Author Topic: Questions for HTC (HiTech/Pyro)  (Read 10454 times)

Online scott66

• Gold Member
Re: Questions for HTC (HiTech/Pyro)
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 12:06:30 PM »
I highly recommend twinbooms sound pack if you're looking to enhance your game play it helps allot. I hear Mitsu and fester has some to
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 12:23:52 PM »
anytime I try to get anyone to play this game they're instantly turned off by the outdated subscription model.

The subscription model isn't "outdated", far from it.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »

Well compared to FFXIV you can say AH is a freemium :D

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »
I agree... Stop when you want, start back when you want.  And the price is dirt cheap.  I lose more then $15 a month...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »

50 cents a day, cheapest entertainment I have ever found, that is really great fun.

Unless you are asking your mom every month for the 15 bucks to pay your AH bill and you haven't done your homework or your chores.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »
The sub model is current IMO, even if it has been around a long time. If players don't like it, I'll remind them of the year or two when it cost 29.95, which everyone then thought was an absolute STEAL compared to previous games.  @50$ CDN a month then, I thought it was cheap considering what I got for that $.  Even at 20$CDN now, it's still a bargain compared to almost everything else out there.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 02:11:46 PM »
1. Before you make accusations about the game. You should probably play and learn the game better before you express your full opinion. You can download other sounds that fellow players in the community have made. Some people really do a great job with them. You do not have to use the default sounds.

2. While I agree with you that the physical detail level does need to be enhanced for new dedicated subscribers, the pay to win game model is a joke. It is not a fair structure to beginning players as well. It limits skill sets and forces the wallet to be your skill decider. It takes competition out of the game and ruins the game for people who believe winning with even measures is what games are all about.

3. The war base wholelistic atmosphere is the best part of AH. Having the freedom to soar the skies and fight where and whenever you want, bomb any city, tank all over the place. It makes it seem more realistic. Being showed into a room with TD and FFA like WT is fun and all, but too me it is not the game model in AH. Personally, I think HTC's strategy for a full map all out war is awesome. All we need are more people to join the game and you will be blown away by how much action there will be.

4. While I do agree that HTC does have some problems to look into, and strategies to consider with these maps, HQ, strats, maps that promote large fights, and the Training aspect ( which should be free so people can learn thr game, they cant actually down a plane and they will be itching for it), the overall game structure on a large map, nor the flight model should be changed.

5. Again, there are other places in AH2 that you can go to and experience FFAs and team death matches. AH2 has a places where you can create your own custom rooms. All it takes is someone to make a FFA room with a smog 8 map, promote the hell out of it on the BBs, and boom you have a 16-32 base FFA or TDM.

6. I agree that promotion, PR, and recognition need some up lifting. I believe the reason this game wasn't on those links you provided is simply because people haven't heard of this game. Also, a 2 weeks free trial is very difficult to learn and understand the game to be willing enough to pay for it monthly. You have to have a super warbird enthousiest who is willing to stay. Most people have to work, 2 weeks doesn't give them enough attachment time. Olds, my friends say the same thing. They are not as enthusiastic about warbirds, so they don't care to pay for a game monthly that isn't up to graphic standards, realizing they wouldn't play that much anyway. It's a fun for time opportunity cash cost.

7. Learn the game better. When you become better at AH, you become better at getting kills and having longer sorties. You have better fights, you help the team better, you have more successful missions. It took me 8-10 years to get to a good level. Many people who complain are new and don't have the slightest clue what's going on. If they practiced more they would get more kills and stay alive longer.. I hope the learning curve never changes because in AH you really get a sense of how scary warbirds really are in the right hands, and flying ain't easy. If you want to be good and become a good pilot in AH, you have to spend years learning it, instead of paying to have better planes and bullets than everyone else,  and that is something special about this game.
I started playing around late 2009. I have more hours in aces high than I'm happy to admit.

Also having downloaded and made my own soundpacks I can say with certainty that it still lacks very far behind most games. I mean we still don't have proper idle engine sounds (someone said this is too hard to implement, mean while arma 2 implements it very well) also lets not forget plane engine positions being incorrect in a 3D space (p39 engine sounds like its from the front, not rear). Also its impossible to get a Hi Fi sound system by only having "engine" sounds. Currently sound pack makers must mix super charger, turbo charger, prop noise, all into the engine sound.

Also 50 cents a day is honestly silly if you don't play during that day. I suggest a system where you would only pay when you played.

Also, I've seen better conduct on the call of duty forums, its honestly saddening. Look already there is rule #4's being thrown around in this thread. Any sort of argument always turns into personal attacks here, and believe it or not that drives a lot of people away.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:15:28 PM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »

Also 50 cents a day is honestly silly if you don't play during that day. I suggest a system where you would only pay when you played.

OK, how about this then, pay just 14.95 per month only on the months you play.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »
I've said the exact same thing in every thread like these - I've never NOT been able to find something fun to do and be entertained.

Others don't feel the same, if they want to complain about that - HTC can respond to that however they please IMO.

So far as the "complaining".  I never complained about any facet of the game - neither was Kazaa with his OP.  I made complaints, for better or worse, about HTC policy regarding communication with players, but so far as the game goes, I'm happy with whatever is there, if I wasn't I just wouldn't play it, and move on the the dozens of games I buy that I don't even have time to try, much less play.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say I suppose, it's very contradictory for being a ball of a giant run together sentence. 

One thing that's of particular note, you said "people we don't want".   Who exactly do you determine "people" and "we" to be?  HTC said the following recently, something I think he is 100% correct about -

The "people"   "WE" don't want?  That's a very arrogant and presumptuous thing to say, especially after berating others for what you labelled as being "complainers".  I hate being the bearer of bad news, but the potential crop of "new players" out there may not like, want, or even be offered the type of gameplay YOU want or that YOU consider "good".
They only good that "runners" provide is the opportunity to post videos of them running away, as was done recently in the "Wow" thread. They detract from gameplay, IMHO, and serve no purpose. I do understand what you're saying GMan, and I will be in the first group to say that anyone who pays should be allowed to play they way they want. That doesn't mean that I believe that they improve overall gameplay. Freemium will definitely detract from the game, as there would end up being more and more people buying their "ability" and then chest thumping that they are AH "gods".
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 02:59:16 PM »
I started playing around late 2009. I have more hours in aces high than I'm happy to admit.

Also having downloaded and made my own soundpacks I can say with certainty that it still lacks very far behind most games. I mean we still don't have proper idle engine sounds (someone said this is too hard to implement, mean while arma 2 implements it very well) also lets not forget plane engine positions being incorrect in a 3D space (p39 engine sounds like its from the front, not rear). Also its impossible to get a Hi Fi sound system by only having "engine" sounds. Currently sound pack makers must mix super charger, turbo charger, prop noise, all into the engine sound.

Also, I've seen better conduct on the call of duty forums, its honestly saddening. Look already there is rule #4's being thrown around in this thread. Any sort of argument always turns into personal attacks here, and believe it or not that drives a lot of people away.

This system might cost you more than 50 cents a day. Some people play for 6-7 hours straight, with over 120 hours a month. I'd assume they are getting their money's worth.

Now I do think the 2 weeks free trial should be 2 months or at least 2 months free TA after 2 weeks free in the MA. Then more players would understand the game and more than likely subscirbe.

You realize that COD and Battlefield cost $60 just to buy,  not including the rest of the new version landscapes you need to buy. That right there is 5 months of AH up front. If you get the other package maps that's another 40. So 1 payment for battlefield cost half a years worth of AH.

Now I know nothing about sounds, other than you can find people who made them and find what you like. But other than that I really don't know what to tell you.

Every time I log in at 5pm I normally find decent size fights. All it takes is 5 enemy planes and you got yourself a fight. Most people think there has to be 90 planes in the sky for a fight and that is just the noob mentality. Plus fighting against 90 planes is very difficult so be careful what you wish for, even though that would be sweet.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:21 PM »

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 04:06:03 PM »
It doesn't have to be a personal attack to be a rule 4.

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2015, 06:37:56 PM »
I am confused. (not the first time) If I pay more money, I could gain an advantage? 50 cents for a tank? one dollar for more armor in the AC. How about 5 bucks for a pair? Just pay 14.95 and play, that is what we are all doing. Playing.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2015, 08:45:58 PM »
See rule #4
sad that the players opinion on the game and how it has been conducted over the last couple years just gets edited out for know one to see. If you are trying to capture a generation such as mine 90's generation and early 2000's you are not doing that. Apparently the paying customer doesn't know what is good for the game anymore.  :rolleyes:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
Apparently the paying customer doesn't know what is good for the game anymore.  :rolleyes:

In most cases they don't.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song