Author Topic: AI base defenders  (Read 7620 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
AI base defenders
« on: February 05, 2020, 06:14:16 AM »

Apologize if already suggested.....

When attacking a base that is not being defended - AI defenders are generated by the app to oppose the attackers.

It would sense what is needed based off the attacking unit types and spawn a couple of each.

Particular unit types could be random so you would not know what defenders you would be facing.

Crank up the AI to ace in some and novice in others.

This would provide additional action when the numbers are low and or the map too large IMHO.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: AI base defenders
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 06:56:42 AM »
...but...but...but then you couldn't sneak a base...

+1.  Never heard this before, and don't know if it's even possible.  But I like it.

- oldman

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 06:57:52 AM »
That's a cool idea.

Do you think that the Auto-AAA and flak should have it's accuracy ramped for these bases as well?

:salute
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:44:02 AM »
I'd guess that most players who attack undefended bases are trying to sneak or divert forces -- not just looking for something to shoot at.

Maybe have an uncapturable base in each country that would spawn AI against friendlies for players who can't find a fight.

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »
Ok .... +1.  :O

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 12:13:02 PM »
All fields should have AI designed for defense based on what is still operational. VH for both flak and tanks. FH for scramble fighters when radar is breached by enemy. BH for scramble bombers to target maproom and bomb to prevent capture. 

Is this feasible?  If it is, then the action would be intensified.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 12:34:37 PM »

+1

I'd even go further and suggest (if coding allows it) that everytime a base changes hands, random outposts spawn around the base, capable of engaging enemy GV forces until the human cavalry arrives, or until they are overwhelmed/defeated.  I suspect a lot of the GV oriented players have the base layouts practically memorized, so they know exactly where to go and where to stop when they get near or on a GV base.
Camouflage them, give them effective weaponry, make the attackers work for the base captures when they go after an undefended base.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 02:10:19 PM »

+1

I'd even go further and suggest (if coding allows it) that everytime a base changes hands, random outposts spawn around the base, capable of engaging enemy GV forces until the human cavalry arrives, or until they are overwhelmed/defeated.  I suspect a lot of the GV oriented players have the base layouts practically memorized, so they know exactly where to go and where to stop when they get near or on a GV base.
Camouflage them, give them effective weaponry, make the attackers work for the base captures when they go after an undefended base.

Best WL discussion ever.  :aok :cheers:

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 02:22:24 PM »
I like this thread! +1

I like the idea from another of AI bomber formations as perk options.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 03:29:16 PM »

Awesome!  +1 Great thinking out of the same 'ole same 'ole box.

One technical issue that would need to be addressed as I mentioned in another thread, https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,398917.0.html

Currently the AI missions system only has the concept of two sides.  You are Bish or Knight/ Axis or Allied.  Mainly because that is left over tech from the Combat Tour product that was going to be, of course, two-sided.

But I agree, I'd like to see more AI augmentation to add more activity and interest in the arena.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 04:12:44 PM »

+1

Kind of like AT guns lying in wait?  Maybe one large AT gun, with one or two smaller ones and a single 20-40mm cannon for softer targets?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »
Kind of like AT guns lying in wait?  Maybe one large AT gun, with one or two smaller ones and a single 20-40mm cannon for softer targets?

Exactly.  Spawned at random locations whenever a base changes hands, camouflaged, and hard to detect.  Preferably in tree lines, hedgerows, etc.  The primary purpose being to engage the attackers until human defenders get on the scene, and I guess a secondary one would be to funnel the GV movements in such a way to ensure engagement.  No more sneaking around. 
Probably a lot of coding for HiTech, but I think he might enjoy the challenge. 

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 08:51:12 AM »
But I agree, I'd like to see more AI augmentation to add more activity and interest in the arena.

Not sure why anyone would pay $15 a month the fight AI.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 09:11:56 AM »

That would help when 25 players are logged onto the game.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 09:41:41 AM »

You have AI flak and AA now.  You have bomber drones.  Fleets are given paths just like in the Mission Editor and the AI takes it from there.

Are you going to quit now?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:16:23 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.