Author Topic: Seeing game freezes tied to voice activation  (Read 5396 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Seeing game freezes tied to voice activation
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 04:37:53 PM »
I was rolling a tank around a V-base today and experienced stutters.  I was filming and it shows them, do you want the film?

I've never had a CTD or anything like that, and to be honest up until now everything had been working good.

Sure we want the film!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 05:39:53 PM »
Ack-Ack, I need a very detailed explanation of the "stutters" you are talking about.  For example, does it seem like you are getting dot crawl stutter, where each pixel shift is apparent?  Or is it more of a longer, random, pause in the entire game, happening repeatedly?

Sorry, should have been more clear.  By stutter, I meant a micro-freeze.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 09:08:39 PM »
Here is what I have, maybe it helps, maybe it does not.   If you go to the 8 minute mark and roll film you will see several stutters around the 8:30 to 9 minute mark.   

I see the micro stutters but they do not show on film.  IF, I am understanding "micro stutters"  I see them as when rolling along and watching the ground terrain directly near to me, it is as if the terrain repeatedly hesitates, then moves again.  I liken it to watching a ceiling fan, it spins and it's a blurr, but for a split second you concentrate on one blade, and you clearly see that blade, blink, and it a blurr again.

I tried to change numerous thing, but they were always there.  My FPS stayed steady while filming.   I was at a remote base, so I'm kind of the opinion what I am seeing is not voice related.

Hope you find something you can use
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:18:28 PM by j500ss »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 10:39:51 PM »
Screen pauses came back with a passion.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 01:43:00 AM »
Greebo's craterMA map is a FPS killer for me atm.   I'm putting it down to the clouds scattered across the map.

I will be rebuilding my machine soon enough so not asking for them to be toned down as they are beautiful.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 05:14:07 AM »
Ack-Ack, I need a very detailed explanation of the "stutters" you are talking about.  For example, does it seem like you are getting dot crawl stutter, where each pixel shift is apparent?  Or is it more of a longer, random, pause in the entire game, happening repeatedly?

Here is a film I took the other day before patch 5 that shows the mini-freezes (stutter) I experienced.  The first one was when someone used vox within range of me and the other one happened when no one was around nor was vox being used.

On a related note, took a few sorties tonight with bump mapping turned off and I don't recall experiencing any mini-freezes but I only took a couple of sorties and wasn't on that long to do a more extensive check.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:15:53 AM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2016, 07:51:39 AM »
Yesterday afternoon was when I had lots of micro stutters ( constant ) and a couple longer ones, plus frame rate drops for no reason I could see.

Did not matter DX9 or DX 11.

Last night I was on a bit rechecking, same base and vehicle I was at earlier..... Smooth as silk, and FPS solid 59-60 no matter what.  I only checked it in DX 11.

A real  :headscratch:

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2016, 02:36:49 PM »
Micro-freezes tied to voice, too. More specificially:
  • Starting transmission causes no problem
  • Ending transmission causes a short screen freeze <1s
This didn't happen in AH2, nor does it happen in other games.

The voice hardware isn't an on-board sound-card but a USB device (a cheap mixer with built-in USB in/out). Made me think: Only few people see stutter on voice. Only few people connect their mikes to USB. Lots of other stuff is connected to USB on some computers, doing random things at random times.

Tested this:
a) Switched in-game voice input to on-board sound card. Stutters still persists (didn't restart after changing clicking apply+ok, but not necessary I think, couldn't verify - no mike connected)
b) Disconnected USB audio device. Stutters gone.
c) Reconnected USB audio device. Stutters re-appeared.

It's something with at least USB audio devices. Possibly other USB things, too?

Offline flyndung

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »
Micro-freezes tied to voice, too. More specificially:
  • Starting transmission causes no problem
  • Ending transmission causes a short screen freeze <1s
This didn't happen in AH2, nor does it happen in other games.

The voice hardware isn't an on-board sound-card but a USB device (a cheap mixer with built-in USB in/out). Made me think: Only few people see stutter on voice. Only few people connect their mikes to USB. Lots of other stuff is connected to USB on some computers, doing random things at random times.

Tested this:
a) Switched in-game voice input to on-board sound card. Stutters still persists (didn't restart after changing clicking apply+ok, but not necessary I think, couldn't verify - no mike connected)
b) Disconnected USB audio device. Stutters gone.
c) Reconnected USB audio device. Stutters re-appeared.

It's something with at least USB audio devices. Possibly other USB things, too?

sounds like a processes is being saturated when voice is being used.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »
I do not have this problem, however I have seen guys in my squad that will disconnect when someone logs into the vox channel and keys up to say hello for the first time. This is something that happens on a daily basis.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 03:05:39 PM »
sounds like a processes is being saturated when voice is being used.

Not exactly idle, but not really saturated either.

Offline flyndung

• Copper Member
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:42:21 PM by flyndung »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2016, 05:23:35 PM »
Prior to live I had no issues with freeze frame...after live I get a ...call it a screenshot... every time I transmit on channel or range...my game also stutters when I pull trigger. Someone said these could be linked to my video card. Will get a film later today.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline flyndung

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »
Prior to live I had no issues with freeze frame...after live I get a ...call it a screenshot... every time I transmit on channel or range...my game also stutters when I pull trigger. Someone said these could be linked to my video card. Will get a film later today.

You running RealTek hardware as well?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2016, 05:45:01 PM »
You running RealTek hardware as well?
Don't think so
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"