Author Topic: Mad Max Reboot  (Read 4390 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mad Max Reboot
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 06:35:35 PM »
other than the girls taking a shower in the desert.  I didnt really care for this movie.  it was really bad.  and I paid extra to see it in 3d.  well the girls did make it worthwhile.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 09:38:28 PM »
Of all the films I think this one was the "darkest" and so they gave it all the awards to cover their butts

#OscarSoWhite  :noid

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2016, 01:08:31 AM »
They were design and sound awards.  Not exactly much to do with the movie's quality.

I quite liked the movie, I bought the Blu-Ray.  I'm not entirely sure it deserves all the slobbering the critics did over it but for what it was, it was much better than most similar movies.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 01:20:32 AM »
Pretty good movie. Better than the first two that's for sure.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 07:28:30 AM »
I DID watch it. It took me no less than 4 days, because it was so shallow I couldn't possibly focus on it for more than about 20 minutes at a time. I have only walked out on ONE movie in a theater before, and had I seen this thing in a theater, I would have demanded my money back. It's in my top 5 list of worst movies ever.
Yeah but aren't you also the guy who thought that the prequels were better than The Force Awakens? I'm pretty critical of cinema and I don't even like action movies yet I think this was a pretty good movie. The film certainly deserved an award for cinematography. Some of those shot's had to be a nightmare to put together and undoubtedly took many takes.

But one can't ignore the racially conscious pc motivations for nominating this film. I mean the two lead actors aren't anglo they're germanic. The bad guys are all anglo, in fact the only anglo/nordic faces in the good guy team were the paint huffing traitor kid and the hot preggers chick.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 08:19:57 AM »
Brokeback mountain was Defo Germanic!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 09:10:29 AM »
97% on the Tomatometer.

"Critics Consensus: With exhilarating action and a surprising amount of narrative heft, Mad Max: Fury Road brings George Miller's post-apocalyptic franchise roaring vigorously back to life."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mad_max_fury_road/

Critics?  They mean diddly squat.

You have to take any opinion within the context of the person stating the opinion.  Most people are pretty clear about their personal context, which makes it easy to determine if they are in line with what you go to see a movie for.

The "tomatometer" is a joke.

I read a number of the reviews.  Based on what I read, I would not have paid to see the movie in a theater.  I might pick up the DVD from the bargain bin though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:14:51 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:32 AM »
You Sir are a hopeless old cynic!  :mad:
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 11:17:48 AM »
You Sir are a hopeless old cynic!  :mad:

Not at all.  I just know what I like when I go to see a movie and that may not be what you like.  No harm, no foul.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »
Do you have Brokeback mountain on Bluray?

The GFC

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 12:19:12 PM »
No I don't. I saw it once in the theater. Good movie, but not much replay value. I do however have a copy of Blue Is The Warmest Color (La vie d'Adele). A three hour long French gay romance movie. It's fantastic. Can't recommend it enough. Never seen acting that good before, or since. Nor passion and love portrayed so raw and real. It's on Netflix if you want to check it out.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:21:48 PM by PR3D4TOR »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »
Not at all.  I just know what I like when I go to see a movie and that may not be what you like.  No harm, no foul.

Thats mainly the reason I dont go to the movies anymore, nothing ever worth my time to watch. The other reason is I refuse to spend $5 on a small soda and $5 on a tiny bag of popcorn. What a crock.

Anything that looks  like it would be good to see ill wait till it comes out on tv even if it takes a few years. I wont even go out to rent a movie either
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 01:01:23 PM »
No I don't. I saw it once in the theater. Good movie, but not much replay value. I do however have a copy of Blue Is The Warmest Color (La vie d'Adele). A three hour long French gay romance movie. It's fantastic. Can't recommend it enough. Never seen acting that good before, or since. Nor passion and love portrayed so raw and real. It's on Netflix if you want to check it out.

Awesome  :)

Pipz also has that film on Betamax long play

The GFC

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2016, 01:20:14 PM »
A 2013 movie on Betamax..  :huh :rofl

Exceptional movie, Won the Palm d'Or at Cannes (the international film festival that makes the Oscars look like a school pageant) and also an unprecedented award for the leading ladies. Exarchopoulos winning the most prestigious film award in the world at 19.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:22:36 PM by PR3D4TOR »

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »

Since you enjoy the ridiculousness of 'Scorpion', and being a car guy, I think you'll enjoy the movie for the cars and stunts.  That's what makes the movie.

Tom Hardy's good in it.  Charlize Theron was a waste - I felt she didn't bring anything special to it.

But those cars, and the stunts...and explosions.  Total mindless overkill. :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."