Author Topic: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"  (Read 15888 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2016, 12:04:21 AM »
I got a Rock  :noid
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2016, 01:36:12 AM »
I have a pair of brown shoes
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2016, 02:32:51 AM »
running sups is way more effective then up tanks or planes, thats why you gotta do your homework before you ever start trying to take a base, you have a few options
1. pork the AAA and city down to 20% or under, that way when you drop a town and deack it is down for hours that means 20 M3s or more thats alot if you choose not to pork first then you are gonna be very unhappy because unless you got an overwhelming fight killing force you aint taking a base,
option 2. pork the troops factory and up and pork the troops and supplies several bases deep this is not the best option.
Strats are in the game for a reason and if you do the homework it makes taking bases much easier , most people dont wanna go hit strats and if thats the case then attacking is pointless. the game is very boring the fights are not what they used to be and i dont log on unless there is squaddies on for entertainment, sure miss the good furballing days alot but these days world of tanks and world of warcraft is where most of my game time goes
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 02:34:50 AM by Biggamer »
G3-MF

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »
    Vee, you're the guy that complains about fighting all the time, BBS, game there is bile everywhere. The sad thing is, everytime I see you you are the guy 10k over a 5k furball, dive in for one kill and climb out again for 15miles and repeat the process. I have to smile, I had to chase you last night for 10 miles just to get you to consider putting up a fight. You want to pick with every advantage, so please stop pretending you are about a fight because you are not and have never been. I don't fly for kills, I fly for gameplay. You need to be taught a few lessons about a fight in the Duelling arena, by the people you're poking in your posts.

hypocrisy and complete lies, every thing you wrote here. wow you dont expect a person to just make things up like this.  i never ran, you dont run from corsairs in a niki, i extended for 30 secs or less from you and your ganger/vulcher buddies at my base. you were the 4th guy to make angles on me, they didnt have good angles though, but you did, and you were willing to take advantage of the angles those guys made for you.  i was the only green there and extended just long enough to get a 1v1. i got you fair and square and immediately youre on 200 ripping me. 2 mins later i lift from that field, and guess which cool guy wannabe is there to vulch me at least twice? proving that you dont want a fight, you want kills. you could care less about gameplay. and people in this thread wonder why people resup first. after i got you, i look at town and its untouched, but the base is fully deacked. yet you claim to be about gameplay. pffft    this is a good example of why we need m3 resups.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2016, 08:11:59 AM »
My opinion on the subject:
- Saving a base by resupping it works if strats are at 100% so strat runs is a vital part of base taking.
- M3:s are faster than tanks so its better to run in a M3 than roll a tank and see the enemy take the base when you are halfway from the spawn, a tank is also an easy target for jabo:s and the risk is that you die as soon as you approach the town.
- Flying in a fighter from a nearby field is also time consuming and it can be hard to protect the base from capture, especially if the enemy has a Gv-spawn and running troops w M3:s.
- People are generally not upping when the odds are overwhelming, if you complain about people not upping from a vulched field then you dont want a fight but just easy kills. (and in the event of a base take, primary objective is to take the base, not to have fair fights)
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2016, 08:17:17 AM »
I'm still wondering why you'd bomb the radar, if you want to encourage fights....

- oldman

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »
...you would rather pick a slow moving aircraft just upping from the field you are attacking.  Makes you a great stick.

Actually that shows really bad SA if one ups from a field with numerous red cons over head.  In some cases though some find that really fun - kudos to them.

If one of our bases have significant red guys above it I simply up from the closest friendly base.  No big whoop.  No whining too cuz I got vulched (in a scenario that near guarantees getting vulched).
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2016, 10:21:29 AM »
I don't know about y'all, but I dislike immensely the reds taking one of my bases.  For that reason, I will up a fighter, an A20, a tank, get in an 88 or resup.  What ever it takes. 

To have base taken by a sneak attack, hurts more but you have to respect the players that took a long shot and played it for the base take during prime time.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2016, 11:04:35 AM »
Wrong.. upping from the vulched base and killing them all.. Much more fun.  :D
agree
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »

hypocrisy and complete lies, every thing you wrote here. wow you dont expect a person to just make things up like this.
This is exactly how Lazer and I are looking at your posts...only difference is Dolby Lazer and I would all beat you silly in the DA. Look at your own posts before trying to call out Dolby.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2016, 11:13:23 AM »
Resupply shouldn't be the first thing on anyone's mind when it comes to an attack or a defense....in real life or in here.

Guess I'm just going to join a lot of others who log in...find NO FIGHTS....and log out.

Oh and to the happy go lucky guy who is going to "you have to sometimes build fights" yep well tried that....they ran M3s and jumped in man guns.

SMH
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2016, 11:32:20 AM »
Biggamer,  sorry i dont have the time to go bomb a factory just to get a decent furball.  Many others dont either,  hence the cancellation of their account.

Im done posting here now,  I made my point.  Enjoy the game the way you play it.  Soon you will be driving m3s and manning guns offline because that is what will be available to you.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »
Most of us haven't got the luxury to sit and play all day anymore and I believe this to be the biggest downfall AH has to overcome.  It needs to deliver action quicker and more consistently.

^THIS!!!   Unfortunately, the player base in this community isn't getting any younger. AND I've alluded to this before, my generation and younger are so caught up in the instant-gratification age that to spend 20 minutes flying TO A TARGET, just isn't feasible anymore.  I don't like it, just observed it.

I'm conflicted as I enjoy the WWII combat flight simulator aspect, and REALLY enjoy flying cartoon planes against other PEOPLE; Yet as Bruvv119 states, my time is fleeting and valuable, I just can't invest the time into a game which the game design requires to "participate, and make an impact".
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2016, 11:48:43 AM »
I have played the game for almost a year. Yes, I'm a noob. But I like the game the way it is. I have had to learn many skills since starting all this that I never anticipated coming from a long line of flight simulators. GV's (I suck) carrier ops, base defense, bombers, and fighters. I AM getting better. Once in a great while I will land a three kill sortie or live through a bombing run with a couple of kills. I find that exhilarating!

HiTech... I say keep the game as it is and we'll see how AHIII goes.

I have noticed that most players stay away from the contentiousness on the BBS. I don't blame 'em. Mostly i see a lot of constructive stuff here, but the whining about gameplay styles just amuses me no end.

You will NEVER see me whine about getting killed or whine about the way the game is structured or call someone a cheater when I get creamed. And someone actually finally accused me of cheating the other day so I must be getting better!

I'm a chess-player so I'm used to getting schooled by better players.

Seems like the better sticks (score-wise anyway) do most of the whining around here.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2016, 11:49:53 AM »
This is exactly how Lazer and I are looking at your posts...only difference is Dolby Lazer and I would all beat you silly in the DA. Look at your own posts before trying to call out Dolby.
so, what hypocricy or lies am i guilty of?  thats cool that you think you can beat me easily cool guy. good for me.