Author Topic: Airspace violation by Russia.  (Read 5063 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Airspace violation by Russia.
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2014, 09:17:27 AM »
Test what FiAF response is, times to respond, try to listen radio traffic, etc. The plane looks the way it does because it was designed as a STOL transport. The high speed jet air flow gets deflected downwards to the direction of the airfoil (Coanda effect) increasing lift.

Yes, an innovation they implemented soon after the US design competition for what is now the C-17... That was, recall, both the YC-14 (Boeing) and YC-15 (MD). Both employed Coanda effect, though differently. What you see currently on the C-17 is similar to the YC-15 layout while the YC-14 had similar mounts to the Antonov. Coincidence..? Maybe.

Also, I uspect this thread will get locked. Recall, "war is state policy by other means"... and is inherently political. When you look at a globe, the countries are dfiferentiated by politcal borders, most of which were established by violent means, in direct contradiction of the silly bromide, "violence never solves anything".

I am therefore IN and am awesome like a dancing banana for predicting the ensuing LOCK.  :banana:
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »

And that makes me wonder what was your air force doing? Don't you guys intercept and ID all unknown and foreign military aircraft close to your border? Where was the Ilmavoimat when this An-72 breached your airspace?

Due to cost saving reasons they weren't doing anything untill the press started asking questions. Now Helsinki is like the hornets nest (pun intended) and the propaganda machine is trying to convince people there's nothing to worry about. Yeah right.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »
Well, Foxtrot Uniform to you too I guess.  What do I know, I just live here. :)

:huh ??

I get an FU for rather believing Norwegian armed forces' spokesman instead of a neighbor of one of the Norwegian air force's bases?? Especially when there's such a huge difference compared to the numbers you initially posted? I mean, do you understand how ridiculous that figure of 400 sounded?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:24:48 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2014, 11:15:16 AM »
Funny thing. Two more F-16s took off 10 minutes ago with full AB. They're only allowed to do that on scramble sorties due to noise regulations. That's the second scramble of the day with at least four sorties.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2014, 11:17:16 AM »
There goes two more. Busy day here.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2014, 11:27:41 AM »
Your article claimed 37 intercepts in the Barents region in 2011. That may very well be the case, but that is only a small part of the RNoAF's area of control. We even cover Iceland these days since they've become a Norwegian protectorate. In addition to the approx. 400 scrambles in Norway the RNoAF flew 615 missions over Libya between 24 Mars and 31 July 2011. And our P-3s flew 122 missions "against" the Russians, monitoring their activities and testing their response times. The game hasn't changed much since the Cold War...

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2014, 11:33:17 AM »
There goes the fourth pair. I don't think they have many aircraft left on standby now; must be real busy on the ground over there.

We've been doing ground exercises near the Russian border the last few days. Maybe the Russians are responding...

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2014, 11:40:03 AM »
Ah... NATO ground exercise Noble Ledger (15-24 september) started today with 13 000 NATO troops arriving. No wonder the Russians are nosing around...  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:42:15 AM by GScholz »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »
Bit like Europe with its right wing nationalist political parties :)

Everyone gets armbands
and 3d glasses
Zack is in the back room
Taking those night classes

I thought you were a BNP member... or at least Ben is.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2014, 12:17:02 PM »
Heh... Just remember reading an article that we peed-off the Indians last year with our "snooping" around their carrier off the Russian coast.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ins-vikramaditya-was-spied-upon-by-nato-aircraft-and-ship-last-year/1/325335.html

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2014, 10:40:33 PM »
Airspace violations are nothing new.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2014, 01:46:23 AM »
Everyone gets armbands
and 3d glasses
Zack is in the back room
Taking those night classes

I thought you were a BNP member... or at least Ben is.

Yes Ben was very right wing but being a Border Colly/Poodle cross meant he could never be trully Britsh, Poodles are French you see :cry

The PM has anounced £3.5 billion contract to build tanks and is going to advise NATO to increase its spending on arms by 28%, funny that :)

I wonder if it dollors or Euros :rofl
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:59:13 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2014, 05:31:26 AM »
Yes Ben was very right wing but being a Border Colly/Poodle cross meant he could never be trully Britsh, Poodles are French you see :cry

The PM has anounced £3.5 billion contract to build tanks and is going to advise NATO to increase its spending on arms by 28%, funny that :)

I wonder if it dollors or Euros :rofl

So, you mean to tell me that, in today's Britain, you can't be truly right wing if you're not fully British? I guess that makes sense. Therein likely lies their problems at the polls.

As for Border Collies, my very first doggy was a BC. He was a clever dog. His main problem was a tendency to herd anything - including small children - into a neat little pack my means of nipping at their ankles. THis nearly landed him in hot water after he put a small bruise on the ankle of a neighbor's child. This wouldn't have been a problem, necessarily, but for the fact that this neighbor child's father was a TRIAL LAWYER, who shortly warned my father that lawsuits and the putting down of our beloved BC would follow should anything of this type happen EVER AGAIN. Of course, we did the only logical thing, PNG'ing that kid away from any proximity with our beloved pooch ever again.

Later, we'd replace dear old Tuxedo with a set of much larger (and much fiercer) malemutes.  With them, the danger was never an innocent nip. Of course, dead animals would turn up in the yard from time to time, some of which they'd happily play tug-of-war with.

In any case, a good BNP dog would be something like that (or any of the other big fierce breeds - perhaps they could try Joe Stalin's black Russian Terriers), just to keep things in line, if you follow. Sufficiently trained, such beasts could be very useful. Ours were never so orderly. If Ben were, perhaps, to "butch it up" a bit, he might get his membership card (despite the issue with Bona Fides), is all I'm saying. He could closet his poodle side, change his hair, keep his "extracurricular activities" out of the public eye. just talk with him. I mean; he's getting on a bit. Why does he still feel such a need to be so flamboyant about things?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2014, 05:30:56 AM »
political dogs and Russia starting WW3 all in one thread.   Awesome.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2014, 08:48:53 AM »
This 11 missing airliners from Tripoli International could be a real threat not the Russians; its believed the jihadist from Libya are cooperating with ISIS;
 new ISIS Airline offering cheap one way  flights to Western destination?!  :pray

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/09/04/libya-missing-planes-sept-11/15059169/