Author Topic: #MAGA  (Read 7043 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: #MAGA
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2018, 09:56:07 AM »
I've seen the AI fly through the ground so I'm not sure they process collisions events the same way a player does.

But I have had them ram into me from behind and kill me.

:salute

AI went through the ground online, or offline?  If it's offline the rules might be different for them.

If it's online what people need to keep in mind is that every single thing other than your bullets striking a target and your collisions is an approximation.  Where their vehicles are, where their bullets are, where their bombs are...  Everything is not exactly where it is on the other end.  The only two things that are accurate on your end is what your bullets hit, and whether or not you run into something.

When you see a plane go through the ground, it's because it narrowly missed the ground on its end but because you're only getting periodic position updates with the plane still moving on your end, it can go through the ground on your end when you're a bit of a distance away.  It's not hax, it's just latency.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2018, 11:17:40 AM »
Wondering if anything is cooking at HTC HQ...   :noid

AH3 was three years in development.   Afterwards, there were fairly regular updates of ancient AH1 models, but those seemed to dry up this year.  Aside from some dot radar adjustments, game updates are solely about VR and bug fixes. 
What happened to Hop?  Wasn't she supposed to be some kind of promoter on social media?  We need squeakers in here ASAP.   :old:

They are a small company, I get that.  But things have been awful quiet on the development front.  And no new fighters since July of 2013.  I'm beginning to lose interest in this game.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »
AI went through the ground online, or offline?  If it's offline the rules might be different for them.

The cases I were referring to were offline.   Yes, I am sure their collision logic is not the same as a real player.  Probably is a compromise given their limitations.

So my point was in response to Coogan, basically I don't think you could use the offline AI mission to explore the 2-player collision behavior.   The AI ain't playing by the same rules as you are.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2018, 11:34:28 AM »
Wondering if anything is cooking at HTC HQ...   :noid

AH3 was three years in development.   Afterwards, there were fairly regular updates of ancient AH1 models, but those seemed to dry up this year.  Aside from some dot radar adjustments, game updates are solely about VR and bug fixes. 
What happened to Hop?  Wasn't she supposed to be some kind of promoter on social media?  We need squeakers in here ASAP.   :old:

They are a small company, I get that.  But things have been awful quiet on the development front.  And no new fighters since July of 2013.  I'm beginning to lose interest in this game.
The game is simply a hobby and not the money maker for htc.. They will work at their own pace. Not sure where Hop went, but IMO social media presence needs to be aimed at WW2 groups on Facebook.

Sadly like you many of us have been losing interest.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2018, 12:07:52 PM »

The first time every person logs into this game, or any game really, a clock starts on when they're going to get bored with it.  The fact that some people still play this after over a decade considering the simplicity of the game play is kind of astounding.

Personally I really have my doubts that a new plane would do much.  Whoopee, we'd get a G55 or a P61 or a Bearcat or whatever.  We'd still be doing the same things with it we do with all the other planes.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2018, 12:58:29 PM »
The first time every person logs into this game, or any game really, a clock starts on when they're going to get bored with it.  The fact that some people still play this after over a decade considering the simplicity of the game play is kind of astounding.

Personally I really have my doubts that a new plane would do much.  Whoopee, we'd get a G55 or a P61 or a Bearcat or whatever.  We'd still be doing the same things with it we do with all the other planes.

Wiley.

What would happen if HTC had only one plane to choose from?  Would we still be doing the same things, or would the game have died in 1999.  Variety is the spice of life.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2018, 01:08:40 PM »

What would happen if HTC had only one plane to choose from?  Would we still be doing the same things, or would the game have died in 1999.  Variety is the spice of life.

Going from 1 to 2 is huge.  Going from 70 to 71... not so much.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
The game is simply a hobby and not the money maker for htc.. They will work at their own pace. Not sure where Hop went, but IMO social media presence needs to be aimed at WW2 groups on Facebook.

AH Is not a hobby. It has been mine and many others full time employment for almost 20 years. I'm not sure what bug you found up there, but your posting that constantly troll/belittle HTC must end.

HiTech

HiTech

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2018, 02:44:05 PM »
There is a lot of folklore/gossip in AH.
Pies not kicks.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2018, 03:17:03 PM »

Wiley.
Well it almost 10 years for me and don’t get me wrong I do get the bug to play every now and then, but it’s not the same addiction I once had. But with that said that will happen with ANY game. Never have I played a game for more then 2 years in a row let alone almost 10...

I miss the competitive trolling and banter that would happen on 200. Have something lead up to a 1v1 match... I miss SDL, and I even miss the drama and tantrums associated with it. People just don’t seem to care to compete anymore besides KOTH.

TBH I miss skyyr. I miss having to play cat and mouse with someone as good as him. Made me want to better myself and try new things. I like being pushed.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2018, 03:30:32 PM »
AH Is not a hobby. It has been mine and many others full time employment for almost 20 years. I'm not sure what bug you found up there, but your posting that constantly troll/belittle HTC must end.

HiTech

HiTech
Maybe I’m just sad the game has seemed to stray off the path it used to be on. Used to be all out combat. MA and Furball lake.... Titanic Tuesday’s... idk I understand times got really tough on the community and the numbers fell. I hope we see 400+ players in the MA again I really do.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2018, 09:38:38 PM »
Used to be all out combat.

You are aging faster than you should, young Jedi. 

The game hasn't been all out combat since at least late 2001.  There have always been runners, gangers, hordes, NOE missions, HQ porkers, vulchers, and utility griefers.  I believe there may be a lower proportion of dogfighting afficionados now, probably because many of the original crowd who longed to fulfill their childhood dreams of being WWII fighter pilots has died, drifted away or lost their minds.  But if we had films from 2002, they would show about the same dynamic as we have now - with almost the same number of people.

So pop a beer, find a comfy chair that has a footrest, and listen to "They Way We Were" while you gaze out the window and vegetate.

- oldman (highly recommended activity, actually.  better than yoga.)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2018, 10:02:23 PM »

Until the plane-set outnumbers the players.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »
Maybe I’m just sad the game has seemed to stray off the path it used to be on. Used to be all out combat. MA and Furball lake.... Titanic Tuesday’s... idk I understand times got really tough on the community and the numbers fell. I hope we see 400+ players in the MA again I really do.

None of this is the fault of the game or the developers.  It is a change in the type of players that are online now.  So many people demand changes to attract new players, but those changes would make this game something completely different than it is.  The game is fine.  We just need to find a way to show the modern player what a gem Aces High is.

This comes down to we the players making this an inviting place.  We have this wonderful playground to play in.  Let's stop throwing sand.

My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2018, 03:05:01 AM »

You are aging faster than you should, young Jedi. 

The game hasn't been all out combat since at least late 2001.  There have always been runners, gangers, hordes, NOE missions, HQ porkers, vulchers, and utility griefers.

There wasn’t a re-supply dynamic back then. The-supplying avoids fighting by sneaking ground vehicles under the new GV far under trees with engine off. As soon as the enemy flies off the start up and charge into town to re-sup. That didn’t happen back then. 

I believe there may be a lower proportion of dogfighting afficionados now, probably because many of the original crowd who longed to fulfill their childhood dreams of being WWII fighter pilots has died, drifted away or lost their minds.  But if we had films from 2002, they would show about the same dynamic as we have now - with almost the same number of people.
Do you remember the 12 hour rule? If so if killed a lot of good players attitude towards fighting in the MA.

So pop a beer, find a comfy chair that has a footrest, and listen to "They Way We Were" while you gaze out the window and vegetate.

- oldman (highly recommended activity, actually.  better than yoga.)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3