Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 38950 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »
We are all so proud of the open sandbox game play we have. Funny how it turns out we are fighting the same half dozen planes all the time. Not so big a sand box really.

This is part of being a sandbox and happens in most games I knew that are remotely similar. There's always some more 'effective' or popular tools than others. The only way to completely regulate it would be to remove large parts of the sandbox aspect.

Let's just look at the old MW arena. The popular LW muscle machines were totally absent, Spit VIII and Typhoon were perked. To many, the planeset was much more balanced than the LW one.
But still it was "the same half dozen planes all the time". In MW tour 100, the top 6 (out of 36 available) fighters made 52% of all fighter vs fighter kills. The top three shared 35% of all kills between them. A huge part of the planeset played only a minor role.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2019, 02:47:14 PM »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2019, 02:47:18 PM »
I already posted the stats in another thread.   You’re wrong.   But keep bleating.   

He actually beat you one tour with his real account anda practice shade.   (He got #1, too.).   You also thoroughly embarrassed me by getting slaughtered by him in the DA.   I can quote your excuse but I won’t. 

The only way you’ll have more #1s is by flying a ton more tours—against reduced competition (in part because he’s not here to whip you).    I keep trying to explain ratios but you’re not grasping it.

Extending and not coming back equals losing?    On what planet?    Some folks leave because they’re out of gas, out of ammo, or need to go to the can—among a million other reasons.   Besides, if you think you won then take your moral victory and go home rather than demand Hitech custom-build a game for your purposes.  (Or fly a Dora and show us all how it’s done.)

A. He lost the second duel against me that wasn't at 2am on a drunk Saturday. I'm sure you were thoroughly embarrassed.

B. I don't try for #1 every month, you claimed he was #1 more than me, which is false. Disregard all of the events like CC where I had a better record and Koth and FSO. Skyyr never had a great K/D which was his main scoring issue. That's mostly why he had to resort to to the fastest planes in the MA. Not sure why you ankle hump so much.

Its not my fault he was kicked for suspicious gameplay and abuse.

Im sorry that you aren't willing to make the game play more balanced by reducing usage for the easiest planes in the game. Yeah if all you can do is extend and come back when you lose advantage in your F16, I don't consider you that good. It's the easiest tactic and is only available when your free super plane happens to faster than 98% of the rest of the planes. I digress.

This is part of being a sandbox and happens in most games I knew that are remotely similar. There's always some more 'effective' or popular tools than others. The only way to completely regulate it would be to remove large parts of the sandbox aspect.

Let's just look at the old MW arena. The popular LW muscle machines were totally absent, Spit VIII and Typhoon were perked. To many, the planeset was much more balanced than the LW one.
But still it was "the same half dozen planes all the time". In MW tour 100, the top 6 (out of 36 available) fighters made 52% of all fighter vs fighter kills. The top three shared 35% of all kills between them. A huge part of the planeset played only a minor role.

This is basically what I am trying to solve by perking certain planes or figuring another way to reduce usage and putting people into lower eny planes. The top fighters of the war should not be so abundant and abused so that it's all everyone has to fly to compete.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2019, 02:53:51 PM »
This is basically what I am trying to solve by perking certain planes or figuring another way to reduce usage and putting people into lower eny planes. The top fighters of the war should not be so abundant and abused so that it's all everyone has to fly to compete.

And by moving the bar, it does nothing to change the behavior.  It only changes which planes are abundant and abused under the new rules.  If there are different choices, there are best choices.  What is so difficult about that?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2019, 02:54:38 PM »
last time I checked, everyone has the same opportunity to fly the airframes in question. With that being said, your decision to fly something different should include the knowledge that there are going to be people flying these types of planes. So, if you up in your preferred aircraft and you meet one of them in the skies it should come as no surprise.

Just like when you up a set of heavy buffs and you get bounced by a deuce. It's not an everyday occurrence but it is expected.

It has already been stated that the overall objective of this thread is to change the mentality of MA, which by the way, can not be changed through restriction of the tools used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2019, 02:56:55 PM »
And by moving the bar, it does nothing to change the behavior.  It only changes which planes are abundant and abused under the new rules.  If there are different choices, there are best choices.  What is so difficult about that?

Wiley.

The problem with that is it doesn't address his actual issue. You're just speaking to his rationalization. That's why he can't get it.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »
A. He lost the second duel against me that wasn't at 2am on a drunk Saturday. I'm sure you were thoroughly embarrassed.

B. I don't try for #1 every month, you claimed he was #1 more than me, which is false. Disregard all of the events like CC where I had a better record and Koth and FSO. Skyyr never had a great K/D which was his main scoring issue. That's mostly why he had to resort to to the fastest planes in the MA. Not sure why you ankle hump so much.

Its not my fault he was kicked for suspicious gameplay and abuse.

He didn’t try for #1 every month either, yet he had a higher percentage of his tours flown as #1 than you ever did.     You will only pass him in #1s by flying five times as many tours... 

Im sorry that you aren't willing to make the game play more balanced by reducing usage for the easiest planes in the game. Yeah if all you can do is extend and come back when you lose advantage in your F16, I don't consider you that good. It's the easiest tactic and is only available when your free super plane happens to faster than 98% of the rest of the planes. I digress.

Extending is a valid tactic.   If you don’t like it fly a faster plane.

(Insert your excuse here.)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 03:03:51 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2019, 03:27:47 PM »
Violater Vraciu foams at the mouth over Skyyr you don’t remember the video that Junky posted to the forums that showed Skyyr playing on his account lol? After junky posted it the video was quickly removed from Skyyrs YouTube channel.

You are literally wasting your time with this phony
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 03:29:29 PM by ACE »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »
last time I checked, everyone has the same opportunity to fly the airframes in question. With that being said, your decision to fly something different should include the knowledge that there are going to be people flying these types of planes. So, if you up in your preferred aircraft and you meet one of them in the skies it should come as no surprise.

Just like when you up a set of heavy buffs and you get bounced by a deuce. It's not an everyday occurrence but it is expected.

It has already been stated that the overall objective of this thread is to change the mentality of MA, which by the way, can not be changed through restriction of the tools used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to change the mentality of the MA. I want there to be less Uber super late war planes overall. Adding a small perk cost to Uber planes should be no big deal. Heck, I have 13K perks. I could fly a temp for the next 5 years and I can promise you the MA would not like that.

Wiley.

But you aren't understanding that less performance planes like the G14 for example would be used more but would be easier to fight against than Yak3 and 190Ds and spit16 because they have less performance. When the majority of the planes have relatively the same performance as indicated in Luches chart, the fights are better. If you had an arena that was 190Ds vs p51Bs. It wouldnt be very balanced at all. Top late war performance really does matter. I'm just trying to balance the rest of the fighters out in the MA.

The problem with that is it doesn't address his actual issue. You're just speaking to his rationalization. That's why he can't get it.

It's extremely logical and rational. Thats the entire point of having a perking eny system.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2019, 04:04:39 PM »
But you aren't understanding that less performance planes like the G14 for example would be used more but would be easier to fight against than Yak3 and 190Ds and spit16 because they have less performance. When the majority of the planes have relatively the same performance as indicated in Luches chart, the fights are better. If you had an arena that was 190Ds vs p51Bs. It wouldnt be very balanced at all. Top late war performance really does matter. I'm just trying to balance the rest of the fighters out in the MA.

So the Jug or 51B that never slows down and BnZs and runs from your G14 is somehow an improvement over the Dora that does the same thing, and the Dora that used to mix it up because it was free that now flies timid AF is also an improvement.

Right.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2019, 04:28:19 PM »
It's extremely logical and rational. Thats the entire point of having a perking eny system.

That's correct. You just haven't shown any reason to change it from what it is now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2019, 04:33:57 PM »
That's correct. You just haven't shown any reason to change it from what it is now.

Valid reason. there have been excuses.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2019, 04:40:08 PM »
I don't want to change the mentality of the MA. I want there to be less Uber super late war planes overall. Adding a small perk cost to Uber planes should be no big deal. Heck, I have 13K perks. I could fly a temp for the next 5 years and I can promise you the MA would not like that.

Your arrogance aside you have just destroyed your own argument.  (Or revealed its true purpose—to give yourself an advantage.)

I'm just trying to balance the rest of the fighters out in the MA.

Rolling planeset now!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 04:41:48 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »
So the Jug or 51B that never slows down and BnZs and runs from your G14 is somehow an improvement over the Dora that does the same thing, and the Dora that used to mix it up because it was free that now flies timid AF is also an improvement.

Right.

Wiley.

Ahh but you see the Jug or P51B cannot accel as quickly nor has even close to the same Top speed, therefore, a 109G14 would have a greater chance of catching it after diving on it compared to a 190D or La7 or Yak3 that skirt away and keep E a lot better. There is a difference! The Jug are Bpony are harder to escape the fight once they get low n slow. Also they have 50s which means you have to hit the enemy longer. That's the not case for the 190D and La7. There's a reason why the 190D has a better K/D with  2700 more kills than a Bpony. I am just confused how you don't see an imbalance there when it's right in the #s. I can guarantee that players won't fly more timidly but even if they did, there would be far less of them in the environment. Therefore, like the Temp and 4hog, it would be less prevalent and therefore less of a dominate plane. I don't see how a few perkies would hurt.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 04:51:31 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2019, 04:53:19 PM »
Ah, so you want the G14 perked, too!  :D