Author Topic: ENY is Killing AH  (Read 14728 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
Re: ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2017, 07:13:03 AM »
i got a kill from the 88mm in the scenario last night from 5k away it felt dirty and i was ashamed of myself.

sorry flippz.
you should feel dirty (great shot)!  not directed at you directly put I was saying when you exploded my plane "look at this dork in the 88, he thinks BOOOOOOOOOOM" wtf happened. lol <S> great shot again

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »
i got a kill from the 88mm in the scenario last night from 5k away it felt dirty and i was ashamed of myself.

sorry flippz.

Weak.

We ran into you a few times. Good fights <S>
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2017, 01:18:25 PM »
So how about the zone ENY concept?

^^^^^^
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline buddyshamrock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »
ENY is good.
Utah

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »
With anywhere from 80 to 150 players on at any given time I would say it is pretty much killed.

An accumulation of all the things that were killing AH actually should have killed it by now.  Yet, no.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2017, 07:50:30 AM »
How long? Some players may be taking a dump between sorties but are a bit constipated. Some may be having to deal with Seventh Day Adventists at the door. The wife may want a third honey-do. Some may even be conversing with new players and helping them with AH minutia. Damned AFKers.

Half an hour in the tower with no key pressed and no mouse movement. When you come back to your keyboard you have to relog.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56:06 AM »
Half an hour in the tower with no key pressed and no mouse movement. When you come back to your keyboard you have to relog.

Easy to get around that  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2017, 10:16:54 AM »
Easy to get around that  :)

Yes but why would you do that? The point is to disconnect the people that totally forgot their game was on, and halp with ENY issues.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2017, 10:21:49 AM »
Yes but why would you do that?

Not having to log back on when I suspect I could be gone for longer than that - for various reasons

The point is to disconnect the people that totally forgot their game was on, and halp with ENY issues.

I suspect that few actually forgot to log off. For example when they recon their side is about to win the war, they may just stay online to collect their 75 perks (which is a lot for the ordinary player)

And about those who actually did forget to log off - I'd guess that's about the same percentage on all sides, thus it would have little impact on ENY at all.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:23:35 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2017, 10:32:40 AM »
I believe that those just sitting there are probably pretty even across the board so I don't see this as a problem.  Remember when you are looking at those in flight against those that are not, anyone just sitting somewhere in a plane or GV or Gun will show in flight so you really do not know how many are actually afk.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2017, 08:39:51 PM »
I suspect that few actually forgot to log off. For example when they recon their side is about to win the war, they may just stay online to collect their 75 perks (which is a lot for the ordinary player)

Wait .... 75 perks?

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »
Wait .... 75 perks?

25 fighter
25 bomber
25 vehicle
---
75 total

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2017, 04:56:50 AM »
I am offering an argument to end or modify the imposition of ENY. As a game leveling, balancing factor of fairness, it fails. The game appears to be in a rut with the Rook nation largely absent. Numbers cycle from about 150 when all countries are populated relatively evenly, to about 25-30, with the Rook nation at times unrepresented. So, when it is 7 vs 11, the 11 member nation must struggle to make advances with early war planes against perk planes while the Rooks sit in tower. Have you ever tried to capture a field with FM2's against just a few La-7's/Spit 16's? The old days of the hoard covering each other's six are temporarily suspended at best, getting 10 people in on a mission is a real feat in the Steam age. None of them seem too impressed with ENY, either, btw.
 When the map is new, or balanced, the Rooks seem to attend more. They certainly do not seem to log on and express, "goody, the have stinky eny let's nail them." It is more like, "bummer, the map sucks again, I'm playing Minecraft" and they leave and ENY soars.

No one really cares who won the last map, in internet terms, it no longer exists. If removing ENY to allow these stale maps to end and refresh causes a slew of victories for the populated country, I think what people will notice is, "ah, new map, a new chance to nail them," as so often inevitably happens anyway. It will increase attendance.

ENY is why we have maps with 60% fields belonging to the home country -- that do not end for days. This stuff is incredibly obvious and I should be enjoying my subscription, not managing the nature of it, so you are welcome for the heads up. Please consider the message, accept it's validity and make appropriate adjustments.

Oh ya.....no ENY for the morning Jokers raids....nope bad idea

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2017, 07:33:59 AM »
Oh ya.....no ENY for the morning Jokers raids....nope bad idea

The v97th switched from bish all the time to rook every other tour because the rooks have been so outnumbered early US mornings. It made it harder for enemies to roll undefended bases, possible to TAKE enemy bases, and usually leveled ENY pretty effectively. It also blunted those Joker raids: they seemed less able to take territory even flying their preferred planes when a critical mass of defenders could be gathered together, or when they had to sacrifice a player or two to defense when the rooks threatened bishop bases.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2017, 12:36:01 PM »
I love how the Jokers make such an impression on the nme. :-)

The v97th switched from bish all the time to rook every other tour because the rooks have been so outnumbered early US mornings. It made it harder for enemies to roll undefended bases, possible to TAKE enemy bases, and usually leveled ENY pretty effectively. It also blunted those Joker raids: they seemed less able to take territory even flying their preferred planes when a critical mass of defenders could be gathered together, or when they had to sacrifice a player or two to defense when the rooks threatened bishop bases.
Tour 70 2005 to present