Author Topic: My "This game has become junk" rant.  (Read 18427 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: My "This game has become junk" rant.
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2015, 09:19:55 AM »
i just came from the MA after a good talk with waystin. hes such a nice person. and has simple words that hold water in a big way.

i go full on, all the way, everytime, in everything i do. i get too emotionally involved and take it personal. i somehow went braindead and brought that to the game. so, later when i do half make sense, i have already burned my bridges with some and they let me have it whether im right or wrong. thats how this thread has went off the rails a bit. semp doesnt like me because ive given him a hard time and ive given waystin a hard time. im sorry for that.

it doesnt help the game for me to rip people. when i first started i got PM'd by 3 people bc i hoed them. i had been playing 3 days and was ready to quit. i didnt know the difference between a ho and an oh. luckily though, Zensen seen that i was having a hard time and he picked me up because he wanted me to have fun. ive been Duxford ever since. we need more people like Zensen and Waystin, and less like me.
im sorry  to AH.
im sorry to the Pigs On The Wings for this thread.
As I said water under the bridge. 

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2015, 09:29:09 AM »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:58 AM »
This one time at band camp. There was a pig in our camp, and I went over and got my rifle, and I shot it and killed it and it died!  :D

In all seriousness... The pigs are both one of the most fun squads to fly with and agaisnt in the game. It is squads like them that keep our game unique. I've had many battles with and agaisnt them and its been fun all the time. We've had a big rivalry and a few squad scrimmages here and there and it always brings excitement and competition.

I think we all get aggravated with AH at times. For the amount of time it takes to get to a base and find a bad guy to shoot, only to get killed instantly by some puff ack or a higher picker, just really grinds people's gears. I've pissed off many people at times with my obscurities while the competition gives me a challenge and that's why Im still around. I love participating in KoTH and it really helps me to be a better sport after getting shot down knowing I'm flying against other great sticks. I run a very highly level of competition and even in tennis I get pissed the F off when I don't play well. It's a game and I love the challenge, there are always ways to get better and learn to play better so you don't lose as much, and if you keep working at it, you will find more fun and less to complain about.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:43:29 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2015, 09:59:47 AM »
This thread needed a laugh  :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2015, 10:02:55 AM »

Don't know about where you come from, but if your "friends" are acting like @zzes we certainly don't back them up. It's not the kind of friends I want to hang out with.

You abandon friends for acting assish periodically?  Wow.  Short list of friends you must have. 

However, POTW don't act like that as a matter of gameplay.  Waystin and Syko wouldn't allow it. I know...they booted the only guy that ever acted like that.

Me.

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2015, 10:41:24 AM »
You abandon friends for acting assish periodically?  Wow.  Short list of friends you must have. 

I was going to say...

Worse, all of my friends would've abandoned me.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2015, 12:22:55 PM »
Ask waystin how he is playing the game today... I built him a rig out of spare parts when he needed one and sent it to him.. I would also say ask Bentnail where he got his new flight stick from... But. Alas we cant.... I needed a new soundcard and Semp sent me one free of charge.... Mello had a video card fry on him and i sent him two in lieu of a joystick he didnt like...

There are more things we have done for each other AND others on the game... But of course you wouldnt know that as you havent ever flown with us.... Just so you know we do not hold personal grudges or dislike anyone on a personal level but attack one of us and you will see the swarm of swine like you have never seen before.

BBtw why dont ya come over to knights and fly one night with us to see what we do.. You might be suprised to see how disorganized we really are.

End of rant

LawnDart

Lawn
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »

Seems to me if your squad is so big it could have an influence on game play as well as general player attitudes. Are you guys going to be good for the game or not? Just asking.

I've seen various members of PoW post on the forums and in game challenging other squadrons and players to oppose them by posting what they are going to attack to drum up a fight. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »
Skyrr and his ilk "hunted" other players down and most thought that was bad for the game. Calling in a bunch of squadies to chase down a lone 262 just to aggravate the player sounds a lot like "hunting" someone down. What make their game play acceptable and Skyrr's wasn't?

There is a very big difference...Skyyr went above and beyond and broke TOS in order to hunt another player that he was upset at and tried to grief the other player out of AH.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2015, 12:33:21 PM »
 I agree that some squads "play" different. Things that we see now because of the lower numbers maybe were not as apparent when we had larger numbers. That being said I never have really had any problems with players from any squad in the game and I have been here pretty much since 09. There are folks I would love to see lose there typing abilities sometimes but then again I am one to joust a bit on 200 myself but really no squads that I see are any worse than any other. Duxford has been here since before i started and we play very different than other squads but that does not make us any better or worse than any other squad. The fact that we even sit here and slam each other or point fingers about how we play is about as useful as a fart in a tornado if you ask me. We are all guilty at one time or another of being dickish whether we will admit to it or not so I think we should all step back take a breath and relax. Everyone has an opinion and we always will so I think we should just play the game, do what we like and accept that it is a mirror of real life in the sense that not everyone will do what we like......

:salute Gentlemen!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2015, 01:50:50 PM »
There is a very big difference...Skyyr went above and beyond and broke TOS in order to hunt another player that he was upset at and tried to grief the other player out of AH.
Thank you ACK I was trying to figure out how to respond to this troll.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:58:09 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
When the pigs are together, greifing some specific player is more work than any one of us is willing to expend. If he is operating in our area sure, he gets shot down a lot because there are a lot of us. Otherwise we are having the equivalent of a VOX party in Animal House. Most of us don't care about score, dying or how many red guys are in front of us. And Waystin is usually in red guy ADHD Piggy mode dragging us to our doom. Or we are having really weird conversations.

Lets see Waystin talks about the Lil Debbies he just snuck from the kitchen or the cookies he's eating or the pie his wife just made for him or his bulldog is snoring and farting.

SYKO is talking about the bands he plays in or some gig or old music or helping us be weird about women, sex, booze acting like pigs etc.

Last night I came up with the idea that my next lager wart I wondered if throwing panties into it would improve the flavor. Or at least getting a dozen beautiful women to swish their hand in the vat for a moment. Hey the best part we don't have a name for that batch yet. Then there are my home made Kimchee adventures and Shelbywu and I love to talk cooking in the middle of a furball. Cinnamon salt on turkey skin or steak.

Everyone else is talking about sex, booze, rock-n-roll or making really bad X-rated jokes. You really have to be careful about how your entendres come out over VOX. Our squad VOX would make Belushi smile.

Like we really target anything but the most fun 12-20 of us can have for one evening in the MA each week...... :headscratch:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »
and for those who missed it.  yesterday i annouced during squad night that I am having a new bedroom set, king size.  so all are welcome to come over for a sleeping party as it is being delivered right now.  byob.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2015, 04:58:09 PM »
because we make a bigger target to throw baseless complaints at, but I think you already figured that out. :aok

Granted you guys are the "flavor of the month", but that doesn't mean that all the accusations are false.

However, POTW don't act like that as a matter of gameplay.  Waystin and Syko wouldn't allow it. I know...they booted the only guy that ever acted like that.

Me.

It may be a short list, but they are all true friends.

Ask waystin how he is playing the game today... I built him a rig out of spare parts when he needed one and sent it to him.. I would also say ask Bentnail where he got his new flight stick from... But. Alas we cant.... I needed a new soundcard and Semp sent me one free of charge.... Mello had a video card fry on him and i sent him two in lieu of a joystick he didnt like...

There are more things we have done for each other AND others on the game... But of course you wouldnt know that as you havent ever flown with us.... Just so you know we do not hold personal grudges or dislike anyone on a personal level but attack one of us and you will see the swarm of swine like you have never seen before.

BBtw why dont ya come over to knights and fly one night with us to see what we do.. You might be suprised to see how disorganized we really are.

End of rant

LawnDart

Lawn

I've done the same myself, and not all of them were squadmates. We even had a "benefactor" who was VERY well off and use to use info I supplied him to upgrade all kinds of rigs.

I've seen various members of PoW post on the forums and in game challenging other squadrons and players to oppose them by posting what they are going to attack to drum up a fight. 

Yes and we use to do the same when flying with the 80th. More often than not people would avoid us. Again with the "avoiding combat in a combat game"

Agreed, but where do you draw the line? Here we are talking about a player who feels put on and he said he was going to end his subscription at the end of the month. Did the 4-6 guys chasing him break any rules? No, did he have reason to feel put upon? Sure! I can understand someone crying for help running home, and I can understand a bunch of squadies upping to help him get home, but chasing the guy for 4 sectors after the runner is "safe"?

I know, "Man up!", "Grow a set!", "get a tougher hide!", but is that the message you/we should be sending to new players? even old players? We cant afford to see more players leave.

It may not seem like much too those of us who have been here forever, but that kind of bullying isn't good for the game.