Author Topic: collision model  (Read 20811 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
collision model
« on: July 03, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »
I'm not sure how or if possible, but can you turn off the collision model until it is better perfected.  I am tired of getting collide messages when clearly I wasn't the "responsible" party and on a few and I mean a few occasions others received the collide message when clearly it was my fault.   If we are unable to figure out how to use the collision model with internet latency then are we able to make it where both planes receives the same damage.  on three sorties last night I was ran into, on one it was a direct head on ram, I am sure neither plane would have made it to the runway, but of course the other lands 2 kills. 
I would like to see either both planes receive the same amount of damage or no damage at all.  with internet speeds varying so wildly in here I think it would be much appreciated.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: collision model
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »
flippz: There is nothing wrong with the collision model. What you must accept is that the other person did not collide with you. Others can post a more detailed explanation with an animated give. But As he was flying his plane  he saw that he missed you and hence would think it very bad if he took damage.

So you are either asking

A. You intentionally avoid a head on collision, the other plane intentionally rams the plane he sees. And the YOU did even though you missed him.

or
B. You are in a bomber, a fighter dives in guns blazing and continues shooting as he flies right thew you.

Both of these option have far more detrimental effects to game play then the current choice.

HiTech

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »
So you are either asking

A. You intentionally avoid a head on collision, the other plane intentionally rams the plane he sees. And then YOU die even though you missed him.

or

B. You are in a bomber, a fighter dives in guns blazing and continues shooting as he flies right thru you.

Both of these options have far more detrimental effects to game play then the current choice.

HiTech

Edited for the new guys.    :aok

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 10:35:21 AM »
As it is now, you are in complete control as to whether you collide or not. You are flying your plane on your front-end game client. If your game client does not detect a collision, you get no damage, even if the other player's front-end game client shows that he collided with you...in which case he takes damage but you do not.

The only time you take damage is if your client detects that your plane hit something, even if you don't see it...like if another player's plane runs into the back of your plane while you are staring out the front of your cockpit.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 10:40:43 AM »
As it is now, you are in complete control as to whether you collide or not. You are flying your plane on your front-end game client. If your game client does not detect a collision, you get no damage, even if the other player's front-end game client shows that he collided with you...in which case he takes damage but you do not.

The only time you take damage is if your client detects that your plane hit something, even if you don't see it...like if another player's plane runs into the back of your plane while you are staring out the front of your cockpit.

Sometimes you collide and you just had no chance to avoid it, like when you are partially compressed.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
Sometimes you collide and you just had no chance to avoid it, like when you are partially compressed.

How is this any different from what I said? Your front-end detected that you hit something. It doesn't care if you were able to try to avoid it or not. Are you saying that you shouldn't take damage if you cannot maneuver your plane to avoid a collision?
My Current Rig:

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »
How is this any different from what I said? Your front-end detected that you hit something. It doesn't care if you were able to try to avoid it or not. Are you saying that you shouldn't take damage if you cannot maneuver your plane to avoid a collision?

Just pointing out that you are not in complete control 100% of the time.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 11:02:29 AM »
Just pointing out that you are not in complete control 100% of the time.

Aren't you in control of your speed?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »
I guess my point was that you cannot take damage from a collision if your client doesn't detect one.
My Current Rig:

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 11:05:02 AM »

:D
My Current Rig:

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »

If you are able to look forward 10s of seconds and predict that enemies will turn into your 12 oc while you are diving into attack and take preventative measures you probably have too much of an IQ.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »
If you are able to look forward 10s of seconds and predict that enemies will turn into your 12 oc while you are diving into attack and take preventative measures you probably have too much of an IQ.

The point is you made a choice to degrade maneuverability. Collisions result from a series of choices.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 11:15:40 AM »
The point is you made a choice to degrade maneuverability. Collisions result from a series of choices.

Yea and you will be spending all of your time circling above enemies without ever engaging.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »

chess grandmasters are able to predict around 15 moves ahead,  so what you wrote is possible   :D