Author Topic: I Quit the Dark  (Read 4002 times)

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
Re: I Quit the Dark
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 12:43:19 PM »
Gamma 3.0 negates it, but I too don't think it has any place in the game.

Wiley.

does make it look like the ultimate starlite scope from the 60's
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 12:45:37 PM »
Agree. It doesn't last that long.  And only comes about every hour I believe.  Would hate to lose a player like you.  Just take a break for  a few minutes or something, bro!

Don't quit!!!

:cheers:

The quit was playing in the dark, however long it is. Not quiting the game... just yet.  Just voicing an opinion of something that actually does bother me.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
I like it..check out the stars man
I reckon it might depend on the moon.
No moon it might be really dark. Full moon almost daylight
Just like real life...
I don't adjust gamma.
I like it when dawn comes
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »
Must admit even with a newer PC & a 4k monitor the night time i have no use for.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »
I like it..check out the stars man
I reckon it might depend on the moon.
No moon it might be really dark. Full moon almost daylight
Just like real life...
I don't adjust gamma.
I like it when dawn comes
I don't pay $15 a month to contemplate a cartoon moon and stars, however 'cool' they may be.  I pay to play a reasonably challenging game that I feel I can compete in to some degree and thereby gain some entertainment and enjoyment value.  Put some feature (especially visually) into the game which diminishes that and you lose my interest fast.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 01:02:08 PM »
If it were actually a full-on night fighting game with radar like they had, engine flames that showed like they do IRL, cockpit lights that could be on or off but if they were off, you couldn't see your gauges, spotlights, etc etc that could be interesting.

But flying day fighters in the night when they would've been grounded is a bit silly.

So if you go in to get an appendectomy and your doctor removes a kidney or your liver, you shouldn't complain because doctoring is hard?  Just because something is difficult doesn't mean the results are above criticism.  A valid point is a valid point, regardless of whether the person bringing it up can create/has created a map.  :cheers:

Wiley.

The Germans did fly 109s and 190s at night without any radar equipment. They did have radio guided navigation and assisted-landing equipment though. These "Wilde Sau" units would be directed by ground controllers to areas were RAF bombers were caught in searchlights and attack them. When there was sufficient moon light they would also attack targets of opportunity on their own.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »
Hey sloe..
Check your George Orwell quote in your sig
Heehee..funny
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »
If it were actually a full-on night fighting game with radar like they had, engine flames that showed like they do IRL, cockpit lights that could be on or off but if they were off, you couldn't see your gauges, spotlights, etc etc that could be interesting.

But flying day fighters in the night when they would've been grounded is a bit silly.

So if you go in to get an appendectomy and your doctor removes a kidney or your liver, you shouldn't complain because doctoring is hard?  Just because something is difficult doesn't mean the results are above criticism.  A valid point is a valid point, regardless of whether the person bringing it up can create/has created a map.  :cheers:

Wiley.
You missed the point, i was trying to get across. Thats fine, I dont go to Hightech for a surgery. You ever been to Medical school? Oops guess I didnt get YOUR point. Its not perfect but most can deal with little insignificant things that they dont like. Some cant, I guess
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 01:31:58 PM »
It's one thing to say "can you increase the contrast on the water please" and "I quit if you dont remove the 'night'" one is a legitimate wish, the other is just whining.
EXACTLY :aok Put your altimeter into your gun sight area. Its not too dificult to change gamma, like 4 seconds max. Dont like the water, dont fight over it. Sure that may be where everyone is fighting, but you dont or cant fight near water. Fine, pretty sure water terrain is a lot more sparse than land terrain, so no problem. If thats more than you can put up with, sorry it didnt work out for you. I understand the complaints, we all have something we dont like and wish was different. Like I said in a previous response, corrective criticism is all well and good!!! Incessant whining and  complaining solves nothing. Adapt or not, I cant do it for you.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 01:35:30 PM »
The night is for our protection. Hasn't there been enough of R.I.P. posts yet? Without the dark minutes we'd sit for unlimited hours. Now, unless night fighting really is your thing, darkness gives you a valid excuse to get off your chair.

What I'm referring to can be read E.G. here: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/sitting/faq-20058005 and here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/national/the-health-hazards-of-sitting/750/. Cardiovascular disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome... Or a five minutes break.

I also find the night prettier than a five minutes forced pause.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2016, 01:42:06 PM »
oh jeez, really, you all log off or going to quit because of a few minutes of darkness ..does that mean you all don't drive at night? the only problem I have is dusk is  a little harder to see the tanks-and the ocean is black-but I'm not gonna quit or log off because of it.

saying you are going to quit if they don't get rid of the night, is basically  blackmail-it's not right.

and there's that WORD I hate they use in these forums-IMMERSIVE I hate that word.

it's used whenever somebody wants to change the game. nuff said.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:45:22 PM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2016, 02:09:23 PM »
Are you scared of the dark
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »