the new AH attitude of kill/score is the most important thing.

Skill is to be admired; k/d and gamey maneuver don't mean caca. 

I see you speak of it quite a bit yourself.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »
I say HO away. Never mind that 99.9% of the people who cry about it can't tell the difference between an actual head-on (mutually-assured destruction) vs. a front-quarter shot (shooting someone from the front, but without risk of them being able to hit you due to their angle); rather, HO'ing brings out your opponent's true character and deepest emotions. It shows the difference between those that play to have fun and those that have some sort of deep-seated emotional investment tied to their losses.

For example, this past Saturday there was a rather poor P-47 pilot who came at me from below. Knowing his speed was too high, I pointed my nose inside of his projected flight path and waited. He pulled into me, allowing for a clean shot to the inboard side of his nose/wing root. Never mind that he didn't have a shot, or that he was being chased by numerous other aircraft, a Fugitive from justice as it were, and would have certainly died; no, he decided to spend the next 5 minutes raging on 200 about a "HO," as if that somehow validated his choices post-death.

I say HO to your heart's content and never look back!

Wow   hahahaa.....  just so much win

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 08:00:06 PM »
if you want to ho, go ahead and ho. Some ties I ho back other times I don't. Brewsters always get ho'd.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 08:01:08 PM »
Never mind that 99.9% of the people who cry about it can't tell the difference between an actual head-on (mutually-assured destruction) vs. a front-quarter shot (shooting someone from the front, but without risk of them being able to hit you due to their angle);

:rofl
Top Gun