Author Topic: Oculus Rift use...  (Read 21845 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Oculus Rift use...
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2016, 11:13:03 PM »
You've been waiting for... not me...

I'm guessing you did some waiting too.   :cheers:

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2016, 08:00:39 PM »
I'm guessing you did some waiting too.   :cheers:

Currently waiting on Magic Leap. I think it's the next step beyond the Rift/Vive platforms.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2016, 11:33:10 AM »
Currently waiting on Magic Leap. I think it's the next step beyond the Rift/Vive platforms.

Curious how would you see it working in a flight sim?

Terry

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2016, 05:49:33 PM »
Curious how would you see it working in a flight sim?

Terry

No different to the current VR headsets just with a blackout visor add-on.

Offline Sarrick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2016, 10:28:45 AM »
I'm having an issue getting it to work with my dk2. The game starts in the oculus mode and my rift turns on, but the display stays dark.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »
I'm having an issue getting it to work with my dk2. The game starts in the oculus mode and my rift turns on, but the display stays dark.

I assume you are running the latest 1.4 oculus drivers?

HiTech

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2016, 03:37:21 AM »
HiTech - did you have some time to familiarize yourself with the Vive? Any chance for Vive support in the intermediate future?
Real men fly Radial!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2016, 08:50:30 AM »
HiTech - did you have some time to familiarize yourself with the Vive? Any chance for Vive support in the intermediate future?

I started writing the Vive Monday at home. Yesterday spent half the day trying to install the Vive on my work system. Never did get it to go, but last night I got it to finally run (not in AH simply the calibration stuff) on my home system.

HiTech

Offline Sarrick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »
Yes, I am running the latest 1.4.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2016, 09:34:30 AM »
I started writing the Vive Monday at home. Yesterday spent half the day trying to install the Vive on my work system. Never did get it to go, but last night I got it to finally run (not in AH simply the calibration stuff) on my home system.

HiTech

HiTech

Please consider providing for a checkbox to auto detect the Vive and the Rift say in the video settings window. If neither box is checked, AH starts in normal mode. If either box is checked, AH detects and starts with that HMD active.

Thank you for your consideration.

Terry

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2016, 10:16:15 AM »
HiTech

Please consider providing for a checkbox to auto detect the Vive and the Rift say in the video settings window. If neither box is checked, AH starts in normal mode. If either box is checked, AH detects and starts with that HMD active.

Thank you for your consideration.

Terry
Ill do something to be able to disable a tracker. Not sure exactly how I wish to do it yet.

HiTech

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2016, 03:05:54 PM »
Yes, I am running the latest 1.4.

I noticed issues with any old drivers being around or improperly uninstalled (specifically seems to be the 0.6 set).

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:36 AM »
I noticed issues with any old drivers being around or improperly uninstalled (specifically seems to be the 0.6 set).

+1

So far no issues with my DK2 set. Though the crappy resolution is better than DK1 - I'm enjoying it immensely. A little stuttering from time to time, but that is to be expected. Otherwise, I do like the ability to move things around (comms channel, map) though trying to type into the text buffer is a FPITA - I have to kinda look up and under the edge rim of the Rift.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline brucec

• Zinc Member
      • 249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
So far no issues with my DK2 set. Though the crappy resolution is better than DK1 - I'm enjoying it immensely. A little stuttering from time to time, but that is to be expected. Otherwise, I do like the ability to move things around (comms channel, map) though trying to type into the text buffer is a FPITA - I have to kinda look up and under the edge rim of the Rift.

No double vision issues with the DK2?  Could this be a resolution issue? (the DK2 being different res and maybe aspect ratio than the CV?)
brucec
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2016, 11:24:33 AM »
No double vision issues with the DK2?  Could this be a resolution issue? (the DK2 being different res and maybe aspect ratio than the CV?)

You and I are the only ones to comment re the cv1? Do you notice any difference in the double vision if you move the ipd button slider from extreme to extreme?

Terry