Author Topic: Oculus Rift use...  (Read 21566 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Oculus Rift use...
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2016, 11:25:34 PM »
I'm having issues with the mouse on the clipboard. Sometimes the mouse seems to be behind parts of the clipboard. The pointer disappears over the area where the map is. I can select the options at the bottom (e.g. tower, options, o club etc), anything in the area where the map is is problematic, and anything that opens to the left is as well.

The other issue I notice is for headtracking it is 1:1, so checking 6 is giving me whiplash.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2016, 07:43:57 AM »
HiTech

I did some research on ipd with the dk2 and the 1.3 and higher runtime. Every thread said that there was no way to adjust the ipd in the dk2 so maybe the question to ask is how is that the dk2 are working with what I assume is good ipd (no one has complained)?

Terry

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2016, 07:48:48 AM »
HiTech

I did some research on ipd with the dk2 and the 1.3 and higher runtime. Every thread said that there was no way to adjust the ipd in the dk2 so maybe the question to ask is how is that the dk2 are working with what I assume is good ipd (no one has complained)?

Terry

You have seen every comment on the vr DK2 with AH that I have.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2016, 10:54:36 AM »
Good news, I'm getting the same double vision on my Vive at home.

Does your double vision go away if you put the clip board away?

HiTech
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:57:00 AM by hitech »

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2016, 12:17:24 PM »
Good news, I'm getting the same double vision on my Vive at home.

Does your double vision go away if you put the clip board away?

HiTech

With the Vive

Yes. In the tower I do not have double vision until I move the cursor off the board then the cursor is doubled. If I then put the board away the cursor becomes normal.

In the plane I do not have double except for the gunsight and on the wing as explained below. The clipboard being up or down does not change anything.

When I turn my head to the left or right, as I increase the angle the wing splits into two images and the higher the angle the more the images separate. I didn't notice that before on the right wing because my neck doesn't work as well in that direction. If I look at the wings with just my eye movement with a small turn of my head, it appears to be normal.

As to Vulcan's request to scale the tracking, if you do that please make it user selectable. I kinda like 1to 1 as that's what is realistic. I just do what real pilots do, I sit-up and turn my body.

Terry

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2016, 02:28:38 PM »
+I just do what real pilots do, I sit-up and turn my body.

Terry

We also turn our eyes (which probably gives you an extra 20-30 degrees), which you cannot do with the Vive/Oculus.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »
We also turn our eyes (which probably gives you an extra 20-30 degrees), which you cannot do with the Vive/Oculus.

True!

Terry

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2016, 06:14:51 PM »
Trying Rift CV1 for first time in AH3. Can't seem to get it to appear in headset. Running AH3 (beta23) will open Oculus home, but program appears as normal on my flat displays.
What I'm I missing? (besides gray matter between visor and headphones).
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2016, 07:30:11 PM »
Are you starting the dx11 version? It's a separate executable. The beta shortcut starts the dx9 version.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2016, 08:36:30 PM »
Also make sure you do the headset centering thing in the Oculus main app under settings. I found until I did that AH3 would not render to my Dk2.

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2016, 03:22:55 AM »
Wait, what? To the guys using the Vive - are you using the revive injector? I am still hesitant about that since I do not want to install Oculus Home on my system. But if that is what it takes I will try.

Real men fly Radial!

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2016, 08:38:57 AM »
Wait, what? To the guys using the Vive - are you using the revive injector? I am still hesitant about that since I do not want to install Oculus Home on my system. But if that is what it takes I will try.

I am not using it.

Terry

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2016, 10:55:45 AM »
Been working on the vive controllers to be mappable in the  Joystick mapping system.

I think I like flying with the Vive controller better then a JS, is extremely smooth control.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2016, 12:50:00 PM »
Been working on the vive controllers to be mappable in the  Joystick mapping system.

I think I like flying with the Vive controller better then a JS, is extremely smooth control.

HiTech

Sounds like you need a bigger stick.   :D   

I'm guessing the vive controller let's you move your hand more for the same input.
Have you tried fighting with it?

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2016, 02:49:26 PM »
HiTech

Any progress on the double vision issue with the cv1 rift? I agree Vive wins with their controllers.

Terry