Author Topic: If your going to jump sides and shoot your own country, please dont come back.  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Red37

• Zinc Member
     Have a major problem with this. Offering help, check sixes, resupps, etc... If you want to change country's thats fine but don't make your main country's time a living hell. I'm writing down every one one of you and one day when the list is lenghty, I'm dropping all your traitor names here in hope nobody wants you around. When you change sides don't shoot at your home country.

I see the model making is picking up! At the moment working on a special edition Typhoon mk. Ib. Pictues of the build soon. Can't wait for the Bavaria do-over so someone can recieve the D9. I hate looking at it knowing I can't keep her.
-RED37-
Single Engine Rating, CAD Engineer, Museum quality model maker, Aces High Addict!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Don't be an idiot. It's perfectly OK to switch sides and shoot anyone you like.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Red your demand for people to have chess piece loyalty is unreasonable.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
     Have a major problem with this. Offering help, check sixes, resupps, etc... If you want to change country's thats fine but don't make your main country's time a living hell. I'm writing down every one one of you and one day when the list is lenghty, I'm dropping all your traitor names here in hope nobody wants you around. When you change sides don't shoot at your home country.

I see the model making is picking up! At the moment working on a special edition Typhoon mk. Ib. Pictues of the build soon. Can't wait for the Bavaria do-over so someone can recieve the D9. I hate looking at it knowing I can't keep her.

Many people play this game for action. If numbers are off they will shift sides to even out teams and make fights more exciting. They are some of the best folks for the game.

You might want to sit back, relax, and think about that awhile.... maybe put together one of your store bought models.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Give him an out. Like - haha, funny joke. Or - you almost had us, there. Or maybe - trolling for head slaps, I see.  :D

Online flippz

• Nickel Member
I think red is speaking of guys that switch from month to month and only concentrate on the side they are usually on. Then return at the end of the month flying at 27k deacking fields begging for some one to run supps or m3 for them.
I don’t believe he speaks of the guys that swap around a lot for fights.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
I think red is speaking of guys that switch from month to month and only concentrate on the side they are usually on. Then return at the end of the month flying at 27k deacking fields begging for some one to run supps or m3 for them.
I don’t believe he speaks of the guys that swap around a lot for fights.

Well, thanks for the psychic translation.  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Makes no difference at all.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Ever fly for Bishops in the morning or Rooks? 20v4v2 is no fun for anyone. More people need to switch.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
I never could understand the chess piece loyalty thing. Fly for the low side has been my motto even when there was more than one main arena.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Nothing wrong with loyalty to one side, it's only a problem when you want to impose that on other players.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Amen FLS... I stick with Rooks out of habit and loyalty...
I guess from the good old days when they allowed RJO, BJO
and KJO... but those days have been gone for quite awhile  :frown:
And yet I still come back… maybe allowing the joint ops to come back
will at least get the numbers up  :rock
Ram
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
POTW swapped to bish on Friday night becasue the last month and a half have been pretty much ENY heck. 12 of us were on and that evened ENY out for the arena and we did our favorite thing, broke toys and red boys in late war rides we hadn't been able to play in much for past month and a half. Saturday we went back rooks and weeeeee, ENY heck was back. POTW members have been around long enough we can make due with garbage rides against 262, dora, 152, spit16, P51D, P47M and so forth. It's more like working a bad day job than having fun for $14.95.

We don't pay Hitech $14.95 for the pleasure of getting our teeth kicked in by greifers who know we are stuck flying garbage planes against their late war rides. Since the max population during prime time is more often 120 customers across three countries, maybe Hitech, reduce the minimum ENY trigger from the 400 customers a night setting. Why do I say greifers, once the 12 of us were bish and back in late war rides, we no longer had the garbage ride problems towering other late war rides. Shades of the good ride side garbage ride side problem with FSO scenario's.

We have a POTW member who logged rather than switch to bish becasue he has very long standing issues with some bish players and didn't want to be around them. That is an unspoken reason customers have such virulent country loyalty, along with not wanting to fight their friends. Team player type personalities have those kinds of loyalty traits. Solo players don't and the MA is still biased in numbers towards the team player personalities. POTW has been Kinghts and Rooks for 15 years and in both countries customers refused to jump to other countries becasue of personal disliking of other players and their feelings about being a member of a team. It did not matter even when those disliked players were not logged on and it would have helped ease ENY for that night. Loyalty to friends and team were more important than ENY. That's why the rooks and knights will suffer 30+ ENY over and over again.  Friday night the MA sucked for everyone until we switched, no one in POTW has friends on the bish side, we do have friends on the knight side. Originally we switched to rooks after 10 years becasue the knights refused to address being in ENY heck for months. Now the rooks are doing the same thing.

When the MA is down to 120 from 400 customers a night, especially with the numbers of long time customers making up the core of that 120, the reason for sticking to ones long time freinds is why Hitech still has 120 customers during prime time. They are friends and the game is their social media app. Being with longtime friends trumps ENY heck, they can tough it out becasue they are together suffering it. I don't think newer customers have that kind of bond or any understanding of that kind of toughness to keep them here.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
I solicit myself quite a bit. I'm only able to play for 5 or 6 days a month due to work so I go to where the fight is. I don't care if it's against my squads country. I enjoy the rage PMs from the guys that take the game too serious. Those are the ones that I remember when they're calling for help.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 05:16:40 PM by Pluto »