Author Topic: I Quit the Dark  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: I Quit the Dark
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 10:14:20 AM »
You enjoy the "cockpit full of urine" effect?  :headscratch:

Wiley.
. You're glass of urine is half empty. My morning OJ is half full. It's a matter of perspective. I like that HTC is trying out this new environment. It's a very short period of time compared with the eternal daytime.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 10:20:14 AM »
If it were actually a full-on night fighting game with radar like they had, engine flames that showed like they do IRL, cockpit lights that could be on or off but if they were off, you couldn't see your gauges, spotlights, etc etc that could be interesting.

But flying day fighters in the night when they would've been grounded is a bit silly.

Its alot like griping about the new maps and their terrain...have you tried to make a custom terrain? Sounds easy enough, pretty sure that a new sense of respect would come about, for the guys that did all that work. :cheers:

So if you go in to get an appendectomy and your doctor removes a kidney or your liver, you shouldn't complain because doctoring is hard?  Just because something is difficult doesn't mean the results are above criticism.  A valid point is a valid point, regardless of whether the person bringing it up can create/has created a map.  :cheers:

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 10:20:51 AM »
AH 2 was so predictable that you almost could tell when and were a cv would show up at a certain base etc. There was very little unknown aspects of the game. AH 3 with new base layouts, new strats, night time etc at least gives some new aspects to the game and a challenge to master them. I say: accept the challenge instead of jut wishing that everything was just the way they were...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »
AH 2 was so predictable that you almost could tell when and were a cv would show up at a certain base etc. There was very little unknown aspects of the game. AH 3 with new base layouts, new strats, night time etc at least gives some new aspects to the game and a challenge to master them. I say: accept the challenge instead of jut wishing that everything was just the way they were...

Are you ready to accept the challenge of changing your video settings so you can see things at night and make the environment look like crap?

Are you hardcore enough to watch your altimeter in the middle of a low altitude fight so you don't run into the invisible water?

If so, you may be good enough to play Aces High 3!

You may use the above in your ads free of charge if you like, HT.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 10:55:40 AM »
It's one thing to say "can you increase the contrast on the water please" and "I quit if you dont remove the 'night'" one is a legitimate wish, the other is just whining.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 11:12:48 AM »
Agree. It doesn't last that long.  And only comes about every hour I believe.  Would hate to lose a player like you.  Just take a break for  a few minutes or something, bro!

Don't quit!!!

:cheers:
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 11:17:37 AM »
If it were me, I'd be interested that people are considering quitting because of the nighttime.  I'd also be interested to know that it irritates people.  Some people phrase things badly or occasionally throw tantrums (not saying that's the case here) about things on the internet.  Regardless of tone, it's the reason behind it that's important.

One thing that's crossed my mind, I'm not sure how it is now but it seemed the last couple times I logged in at about the same time of day that the ingame time was the same time.  IE-  I logged in in the dark around 7 Monday, I logged in in the dark around 7 Tuesday.  It seemed like maybe a day ingame was set to some multiple that means if you log in at 7 PM it will be the same time ingame every time until the map changes.

If that's the case, what I might suggest is setting the passage of time to be something that doesn't divide into 24 hours evenly so if people habitually log in at the same time, they aren't getting the same time of day all the time.  It would add variety and possibly make people less sick of the night if it's not every day they log in at the same time until the map changes.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »
The burning fuel factory at night is awesome.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 11:31:13 AM »
Agree. It doesn't last that long.  And only comes about every hour I believe.  Would hate to lose a player like you.  Just take a break for  a few minutes or something, bro!

Don't quit!!!

Agreed - on all points.  Back in the Olde Days, there was mass exodus from the arena when darkness fell, because darkness lasted quite a long time.  The new time limitation does allow one to prepare a dawn patrol, or to land a dusk for the benefit of the news photographers clustered by the tower.  And you don't sacrifice much Real Time while catching up on your virtual sleep.

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »
I won't play when it's dark. It's just stupid to think people actually play in the dark.  I got tired of changing my gamma settings.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 12:00:45 PM »
The short night is fine by me. I must be one of the few who has a halfway decently calibrated monitor because I'm not seeing a problem with what the game looks like...and I leave the gamma at 1.0.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 12:14:38 PM »
Dusk

Dusk to Night
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 12:30:40 PM »
night fighting is a different game, I have  to do changes in icon colors and gamma to see anything.
Yup, very annoying.  I haven't found a 'right' mix of settings that work all the time.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 12:36:33 PM »

I don't find it immersive, I find it more annoying.  And the twilight affecting the Clipboard is not a good "feature" as well.
Yup, that's my main concern.  There is a point where trying to be perfectly 'realistic' trying to represent the 3D real world in a 2D cartoon game, becomes distracting and un-playable for many.  Admittedly, it's a real challenge to get it right.  I know HiTech is trying to get it right, but he should listen to the players a bit more, and then ask himself if a feature he includes makes the game more or less...  'playable for most everyone'.  Cause that's the point of the whole thing, to play it.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »

If as the customer, you don't give feedback (both good and bad) to the provider how are they to know, that you(the clown paying money each month) is or is not happy with their game experience?
Jagdgeschwader 77