Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 42532 times)

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #465 on: December 20, 2017, 09:46:22 AM »
A few things Elec.  You are starting to embarass yourself going on about this.  I thought you were a bit more of a scrapper and a lot less of a whiner.  Every time I have ever run into you, you have fought.  Something to be admired in this game.  You do need to note that not everyone kills GV's with bombs.  Further most of us that know how to hunt GV's still do it the way we always have prior to the addition of GV Dar.  However if I cannot find a vehicle within a reasonable amount of time I will use the new tool to narrow the search.  I will not spend my whole night playing whack a mole.  It's just not fun.

See you up there,

Waystin2

Waystin,

Respectfully sir - it's not a "whine" - it's a legitimate fact that it changed the game immensely for the GV players. There are a lot of people upset about it and many people have voiced their opinions or thoughts on at least if it is to stay maybe how to balance it slightly. There would be more opinions voiced as well but not all my squaddies are on the forums (as well as others).

At any rate like I said before I'll simply make it a point to do much more bomb****ing now. And don't worry - I'm still a scrapper and happy to give you a run for your money against your 262 again with my buffs anytime :D

:salute

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #466 on: December 20, 2017, 02:56:50 PM »
Waystin,

Respectfully sir - it's not a "whine" - it's a legitimate fact that it changed the game immensely for the GV players. There are a lot of people upset about it and many people have voiced their opinions or thoughts on at least if it is to stay maybe how to balance it slightly. There would be more opinions voiced as well but not all my squaddies are on the forums (as well as others).

At any rate like I said before I'll simply make it a point to do much more bomb****ing now. And don't worry - I'm still a scrapper and happy to give you a run for your money against your 262 again with my buffs anytime :D

If memory serves me right..... In AH II even your own squad mates couldn't see you on the map, let alone tank icons and dar........what a way to screw up a game

:salute

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #467 on: December 20, 2017, 07:12:52 PM »
I really hope this thread dies.

The reason the thread's going on for as long as is has is because the GV dar is such a paradigm shift. People have unsubscribed from the game because of it, and others have hinted they might. I know of no one who GVs primarily that likes it at all.
My forlorn hope is that HT decides it does more harm than good and gets rid of it.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
New GV dar
« Reply #468 on: December 20, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »
If that’s all it takes for someone to cancel their sub, were they really committed in the first place?

It’s like the kid who doesn’t get their way and takes his toys and goes home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #469 on: December 20, 2017, 07:57:04 PM »
The reason the thread's going on for as long as is has is because the GV dar is such a paradigm shift. People have unsubscribed from the game because of it, and others have hinted they might. I know of no one who GVs primarily that likes it at all.
My forlorn hope is that HT decides it does more harm than good and gets rid of it.

If it helps business, it will stay.  Long term, that will be the deciding factor.  I honestly don't have a problem with it, especially if it results in new players.  I have a bigger problem with the converted maps and how they lost the magic.  But that's not HTC's gig.  That is squarely a map making thing, and there are people diligently working on the problem.

The issue some people are having boils down to two words: "being found."  It was a whole lot easier to find a GV in AH2.  I can't even remember what the trees looked like in AH2, there were so few of them.  It was like driving a tank down a fairway, for cripes sake.  And for the love of all things holy, the only thing you need to do to stop the bombs from falling on you is to take out the ord bunkers.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #470 on: December 20, 2017, 08:09:33 PM »
And for the love of all things holy, the only thing you need to do to stop the bombs from falling on you is to take out the ord bunkers.

But how can I take down the ord bunkers if I'm sitting in a bush spawn camping waiting for noskill kills?

HiTech should get rid of ord or I'm cancelling my sub.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #471 on: December 20, 2017, 08:18:06 PM »

I'll just quote myself from earlier.
Bunch of guys quit a combat game because it's harder or them to avoid combat. That's addition via subtraction in my book.

:aok

My hope is that HTC gets not just enough new subs to cover the loss of the cowards and quitters, but enough that it will encourage them to continue rooting out other ways that players also avoid combat.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #472 on: December 20, 2017, 10:58:07 PM »
My hope is that HTC gets not just enough new subs to cover the loss of the cowards and quitters, but enough that it will encourage them to continue rooting out other ways that players also avoid combat.

Big talk from a guy who never shows up in a GV .....bring it.....I dare you

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:01:03 PM by Dundee »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #473 on: December 20, 2017, 11:11:19 PM »
Nah, I'm good. I don't waste time on bad gameplay.

I'd rather do something more entertaining than GV'ing - like ironing my socks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:13:06 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #474 on: December 21, 2017, 09:32:32 AM »
Here’s an idea, get with your fellow GV’ers and air drivers and formulate tactics to strengthen your game play. It’s all about adapting and as many of you are great GV’ers through self identification, this should be a simple task.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #475 on: December 21, 2017, 09:45:44 AM »
Nah, I'm good. I don't waste time on bad gameplay.

I'd rather do something more entertaining than GV'ing - like ironing my socks.

:rofl
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #476 on: December 21, 2017, 07:30:51 PM »
If that’s all it takes for someone to cancel their sub, were they really committed in the first place?

Here’s an idea, get with your fellow GV’ers and air drivers and formulate tactics to strengthen your game play. It’s all about adapting and as many of you are great GV’ers through self identification, this should be a simple task.

1) I played AH for ~5 years, and for the last 3 of those I was on a minimum of four hours a day, seven days a week. Yeah, I know, that means I have issues, but clearly "commitment" isn't one of them.
2) No, it's not "all about adapting." It's about having fun. If the game were to suddenly turn and be less balanced in favor of GVers (as it has now become less balanced in the favor of bomb****s), pilots like Devil505 would be complaining too, and rightfully so. You're expecting that people who had their favorite toys taken away from them will find new toys to play with. Many will--electroman is going to focus more on bombing GVs now, for example, because the game has given bomb****s a new and distinct advantage. Other players will say "Ah, well, it's been a fun five years" and move on.
When I 1st played AH I knew virtually nothing. I gradually discovered what I liked and what I was good at and focused on those things. If those things are neutered, I have the choice to spend $15/mo to try to like something else, or use the time and money to do things I already know I like. The only reason the decision to leave was difficult was I'll miss some of the people I played with....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 07:39:12 PM by molybdenum »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #477 on: December 21, 2017, 08:57:00 PM »
Wow, so many tears from people having to face the prospect of combat in a PvP game.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #478 on: December 21, 2017, 10:26:18 PM »
1) I played AH for ~5 years, and for the last 3 of those I was on a minimum of four hours a day, seven days a week. Yeah, I know, that means I have issues, but clearly "commitment" isn't one of them.
2) No, it's not "all about adapting." It's about having fun. If the game were to suddenly turn and be less balanced in favor of GVers (as it has now become less balanced in the favor of bomb****s), pilots like Devil505 would be complaining too, and rightfully so. You're expecting that people who had their favorite toys taken away from them will find new toys to play with. Many will--electroman is going to focus more on bombing GVs now, for example, because the game has given bomb****s a new and distinct advantage. Other players will say "Ah, well, it's been a fun five years" and move on.
When I 1st played AH I knew virtually nothing. I gradually discovered what I liked and what I was good at and focused on those things. If those things are neutered, I have the choice to spend $15/mo to try to like something else, or use the time and money to do things I already know I like. The only reason the decision to leave was difficult was I'll miss some of the people I played with....

Grow up, it’s a game

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #479 on: December 21, 2017, 11:05:41 PM »
Wow - some real childish responses to a real problem with the game...nice.

Say what you will...but the fact is we're losing players now because of it. In fact...one of my long time squaddies called in today and cancelled his subscription which I just found out.