Author Topic: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules  (Read 9455 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 06:48:09 PM »
Condensed version: You are speculating Hitech has driven away his own customers by going with the 12 hour rule.
No, I'm asking for a shorter time period to switch sides.

it would be wrong of me to speculate without more info,, your speculating.

All a did was ask for a change.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »
No, I'm asking for a shorter time period to switch sides.

it would be wrong of me to speculate without more info,, your speculating.

All a did was ask for a change.

In that case,

Dear Hitech please change the side switching time to 1 hour.

Thank you.
------------

But, then, phooy, it's just so lacking in emotional content and any possibility of gaining a following of the like minded to show Hitech you have brothers in solidarity. You are asking for a change based on your feelings.

Over the years I've noticed change for the sake of change is not Hitech's style. Now based on serious data or a superior intellectual argument, he seems attracted to that. Something on the level of an "A Game" presentation.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 07:36:42 PM »
In that case,

Dear Hitech please change the side switching time to 1 hour.

Thank you.
------------

But, then, phooy, it's just so lacking in emotional content and any possibility of gaining a following of the like minded to show Hitech you have brothers in solidarity. You are asking for a change based on your feelings.

Over the years I've noticed change for the sake of change is not Hitech's style. Now based on serious data or a superior intellectual argument, he seems attracted to that. Something on the level of an "A Game" presentation.

I'm not even sure it's 12 hours, but with the low numbers I've seen in the last few days, I've been moving around, playing low number sides,, my squad mates are also thinking of doing the same, the problem is ,, some of us end up on one side, the numbers change,, other members end up some where else.
With the lower numbers of players and the high ENY numbers seen lately (19 ENY this morning in Knights) I think it's time to go back to the 1 hour rule!

Now what in that says anything other than
: problem , as I see it,
:suggested wish to correct it. Other than I didn't say mother may I ?

Now do I need to go into detail about how the conversation went that led up to me posting in the " wish list" forum as well?
Why not,
 Me:          hey I'm switching to Knights because they only have eleven players just now.
 Squadmate: Ok cool, I'll check it out when I log on in a few hours.
A few hours pass, the numbers are now Rooks 12 players everyone else, 30 plus
Squadmate : I'm staying over here now since we are really low in players
Me :     Well I'm stuck over here so I guess I'll see ya tomorrow!
 Now you have plenty of info so speculate away!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 09:22:23 PM »
You got stuck with your choice and didn't like the outcome. Now you want Hitech to change the process because of your feelings.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 09:25:01 PM »
You got stuck with your choice and didn't like the outcome. Now you want Hitech to change the process because of your feelings.
you got me! My feelings got hurt   Congratulations!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:33:05 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »
Condensed version: You are speculating Hitech has driven away his own customers by going with the 12 hour rule.

Few years back a number of players did leave over the side switch time; a couple even went persona non grata over the situation by attempting to bully Hitech over the decision. Here's my situation: I come on early in the afternoon; hop countries to find a furball for an hour then log off; with 12 hour switch that means I'm stuck on that country even if there are no fights; and I can't switch anymore for that day. If it was a 6 hour switch, It would perk me to fly at night as well with friends; otherwise I'm stuck on one country.

Frankly the argument for time switch is so old; Hitech might have younger bottles of Scotch in his office.

JG 52

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 11:39:38 AM »

Quote from: Butcher link=topic=373527.msg4977990#msg4977990 date=1437494773

Hitech might have younger bottles of Scotch in his office.
[/quote

Well its not like the guy hasn't dropped more than a few hints!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
I think that 4 hours or 6 hours would bring a different element.

I agree 1 hour is way too short.  somewhere in the vicinity of 4 to 6 makes better sense.

I just think it is funny that at times, a particular side is about to win the war and you notice that side's numbers going up.  People still haven't learned you don't get the point sunless you have been on that side for what is it, 12 to 24 hours?  May be a perception but I have seen it before.

+1 for the 4 to 6 hours
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2015, 01:06:42 PM »
I just think it is funny that at times, a particular side is about to win the war and you notice that side's numbers going up.

Or is it about to win the war because numbers went up?
Or are players in the other countries logging off in disgust ("man, we suck!") while the players on the chesspiece about to win are staying online in expectation of 75 perks (which icnreases the numbers as well)?

:)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2015, 01:17:16 PM »
Or is it about to win the war because numbers went up?
Or are players in the other countries logging off in disgust ("man, we suck!") while the players on the chesspiece about to win are staying online in expectation of 75 perks (which icnreases the numbers as well)?

:)

Maybe a combination of both.  I have noticed when we are close to winning, I can only up the 20 plus eny planes...

I believe you are right though.
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline fattyrv

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
I switched countries today to test the time. It said 360 minutes (6 hours).
Fatty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 04:36:04 AM »
I switched countries today to test the time. It said 360 minutes (6 hours).

Indeed it is, as you can see in the arena settings (you can always look that up online, you don't have to 'test' things like that).

However, it's a manual change which had not been announced, so it's probably more like a test ballon by HTC?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 04:43:04 AM »
I want the time limit to be changet to 11,5 hours. its so annoying to trying to switch countries and it says "u have 30 mins left"  :old:
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »
It was always my belief that a compromise of 4-6 hours would be ideal... giving a measure of stability to the sides but also allowing folks to wing up with squaddies/go fight on a different front.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »
Indeed it is, as you can see in the arena settings (you can always look that up online, you don't have to 'test' things like that).

However, it's a manual change which had not been announced, so it's probably more like a test ballon by HTC?

More like it has been that way for about 10 days, I was wondering how long before people would notice. Since it is such a HUGE problem that almost EVERY person in the game has left over :rolleyes: you would think people would have noticed sooner.

HiTech