Author Topic: Terrain Editor  (Read 23873 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain Editor
« Reply #435 on: February 26, 2016, 11:41:10 AM »
Did you happen to note any frame rate difference with all those planes?

I've always wanted to scatter a few terrain appropriate aircraft around the fields for the additional immersion.

It's a killer on frame rates.

Once I get this tweeked, I'm not sure how to use it to get the most from the photo op. I will post the res file of this version when it's ready along with a var file since people will probably play with the wirbel spawn while trying to use the photo op to best show the stable. I have all spawn radius set to zero so you don't fall off the high elevations. Also I will place a lineup of vehicles for inspection back of the bombers.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #436 on: February 26, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
I didn't know that the Bf109 K4 came with gondolas.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #437 on: February 26, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »
Hitech,

Did you want the 4 WW1 rides included in that Photo Op I setup on my terrain? Also now that I have the pitch built into the file, moving them around on that surface will not be a problem.

I made it available to everyone because I'm drawing a blank on how to take advantage of it for a film or screen shots.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #438 on: February 26, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
Hitech,

Did you want the 4 WW1 rides included in that Photo Op I setup on my terrain? Also now that I have the pitch built into the file, moving them around on that surface will not be a problem.

I made it available to everyone because I'm drawing a blank on how to take advantage of it for a film or screen shots.
[/quot short video of a high speed pass.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #439 on: February 27, 2016, 02:47:46 PM »
[/quot short video of a high speed pass.

Here is one, those static objects eat my FPS. I'll try one more without the field ack "if" the drones don't complicate the picture as GV. Or I'll do one with the same P51 slowly taxing down the runway end to end for more filler.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2016, 03:29:50 PM »
A second one, drones as jeeps. There are trade offs, hope these two films I've done help. Those objects eat FPS. but, with the drones in the air even worse.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2016, 05:17:00 PM »
The ahf film won't work without the latest release of the terrain res file.  :lol
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2016, 06:20:07 PM »
One of three things because now I'm confusalated,

1. - I'm using an out of date version of Beta8

or

2. - You haven't updated to Beta8 yet.

Or

3. - AHBT007TO008.EXE is like a booboo once during the alpha where the executable name was one thing but, the payload was the previous release's code.

Please tell me I don't need to get out the marble net yet. The cats are all asleep and not chasing anything on the floor...... :rolleyes:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2016, 06:30:53 PM »
 :old:
Anytime you run a film but don't have the terrain for that film, what do you think you will see?

Now extend that thought process to include what happens if the version of the terrain doesn't match the one the film used when it was made.

We're talking .res file, not .exe.

Edit:
I guess you've never tried that. ahf isn't YouTube!
Pull your gunnery.res file out of the folder and see what happens.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:35:56 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2016, 07:34:20 PM »
I posted the dern thing down in the Beta forum but, wait I'll post it here just for you. Kranky, Kranky, Kranky.......

Next thing you know a renta forehead smacker will show up at my door to smack me...... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #445 on: February 28, 2016, 01:42:01 AM »
Here ya go  :rofl

:bhead

Thanks for the file. I didn't see it there
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #446 on: February 28, 2016, 02:25:23 AM »
My system is too slow to do this justice but perhaps your's is faster.
I've been around longer then you so don't go flattening your forehead again!

Try this. It gives a rock steady low speed pass.
Change the field ownership to knit so the ack isn't firing at the drowns, air or GV.
Turn off FPS (Ctrl+I) Turn off Icons (Alt+I) (Actually I see you did this part)
Move the text buffer off screen.
Then select the plane you want to use in the hanger. It can be anything but I used a slow one.
Use CMeye, no plane, and make a couple of passes to get the throttle set about right, then don't touch it.
Plan your route unless you can merge the AH films.
Set the mouse curser as close to the center of your screen as possible. It's your piper.
Start the film rolling and begin your run in CMeye.
Toward the end, I had to pull up a bit because of the P38s

Here's an example. I hope you like it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:33:17 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #447 on: February 28, 2016, 10:32:01 AM »
There is something new called "vbrmt" in the objects list of the TE. Is this a new V base or just something that was not included in the show all shapes filter? If it is a base can it be used on an MA terrain and if so is there anything else I should know about it?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:35:49 AM by Greebo »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #448 on: February 28, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »
There is something new called "vbrmt" in the objects list of the TE. Is this a new V base or just something that was not included in the show all shapes filter? If it is a base can it be used on an MA terrain and if so is there anything else I should know about it?

It is the v base used in the tank land terrain, yes it can be used in any terrain, it will  have a few mods done to it yet, we forgot to put and exit pad in it.

It is a vbase that is not a square object but you should level the terrain where you place the object.

Also Note to Waffle: Add the other new objects we used in the remote base to the TE object list. It think it is only the Hangar object.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »
My system is too slow to do this justice but perhaps your's is faster.
I've been around longer then you so don't go flattening your forehead again!

Try this. It gives a rock steady low speed pass.
Change the field ownership to knit so the ack isn't firing at the drowns, air or GV.
Turn off FPS (Ctrl+I) Turn off Icons (Alt+I) (Actually I see you did this part)
Move the text buffer off screen.
Then select the plane you want to use in the hanger. It can be anything but I used a slow one.
Use CMeye, no plane, and make a couple of passes to get the throttle set about right, then don't touch it.
Plan your route unless you can merge the AH films.
Set the mouse curser as close to the center of your screen as possible. It's your piper.
Start the film rolling and begin your run in CMeye.
Toward the end, I had to pull up a bit because of the P38s

Here's an example. I hope you like it.

Does CMeye also give a you the ultra secret version of the storch with retractable gear?

bustr - POTW 1st Wing