Author Topic: #MAGA  (Read 7041 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: #MAGA
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2018, 09:04:57 PM »
As far as offline collision and how damage is dealt is concerned, someone will probably run a test and report back here.

I do think that if the server registers a collision, both actors should receive damage based on the impact site for each vehicle, regardless of what the player sees on his screen. For their to be a collision event both players have to occupy the same point in 3d space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So on your screen, you and another plane pass basically head on but 40 feet off set, both planes are breaking left say to avoid a HO guns solution. You would be ok with a wing coming off your plane because on the other guys view, due to lag, he was much closer as he turned out late.

I wouldnt, I like it as it is, I have control of my plane, and I avoid the other guy, even if it means giving up angles, I should survive and NOT be penalized because the other guy tried to fly strait through me.

Offline mako04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2018, 09:06:07 PM »
Hijacked.  This thread has been hijacked.  Someone call for help!   :devil

MDBGA! Making Dive Bombing Great Again.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2018, 09:08:36 PM »
Pies not kicks.

Offline mako04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2018, 09:10:38 PM »
Yes my xponder is set to 7500!  :aok

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »
So on your screen, you and another plane pass basically head on but 40 feet off set, both planes are breaking left say to avoid a HO guns solution. You would be ok with a wing coming off your plane because on the other guys view, due to lag, he was much closer as he turned out late.

I wouldnt, I like it as it is, I have control of my plane, and I avoid the other guy, even if it means giving up angles, I should survive and NOT be penalized because the other guy tried to fly strait through me.

With what people are saying both positions are relative the the machine. So they are both correct and damage should be cancelled out.

Dale is a very intelligent individual, I'm sure he has client-side reconciliation in place to deal with client-side predictions.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline mako04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2018, 09:12:41 PM »
What was this thread about?  :bolt:

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2018, 09:16:39 PM »
bacon and it's various uses in modern medicine

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2018, 09:19:09 PM »
With what people are saying both positions are relative the the machine. So they are both correct and damage should be cancelled out.
Dale is a very intelligent individual, I'm sure he has client-side reconciliation in place to deal with client-side predictions.

I assure you HT has thought about this for decades.  It's been a problem that has had to be considered since the first plane flew on AW in 1988.  Of all the possible solutions in an imperfect internet environment, he has chosen this model as the best compromise.

I think he made the right choice.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline mako04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2018, 09:20:56 PM »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
#MAGA
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2018, 09:22:04 PM »
I assure you HT has thought about this for decades.  It's been a problem that has had to be considered since the first plane flew on AW in 1988.  Of all the possible solutions in an imperfect internet environment, he has chosen this model as the best compromise.

I think he made the right choice.

:salute

It's a good compromise as far as performance is concerned.

Offline mako04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
So...about that sexy new Italian Fighter bomber.... :rock

That would MAHGA!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2018, 11:10:36 PM »
Hmm, the next topic?  :headscratch:

I'll take Bomb n Bailer's for 400 Alex.

:D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2018, 12:47:29 AM »
What was this thread about?  :bolt:
Making Aces High great.

You know whats not great? Collision model.

FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2018, 07:16:46 AM »
I did not say "trying"
In the current model, you do not get any collision damage if there is no collision on your screen. If you avoid the enemy, you won't get hurt by a collision (you still can get shot!)

So again, if you clearly avoid the enemy plane, you still want to get collision damage?

Just for illustration, here a typical asymetrical collision again:

(Image removed from quote.)
This P-47 pilot's view. Message reads "Lusche has collided with you" (P-51 pilot). Jug didn't get any damage, only the pony did.
"Both take damage" would mean the Jug would go down.

Very same moment on the Pony pilot's screen:
(Image removed from quote.)
Lusche all due respect we have been through this many times. I still personally think it sucks and have played other games I find use collision model more efficiently.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »
Krup used the same IL2 video as Jo back around 2014 to attack Hitech and try to pull players out of AH to IL2. And he gave the lack of a similar detailed damage graphics modeling as one of his reasons for not flying in AH. It's human nature to try to hurt someone by assuming the mantle of a righteous victim avenger when you feel hurt and rejected. It's easy with AH since one individual is AH, and that is Hitech. In the past when AH had numbers, the selling point was not graphics, it was the magic of hundreds of players fighting at the same time.

Both IL2 and WT have in essence a secondary game entertainment action film taking place called "damage model". It's quite extensive and detailed for a reason, lack of numbers. When you don't have numbers and large scale activity taking up the attention span of the customer, you have to fill in everything with detail. Right down to how you kiss the ground. Like how console games are neon eye candy worlds while the real action is not much different than 38 years ago when you paid 25 cents a go in a game center. Run, jump, left, right, gunsight on the other dudes face, blow the sucker away. All in 3D orgasmic eye candy crack cocaine while the underlying shootemup has not changed.

As for the AH collision function that rewards you destruction when you never saw your plane touch the enemy's plane. It kills me only when I try to pull my plane too close to the enemy I'm fighting. When I'm trying to be clever and slip past him by the skin of my teeth thinking I'll win by gaining angles first. There is ACM in an air combat simulator, then there is trying to be clever in a mosh pit called an airplane shootemup computer game. Personally what sucks, you are trying to avoid getting too close and you watch the weenie fighting you pull in too close. Then you loose your wing no matter how hard you were working to avoid a random collision just like that. Why didn't the function see I was doing everything to avoid triggering it while the weenie pulled his nose in to me and flew through me? That happens maybe once a tour and I may get towered once or twice the rest of the tour taking the risk of getting close to gain a kill.

Though, if I spend a tour hopping into every low and slow furball I can find, my random collisions go up becasue everyone one is flying late war monsters on the deck like WW1 biplanes. And we are all getting really close. Some of the biggest complainers about the collision function looked to me over the years to spend most of their time in the middle of those WW1 biplane style combat arcade sessions. And many were not happy with the graphics while they were stuck looking at it waiting to hit the ground to get back in the tower. Shades of IL2 and it's in flight damage model movie to entertain you until you hit the ground.

Bustr have you ever thought of writing a book?^^that was so eloquent. felt kinda felt like I was reading a story-seriously
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)