Author Topic: If you consider yourself a Top Stick in the game...  (Read 13178 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: If you consider yourself a Top Stick in the game...
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2017, 02:54:11 PM »
I complained for years quite loudly about players doing nothing but HOin. Hoping to change there ways by shaming them. I was told to tone it down and accept that this is how the game is played now. I still complain, but nothing like I did in the old days. If this is how the game is to be played, then that is how I will continue to play it...... until they close the doors. Hopefully not too soon.  :cry

HO is a legit and documented tactic, especially in aircraft like the Yak 9T. I HO a lot, and can tell you it's not difficult to avoid a HO. IMHO anyone that complains about HOing is just another HOder angry they lost the HO.

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2017, 03:25:35 PM »
HO is a legit and documented tactic, especially in aircraft like the Yak 9T. I HO a lot, and can tell you it's not difficult to avoid a HO. IMHO anyone that complains about HOing is just another HOder angry they lost the HO.
Seems legit...until you're already engaged wit 1 or more enemies and you get face shot.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2017, 03:46:55 PM »
Completely disagree with this and I'm actually going to make a video explaining the merge and why the HO is what is causing a lot of people to get their butt handed to them.

A lot of people give me crap about calling people out for HOing on 200...what most don't know is I just killed the guy after avoiding it. It's worthless and is luck for 99% of the community, you shouldn't promote or be alright with something that the majority of the time is going to get a player killed or damaged.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2017, 03:57:58 PM »
I was alone on the deck and had 6 cons taking swings at me in singles and bunches. Two were so terrified of me they HOd me and damaged my and some. I guess if they had not done that they would all have died. LOL

This was last night.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2017, 03:58:29 PM »
Here's the one thing that fail the KI84, 109, Spitfire, ect ect....yes they are good in a 1v1 situation and they manuever well. But the area where they lack manuevering is at high speed...

Pretty Spot On Assessment, Junky

:cheers:

TC

TC I hope you don't mind that I borrowed a quote from you. The only thing I did was change it to be more accurate.  :D  :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:00:27 PM by pipz »
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2017, 04:09:00 PM »
Seems legit...until you're already engaged wit 1 or more enemies and you get face shot.

So... you're complaining because a guy that was ganging you gave you the opportunity for a shot?  You anti-HO guys are incredibly weird.  The problem is not the HO at that point, it is the gang.

A lot of people give me crap about calling people out for HOing on 200...what most don't know is I just killed the guy after avoiding it. It's worthless and is luck for 99% of the community, you shouldn't promote or be alright with something that the majority of the time is going to get a player killed or damaged.

Yes because browbeating a guy about his tactics right after you've killed him is exactly the way to get him to see the error of his ways.

It is worthless.  It is also the way about 75% of the people I see on a daily basis merge.  The problem I see is people see people complaining about the HO, so they think it has power.  They think it works.  If more people would work out how to avoid the HO and kill the guy doing it, maybe it would be used less often because unless your gunnery is stellar, it's really not a good strategy.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
Yes because browbeating a guy about his tactics right after you've killed him is exactly the way to get him to see the error of his ways.

It is worthless.  It is also the way about 75% of the people I see on a daily basis merge.  The problem I see is people see people complaining about the HO, so they think it has power.  They think it works.  If more people would work out how to avoid the HO and kill the guy doing it, maybe it would be used less often because unless your gunnery is stellar, it's really not a good strategy.

Wiley.

You are partially right. Some folks never learn. They will not ask for help. They will never get better.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »

First of, comparing this GAME with real life tactics is just plan stupid. As soon as you quit flying after your next "death" I'll start listening to you. Second, "if" they went for the HO I'm sure it was a "do or die" situation and had no other choice. Any competent fighter pilot would maneuver for a shot that would give himself the highest rate of success with the lowest possibility of taking any damage.

The problem with the HO in the game is that it is THE ONLY MOVE most players know! Time after time every merge is a lame HO attempt. Can I HO, sure, with 8 50s or a few cannons in my KI a HO is a piece of cake and Im sure I could win more than I loose if I did it ALL the freaking time like some of these guys.

I like to fight. A HO is nothing but a joust, and avoidance of a fight. You dont see players like Tongs and Junky and other skilled players going for HOs. Only the lame skilless players who cant get a kill any other way do it.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »
First of, comparing this GAME with real life tactics is just plan stupid. As soon as you quit flying after your next "death" I'll start listening to you. Second, "if" they went for the HO I'm sure it was a "do or die" situation and had no other choice. Any competent fighter pilot would maneuver for a shot that would give himself the highest rate of success with the lowest possibility of taking any damage.

The problem with the HO in the game is that it is THE ONLY MOVE most players know! Time after time every merge is a lame HO attempt. Can I HO, sure, with 8 50s or a few cannons in my KI a HO is a piece of cake and Im sure I could win more than I loose if I did it ALL the freaking time like some of these guys.

I like to fight. A HO is nothing but a joust, and avoidance of a fight. You dont see players like Tongs and Junky and other skilled players going for HOs. Only the lame skilless players who cant get a kill any other way do it.

I have answered their HO on occasion. Like when I am dead slow over the top and either they are still coming at me from below or another is coming at me and I can't maneuver out of the dang way. Then it is just shoot back or sit there and die.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »
I killed Rud3boi and Lazer with HO's yesterday in multi plane engagements.  I saw an enemy plane in front of me, my guns fire that way, I fired :)

Rud3 got upset.  Lazer just thanked me :o

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2017, 04:36:53 PM »
Lazer bathes in Preparation H so he feels no pain. That is when he bathes. :D

Rud is a yankee. :D

Both of them love Santa and expect on Hos from him.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2017, 05:54:27 PM »
HO is legit.

Dad proved it in Nam and returned home safely by using it.

It takes two to HO..............if you don't agree...............try to HO bombers that aren't even maneuvering and you will find it difficult.

HO complainers aren't trying to avoid the HO but they expect the enemy to avoid the HO.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:56:05 PM by icepac »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2017, 06:19:37 PM »
So... you're complaining because a guy that was ganging you gave you the opportunity for a shot?  You anti-HO guys are incredibly weird.  The problem is not the HO at that point, it is the gang.

To be fair it is usually LilMak that is ganging me and yes I do face shoot him with the 37mm at the first oppotunity. Flying through the vapour cloud of an enemies remains is ncredibly satisfying.  I also find a smaller airframe with a bigger gun is significantly advantaged in a HO  :devil

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »

Yak 9T:
 - small airframe hard to hit. Quite a tough we bird too.
 - 37mm centerline nose cannon can lob holy hand grenades a couple of K's out
 - relatively underpowered and nose heavy compared to contemporary airframes
 - Not the best turner either
 - Bleeds E like a small boat dropping a big anchor

Now you said: "Any competent fighter pilot would maneuver for a shot that would give himself the highest rate of success with the lowest possibility of taking any damage."

Think about it.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2017, 06:30:14 PM »
I used to get livid at being ho'd, then I decided its gonna be what its gonna be. What still ticks me off is being in a 1v1, with almost no one around and the only other bad guy decides to pick you. Kind of defeats the purpose of a 1v1 but...

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton