Author Topic: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules  (Read 10365 times)

Offline ASBATT

• Zinc Member
      • http://dsl.sbc.yahoo.com
Re: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2015, 12:03:07 PM »
12 hrs is just fine with me. it puts a stop to players jumping sides just to locate enemy targets. IMHO players should fly on the team their CO is on . would be nice if you could move your entire squad to whatever team your CO goes to.   
EXIT

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »
And that's changed with the 12/6 hour rule how?  People still switch to the winning side when they're getting close.

Wiley.

I am not positive but I believe you still have to have been on that side for 12 hours to get points for the win.  Otherwise you get nothing (and you have to like it!).

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2015, 09:24:23 PM »
Hmm, I felt as though something was drawing me back to this forum!

The 12 hour "debate" as it were was a sham. This rule and how those who disliked and wanted to change it were treated is a significant reason for my cancellation.
 Ironically during the heat of this 12 hour debate when I was warned I asked hitech if it were ok to have 3 accounts, there bye implying IF I had 3 accounts I could switch from one to the other at will, there bye basically defying and negating the 12 hour rule. His reply was " there is no rule against multiple accounts, so they were fine"

With this I concluded the 12 hour rule was only important until I payed more!  Funny little world!

So I left!

Oh BTW,  hello all you poo heads!!!!

I hope you're all doing great!  :cheers:

JUGgler
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:40:52 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »

The 12 hour "debate" as it were was a sham. This rule and how those who disliked and wanted to change it were treated is a significant reason for my cancellation.
 Ironically during the heat of this 12 hour debate when I was warned I asked hitech if it were ok to have 3 accounts, there bye implying IF I had 3 accounts I could switch from one to the other at will, there bye basically defying and negating the 12 hour rule. His reply was " there is no rule against multiple accounts, so they were fine"

With this I concluded the 12 hour rule was only important until I payed more!  Funny little world!

So I left!

JUGgler

You do know it is down to 6 hours now right?

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2015, 01:06:45 PM »
You do know it is down to 6 hours now right?

Nope!  Had no idea...

Only 6 to go  :rock

:aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »

So I left!

JUGgler

If your going to quote private correspondence at least do it accurately.

My Warning.

Must I really send you a waring as you try to skirt the edges with your posting behavior?

Knock it off.

Your responce.

Well if the sensitivity of this thread has reached the point where you feel the need to be trigger happy with the warnings, then maybe locking the thread was more appropriate. Is it possible you are leaving it up to bait those into a consequence? My reply was mild and insulted no one. I jabbed with the 12 X 12 comment but does it honestly require a warning ?
You should lock that stinking bait thread.

You should lock the thread. There is no reason to keep it going unless you are trolling to hand out beatings.

Your product has always been joyful, with a very competitive feel. It is a product that fosters a certain "competitive attitude". The jabs come from this competitive spirit, and so as they are not insulting or offensive should be allowed.

It is not for me to demand anything about your company, but it is reasonable to have an opinion and to voice it.

I understand your decision about the switch time, "I do not agree" as I am 1 example who sees it as a barrier to playing your game. Honestly it is not terrible, but with limited time for such frivolity Id rather not be restricted. So in consequence I no longer pay to play.

You have not answered my question about multiple accounts. I actually may be interested in paying for 3 to have the freedom.

What say you?

Respectfully

Stu

aka JUGgler

My Responce.
Yes because the entire point of the thread was about some people constantly interjecting their view of the 12 hour issue. If it was only the one case in isolation, it would not be an issue, but when people know it's an issue and continue to push, then yes a warning is warranted.  Also considering it is a thread about exactly that type of disruptive behavior, it comes off as purposely disobeying the rules.

As far as bait goes, bait would be considered trolling, i.e. purposely trying to elicit a response, that thread contains nothing that could be considered bating. 

I'm not sure what your 3 account question was, but if it is simply may you create three accounts, yes you can.

HiTech

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2015, 07:14:03 PM »
If your going to quote private correspondence at least do it accurately.

My Warning.

Your responce.

My Responce.

I'm happy to see that my memory of this after over a year was not to far off. The exact wording was not in my translation but the substance certainly was.
 I thank you for posting the correspondence that supports my position. 

:salute

Respectfully

Stu
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:16:59 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2015, 12:02:54 AM »
Hi JUG!

So, I guess we'll be seeing each other in the officer's club?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2015, 09:38:22 AM »
The exact wording was not in my translation but the substance certainly was.
Stu

Actually it is not very close.

Implies that your question about multiple accounts was tied to a discussion of the 12 hour rule. Your multiple account question also came during the "shades" whining. And also your quote of me trys to imply that im ok with multiple accounts to get around the 12 hour rule because it makes me more money.

In reality I never associated the 12 hour discussion and the question of side changing with each other hence why I replied.

I'm not sure what your 3 account question was, but if it is simply may you create three accounts, yes you can.

I rephrased and stated it very generically and in isolation to your first statement. Hence why "I'm said not sure," and used the words like "if it is simply may you create three accounts".

There are many reasons people may wish to create multiple accounts, and they have nothing to do with the side changing rules.

HiTech

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2015, 04:34:05 PM »
Actually it is not very close.

Implies that your question about multiple accounts was tied to a discussion of the 12 hour rule. Your multiple account question also came during the "shades" whining. And also your quote of me trys to imply that im ok with multiple accounts to get around the 12 hour rule because it makes me more money.

In reality I never associated the 12 hour discussion and the question of side changing with each other hence why I replied.

I rephrased and stated it very generically and in isolation to your first statement. Hence why "I'm said not sure," and used the words like "if it is simply may you create three accounts".

There are many reasons people may wish to create multiple accounts, and they have nothing to do with the side changing rules.

HiTech

Honestly?

Seems a very "politicianesc" way to reply to a question without actually answering it!

Well if the sensitivity of this thread has reached the point where you feel the need to be trigger happy with the warnings, then maybe locking the thread was more appropriate. Is it possible you are leaving it up to bait those into a consequence? My reply was mild and insulted no one. I jabbed with the 12 X 12 comment but does it honestly require a warning ?
You should lock that stinking bait thread.

You should lock the thread. There is no reason to keep it going unless you are trolling to hand out beatings.

Your product has always been joyful, with a very competitive feel. It is a product that fosters a certain "competitive attitude". The jabs come from this competitive spirit, and so as they are not insulting or offensive should be allowed.

It is not for me to demand anything about your company, but it is reasonable to have an opinion and to voice it.

I understand your decision about the switch time, "I do not agree" as I am 1 example who sees it as a barrier to playing your game. Honestly it is not terrible, but with limited time for such frivolity Id rather not be restricted. So in consequence I no longer pay to play.

You have not answered my question about multiple accounts. I actually may be interested in paying for 3 to have the freedom.

What say you?

Respectfully

Stu

aka JUGgler

I cannot believe there to be a single person who would not know my intention with this statement in light of the spirit of this correspondence.

But since the circle must be run, I'll play!

I will be as direct as possible and leave nothing for interpretation.

If I were to pay for 3 separate accounts for the explicit purpose of circumventing the 12 hour (6 hour) rule so I could switch countries whenever I would like to maximize my enjoyment of your fine product within the very limited amount of time I have for such things, would there be a consequence for it? If so, what would the consequence be?

Respectfully

Stu
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:37:31 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »
Hi JUG!

So, I guess we'll be seeing each other in the officer's club?

Hello Change!! been quite a while.

I hope all is well with you and your family!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
JUGler, sir, I personally see what you were doing as disrespectful and I see what you are doing now as disrespectful.  In my opinion you are still pushing and although I don't absolutely know why, again, in my opinion there seems to be no reason for it sir.  What was done is the past, the rule has been changed to 6 hours.

it pains me to see anyone disrespectful when you are a guest in a persons house.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »
Hello Change!! been quite a while.

I hope all is well with you and your family!

JUGgler

JUG,

Everyone is very well thank you for asking.  I hope and yours are doing well...they grow up too quickly.

Now, lets get you back in the game shall we?  My proposition is on it way, PM style.  It will be good to see you in the DA although others won't like it much.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2015, 11:39:45 AM »
I read the reply that Hitech made a little over a year ago that Fugitive linked before (relink for those who don't remember) > http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361462.msg4811379.html#msg4811379

And after re-reading it got an idea.

Maybe there would be an internal account timer showing how long you have been on a side. If you have been on a side for X time then you can switch to another side with less 'penalty' than before. So instead of 12 hours maybe reduced to 9 or lower. Not going lower than 3 hours. When you switch the timer goes down based on the amount of time you spent on that side. Once you have switched and the 'reduced timer pass' has been used. It then resets. So after another X time, the timer is then reduced by an amount. 

Those who are dedicated to a side don't need to worry about a 12 hour rule. Those who switch a few times a day, may get some benefit from this, depending on how it would be implemented. (Maybe spend 3 hours on a side and it reduces the 12 hour timer by 30 minutes, until the timer hits 10 hours, then it goes into intervals of X hours or X days etc).

I think you guys got the idea. I'm a bit tired when I type this so if I over-explained I blame it on lack of energy.  :lol
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
tinkles, why would you want the side switch time to increase to 12 from 6 then reduce it to 9?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.