Author Topic: Mid & Early war arenas have vanished  (Read 8194 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mid & Early war arenas have vanished
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »
My spreadsheets are ready...  :old:

:rofl

It reassuring to see all the player contributors working their respective tails off at this point. Sounds, skins, maps, terrains, stats and documentation are coming along.  :rock

:salute and Thanks to all of you!

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2016, 12:41:45 PM »
We are seeing more in AHIII also testing their settings. Anyone not going over now will be behind the 8 ball when it goes live.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2016, 07:18:45 PM »
So far sounds still stink on plane engine start ups and in flight.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2016, 08:47:28 PM »

Fruda is working on upgrading his sound package.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2016, 08:48:39 PM »
 :x
Fruda is working on upgrading his sound package.
:x :x :x
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2016, 11:15:08 PM »

Btw.....each plane now has original engines sounds that match their aircraft instead of the old sound in AH2 where every plane sounded the same.

You fire up a Jug!  You get the original sound to an R2800.  In flight also.  P51 Mustang?   You hear the Merlin.

You don't need to download a sound package.  The game sounds are great!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2016, 07:29:22 AM »
Btw.....each plane now has original engines sounds that match their aircraft instead of the old sound in AH2 where every plane sounded the same.

You fire up a Jug!  You get the original sound to an R2800.  In flight also.  P51 Mustang?   You hear the Merlin.

You don't need to download a sound package.  The game sounds are great!

Probably an issue with some folks sound card. That or the kids who like boom rattle boom rattle instead of music.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2016, 02:33:59 AM »
hmmmm lets see, $15 a month for the game, $50 a month for internet. This is ok, but you cant put $5 aside a week to upgrade/replace your computer every few years?

Same goes for everything else you have, TV blows do you do with out? I doubt it. Washers dies, you wear dirty cloths now? This is my "hobby". I put money aside for it every month just like anything else.

If you cant afford it, I get it, but don't come crying here that you cant. If there is a will, there is a way. The world cant stop just because not everyone can jump on the ride.

I didna say I couldn't afford it--I said some people who play this game can't afford it-and I'm not crying
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2016, 02:40:25 AM »
BS.   You've known for the better part of three years this this day was looming.   You are pissed off at HTC, instead of yourself for sitting on your duff?   Sorry, be "furious" at yourself.
I'm not pissed off at HTc--but it's hard to know what you need-when there are no specifications listed for what you need to play AH3. nobody knows what the minimum video card is needed.

and if my computer can't play it, then I won't and i'll find something that it will.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2016, 06:12:53 AM »
AH beta is a work in progress. Final specs will be published when it goes live. Skuzzy has stated this several times.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2016, 06:32:06 AM »
We have also stated, many times, the NVidia 9800GTX+ is the baseline video card for Aces High III.  There are many sites which will compare that card to any other card you want to check.  Just Google "9800gtx vs whatever".

It was first mentioned, during the development work, for what would become Aces High III, back in November of 2013.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
Does baseline mean all graphic options set to off?

The internet says my 750ti is better than the 9800gtx+, but all I can do to see the gauges is shut down everything. 190 cockpits are the darkest so far.

This makes ah3 look worse than ah2 on my PC.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »

The internet says my 750ti is better than the 9800gtx+, but all I can do to see the gauges is shut down everything. 190 cockpits are the darkest so far.

I don't want to put words into Skuzzy's mouth but I believe he once said no video card on the market can run AH with all settings maxed out. I take that to mean texture size (4096) and monitor reselution (4k) as well as the in-game graphics settings.

That's nice, because every time you upgrade your equipment, you'll see a prettier game. If you're running the minimum card driving a 1024x768 screen, then you can probably have pretty good frame rates at some settings.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2016, 09:30:40 AM »

Yes, that is what baseline means.  As I cannot see your screen, the best I can do is to show you mine.  I have attached a screenshot from inside the 190D cockpit.  I also expose the graphic settings options and frame rate.
I used the default field of view, 1920x1080 resolution, and the "Maximum Texture Size" set to 1024.

This is what yours should look like as well.  If it does not, then could you post an image, using the same settings I outlined?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2016, 09:36:25 AM »

Yes. Also you need to set the video settings to minimum.

Your card seems to be very close to mine in http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html. Using default settings I get about 35 FPS @ 2560x1600. No problems at all seeing the gauges in any 190, I just checked them all inside the hangar for added darkness. Actually the clock hands were too white compared to the other gauges.

Have you adjusted your monitor settings to show all shades of grey? Here's some tools to do it: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-online-tools-calibrate-monitor/
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni