Author Topic: M3 Resupply is OP  (Read 3935 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: M3 Resupply is OP
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »
AGAIN, I did do this and they resupped them faster then I could keep them down.

and AGAIN  :P this is about impossible with current numbers. At the ones you posted earlier, It would require nothing less than about the WHOLE country to run supps, and even that it would take at least 2 runs per player. Which would devoid about any defense. If really all of them would frantically try to resupply a factory (and actually they would have to resupply the barracks after that as well), your friends could easily grab their bases in the meantime.

And again I refer to my first post post in this thread with some actual resupply data. Look at the manhours needed for factory resupply. No matter what you do, the manhours needed for factory resupply are always much higher than the manhours spent for hitting the factory. It would take 5 players about 50 minutes to undo the damage, spending more than 4 manhours at it. 10 players 30 minutes for a total of 5 manhours. All that to undo the damage of a single raider who invested 1 to 2 hours (at most).
(That's why my mantra was "don't resupp, kill the raider!")
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

and AGAIN  :P this is about impossible with current numbers. At the ones you posted earlier, It would require nothing less than about the WHOLE country to run supps, and even that it would take at least 2 runs per player. Which would devoid about any defense. If really all of them would frantically try to resupply a factory (and actually they would have to resupply the barracks after that as well), your friends could easily grab their bases in the meantime.

And again I refer to my first post post in this thread with some actual resupply data. Look at the manhours needed for factory resupply. No matter what you do, the manhours needed for factory resupply are always much higher than the manhours spent for hitting the factory. It would take 5 players about 50 minutes to undo the damage, spending more than 4 manhours at it. 10 players 30 minutes for a total of 5 manhours. All that to undo the damage of a single raider who invested 1 to 2 hours (at most).
(That's why my mantra was "don't resupp, kill the raider!")
To resupply a V base???
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »
To resupply a V base???

That's for the factory, which is a key to supressing supps & troops. After that it really gets much more difficult to resupp the vbase troops, which also can be greatly extended if the troop porker stays around to hunt m3s and kill the convoys

But even without that, if the factory had been hit, the resupp vs pork effort is also much in favor of the porker. And much fewer people are willing to resupp a field at 90minute downtimes, especially after getting undone all the resupping by another 10 minute pork sortie.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2016, 02:12:13 PM »
That's for the factory, which is a key to supressing supps & troops. After that it really gets much more difficult to resupp the vbase troops, which also can be greatly extended if the troop porker stays around to hunt m3s and kill the convoys

But even without that, if the factory had been hit, the resupp vs pork effort is also much in favor of the porker. And much fewer people are willing to resupp a field at 90minute downtimes, especially after getting undone all the resupping by another 10 minute pork sortie.
Rgr tracking getting the strats down...but again during the day when little amounts of players online on certain maps your not going to be able to do all that alone. People are on looking for action and not able to find any because nobody killed strats and the enemy doesn't up to defend (maybe one or 2 but 4-5 green guys killing 1 or 2 really isn't fun unless it's from the opposite side of the coin) like Bruv has said...MA gameplay has staled a lot during off hours and this definitely has a lot to do with it. Instead of seeing legit defenses come up when you are trying to start a fight you don't anymore....I love playing Aces High when I caN engage in some sort of combat...just flying around killing different buildings unfortunately isn't fun unless there is some kind of defense from actual players....game is about combat, m3 resupply isn't combat sorry.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2016, 03:31:42 PM »
Force in numbers alot of the issues brought up on this forum now days is because of lower numbers. Junky when there was 500 players on they was doing the dirty work strat run porking troops hangers ords and everything else so you could fly around mindlessly murdering noobs for 15 kill runs the game has changed you ain't got noobs to murder anymore most of the player base has plenty of experience so you gotta work harder for just a few kills now and you don't have noobs doing most of the dirty work for ya anymore so now it's easier to complain the game ain't what it was. Adapt my friend start doing the strat raids and porking and you realise the kinda time it takes to do those kinda thing that you never did before because it was done with the higher numbers this is why i never only played one aspect of the game. If there is a fight going on then fight if there ain't pork the strats and prep for base takes or pork the strats to help defend or GV play all aspects and there is always something to do.  you dont wanna fly bombers to hit strats or pork or GV then don't complain about it the tools are there for you to counter it use them.  and for the record i'm all about fighting planes i'm not defending the strat runners and whatever crowd i consider myself a fighter type player ingame.
G3-MF

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »

make field supplies a zero sum mechanic (the benefit of taking supplies to another field, is balanced by the cost of taking another fields supplies).

so if the lead field is down, you take some from a field next to it, and if that field is down you have to trickle the supplies forward (or fly them up). I actually really like that idea, you could mass resupply at the cost of making adjacent fields vulnerable.

and

Perk the supplies, that will put the burden on the player rather than the liability on the team, and prevent many of the "accidents (or incompetence" that might occur if it was free.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »
Force in numbers alot of the issues brought up on this forum now days is because of lower numbers. Junky when there was 500 players on they was doing the dirty work strat run porking troops hangers ords and everything else so you could fly around mindlessly murdering noobs for 15 kill runs the game has changed you ain't got noobs to murder anymore most of the player base has plenty of experience so you gotta work harder for just a few kills now and you don't have noobs doing most of the dirty work for ya anymore so now it's easier to complain the game ain't what it was. Adapt my friend start doing the strat raids and porking and you realise the kinda time it takes to do those kinda thing that you never did before because it was done with the higher numbers this is why i never only played one aspect of the game. If there is a fight going on then fight if there ain't pork the strats and prep for base takes or pork the strats to help defend or GV play all aspects and there is always something to do.  you dont wanna fly bombers to hit strats or pork or GV then don't complain about it the tools are there for you to counter it use them.  and for the record i'm all about fighting planes i'm not defending the strat runners and whatever crowd i consider myself a fighter type player ingame.

i was going to write a standard issue "fighter jocks will never get it" post and then i came across this gem. 

+1

:old:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2016, 10:14:58 PM »
I know how long it takes to pork and do strat raids and I respect the guys doing them, I do pork a lot of fields of ord and dar especially when there is a peak a boo horde going around.

I will agree it is probably just with thenumbers....but if AH3 rolls out and I see the same type of gameplay...best believe I'll be back posting again :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2016, 10:35:38 AM »
Incredible.   Junky,  that sucks.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »
I still can't shake the notion that this all boils down to some people getting mad that a player jumps into an M-3 and resups a field before they could take it.  Last week (this past Friday or Saturday maybe?) one of our fields was horded and flattened.  I jumped into an M-3 because there were no close-by airfields, and I managed to green flag it and shoot down an F4U.  I made it a point to type a message onto 200: "Yiiiippppeeeee my M-3 green flagged A44 town!!!" (Or whatever field it was.) I was hoping to get a rise out of someone, and it worked.  Someone typed "You're exactly what's wrong with this game."  I responded, "Well, if you left a hangar up, I would have got up and fought."  I never got a response back, and I still don't see how what I did - up an M-3 to resup a flat airfield's town (and shot down a low F4U hunting M-3's) - constitutes "exactly what's wrong with this game."  I just don't see it.  To me, I'm playing the game, and the guy that wrote that was just sour over the fact that I defended and spoiled the take. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2016, 11:20:25 AM »
Why are so many of you griefing?    Mass M3's?   Might as well equip them with truck nuts.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »
In my mind when an M3 is the go to in order to hold a field instead of say an interceptor or tank destroyer...something is wrong. If you disagree with that I do think your mindset is bad for the game IMO.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2016, 12:38:11 PM »
But it is part of the game.  So I think you mean it is a bad game.   
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2016, 01:11:58 PM »
This game needs an intercepting tank destroyer that is as maneuverable as an A6m and carries field supplies.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2016, 01:26:26 PM »
Game-play have  changed from upping planes to defend a contested field to mass-spawn Wirbies and M3's since its more effective.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera