Author Topic: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"  (Read 15875 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2016, 02:21:53 PM »
I think you have me confused with another player. Sounds like a rather unusual situation. I've seen the opposite proven for many years in this game and stand by it as a good answer to this thread complaint. Squads need enemies in this game more than friends or should I say 'frenemies.' If the JRs were as large as the Claim jumpers I'd suggest breaking them up amongst MA chess pieces and fighting each other all the time. As is, I'm all for having some 'dedicated enemies' flying on the other side that want as much fun .... the same type of fun .... as we do. Yes, it IS an answer. :)

The problem is, the majority looks for the most effective way to accomplish something.  The best ways to accomplish a lot of things in the game are not by fighting other players.

By far, the best way to win a map is to horde roll undefended bases.  If defense appears, you're way more efficient to move on to another undefended base and take it instead of fighting it out.

By far, the best way to hold a base is to resupply it rather than upping into the vulch or coming from another base.

Why does that not seem problematic to you guys?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2016, 02:23:44 PM »
I don't even know who that is.

ohh ok, my mistake amigo. ohhh wait, are you the guy who has to turn down all the supermodels? kicked cindy crawford to the curb?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:06 PM »
i know the game as well as anyone. sorry you feel the need to insult me.

You obviously do not know the game as well as you claim.  Because Lazer doesn't "hang at the end of the runway" (i.e. Vulching).    I have flown with him as a wingman since about 2003.   So there is no insult, if you feel that you were, it may be because you are claiming to know Lazer's flying habits.    There is not a single person in this thread that would correlate that with your statement. 

The point of this whole thread are those who are flippant, will cry whiner.   They force themselves to believe that the gameplay is fantastic.   Then the rest are the realists.   They see who has left over time and know why they left.  It is not because of fantastic gameplay.

Btw, HotDogMn is RPM on this BBS.   You're welcome.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2016, 02:33:18 PM »
You obviously do not know the game as well as you claim.  Because Lazer doesn't "hang at the end of the runway" (i.e. Vulching).    I have flown with him as a wingman since about 2003.   So there is no insult, if you feel that you were, it may be because you are claiming to know Lazer's flying habits.    There is not a single person in this thread that would correlate that with your statement. 

The point of this whole thread are those who are flippant, will cry whiner.   They force themselves to believe that the gameplay is fantastic.   Then the rest are the realists.   They see who has left over time and know why they left.  It is not because of fantastic gameplay.

Btw, HotDogMn is RPM on this BBS.   You're welcome.

i know where to find Lazer every single day without fail. go to the biggest knit dar, look for the one green guy with 4 on him, shoot the 38 and there youve found Lazer.   or, get on, look for biggest knit dar at rook base. get a plane and up it, watch for a 38. youve then found Lazer. its practically a guarantee that he is there right in the middle of the vulch. and that goes for most of the old players here. you guys have staled the game. you no more want a fight than the man on the moon. you want kills and nothing more. all the claims of "we want fights" is all just bullsh talk.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
You last post resonates on the attitudes of some who have clue on how to create a positive dynamic within the game.   They won't train, they won't listen to reason or will they ever unplug their ears and open their eyes.

Blaming dogfighting on a game called Aces High is laughable.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2016, 02:42:18 PM »
ohh ok, my mistake amigo. ohhh wait, are you the guy who has to turn down all the supermodels? kicked cindy crawford to the curb?

There must be something on my forum profile I don't see. Feel free to click the itty bitty link on my profile.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »
after reading ...welll....some of this thread I have one question...... are you coming back Karaya.....haven't seen you so active for some time

Bring back the old school    :D

Hmmmm....or are you back..... -? :noid
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:57:47 PM by SPKmes »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 02:50:51 PM »
Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't AH 3 have this accommodation?
AH2 already has a dueling arena... No body flies in there anymore.

Last night me and ToneyJoey were dueling and we were the only 2 in there for almost 2 hours.  5 Years ago there was 60+ people every night. 
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »
a respawn timer would fix all of this, 5 minutes between deaths or captures, 1 for ditches, none for landing safely.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2016, 02:53:29 PM »
a respawn timer would fix all of this, 5 minutes between deaths or captures, 1 for ditches, none for landing safely.
F THAT. Base defense would be way more difficult.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2016, 02:57:49 PM »

:rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2016, 02:57:53 PM »
You last post resonates on the attitudes of some who have clue on how to create a positive dynamic within the game.   They won't train, they won't listen to reason or will they ever unplug their ears and open their eyes.

Blaming dogfighting on a game called Aces High is laughable.
blaming dogfighting? who did that? wasnt me. because everything i described is exact opposite of dogfighting. theres a lot of dogging, but no fighting. yet these guys claim to want fights. im saying they do not want fights and never have. they want kills and thats it. nothing else.   as far as training, more people need to train and im always up for showing what i know. i train at least once a week or so. as far as knowing this game. i like that you doubt it.  thats good for me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2016, 03:00:17 PM »
AH2 already has a dueling arena... No body flies in there anymore.

Last night me and ToneyJoey were dueling and we were the only 2 in there for almost 2 hours.  5 Years ago there was 60+ people every night.

Well, that's a duel. Who decided it required an orgy? ;)

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2016, 03:01:35 PM »

notice the ditching/bailing is only one minute, but being in enemy territory and getting captured or dying in general, will net you a 5 minute wait.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2016, 03:14:30 PM »
notice the ditching/bailing is only one minute, but being in enemy territory and getting captured or dying in general, will net you a 5 minute wait.
i always thought a respawn timer was needed for the suicide defenders.