Author Topic: Sullly Day  (Read 8198 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sullly Day
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2021, 09:17:51 PM »
Nail on the head there.   :rofl

Coogan

How many hours in jets do you have?  Just curious.   And I'm not even gonna ask you if you have a type rating--in anything--or even know what one is.

*Mic Drop*

:rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2021, 09:19:41 PM »
I believe you'd be happier if the plane had crashed and nobody survived.
Is your life that bitter?

Coogan

The guy stalking me all over this forum for years just to insult me--for absolutely NO reason--is asking if *I* am bitter?   Time to adjust the self-awareness setting.

Irony, why are you so delicious?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 09:27:09 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2021, 09:32:58 PM »
The guy stalking me all over this forum for years just to insult me--for absolutely NO reason--is asking if *I* am bitter?   Time to adjust the self-awareness setting.

Irony, why are you so delicious?

To answer your question that you PM'd me.  I don't care if you re-post anything that I already posted.
Kinda redundant, but knock your socks off.  Enjoy yourself.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2021, 09:35:22 PM »
To answer your question that you PM'd me.  I don't care if you re-post anything that I already posted.
Kinda redundant, but knock your socks off.  Enjoy yourself.

Coogan

You didn't answer my question and why would I repost anything?  You are doing a bang up job on your own in this very thread.

So.....

You never answered my question.    How many hours in jets do you have?

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2021, 09:37:56 PM »
You didn't answer my question and why would I repost anything?  You are doing a bang up job on your own in this very thread.

So.....

You never answered my question.    How many hours in jets do you have?

Did I ever claim to have flown a jet? (since you monitor my posts, this should be an easy one for you..)

Coogan
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 09:41:54 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2021, 10:00:31 PM »
Did I ever claim to have flown a jet? (since you monitor my posts, this should be an easy one for you..)

Coogan

Answer the question.  How many hours in jets do you have?  It's a very simple one.  I have over ten thousand.  How many do you have?
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2021, 10:07:11 PM »
Answer the question.  How many hours in jets do you have?  It's a very simple one.  I have over ten thousand.  How many do you have?

Do you have some mental issues you'd like to talk about?  sbs or something like that happened in your past that you're trying to deal with?

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2021, 10:10:23 PM »
Do you have some mental issues you'd like to talk about?  sbs or something like that happened in your past that you're trying to deal with?

Coogan

Don't deflect.   You like to make snarky comments at my expense.   So let's hear how many hours in jets you have.   

*Crickets*
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2021, 11:15:54 PM »
Simulators can do things you’ll never see in real life until it happens the first time.   By then it may be too late.   And frankly, simulators can be much harder to fly than the real thing.   

Risked nothing?    I risk my career every time I step foot in a simulator. 

I found this statement quite inciteful. I do have a significant number of flying hours and I can't understand "career risk" from a simulator.
I see those in a sales job facing real career jeopardy if they don't maintain a steady improvement in their sales numbers. I see those in executive positions fearing for their careers should the Board of Directors notice a failure to reduce costs or increase productivity.
But every professional pilot I ever worked with looked forward to practicing and honing their skills in the simulator. And as to the checkride... it was nothing more than a chance to show that you can do what you might need to do for real tomorrow in the airplane... to show that you can do your job.

Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2021, 06:58:57 AM »
Ignorant because his political views do not align with yours? How... :old:

Ignorant as in made up pipe dream.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2021, 08:13:03 AM »
I'm just waiting for the story about the Scorpion Sting and secret F-16 missions over Baghdad.  :D
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
I found this statement quite inciteful. I do have a significant number of flying hours and I can't understand "career risk" from a simulator.
'
I guess American companies have higher standards than Canadian ones.   Every time I take a check ride it is a jeopardy event that can result in the loss of my license/qualification should I fail.   And since I'm also an instructor, TCE, and Captain on multiple types I can count my annual jeopardy events on two hands.  This doesn't count the uncountable legs I fly where my career/life are on the line when I say, "Check Thrust."

*mic drop*

But every professional pilot I ever worked with looked forward to practicing and honing their skills in the simulator. And as to the checkride... it was nothing more than a chance to show that you can do what you might need to do for real tomorrow in the airplane... to show that you can do your job.

I know of nobody who enjoys their check ride.   The standards here are strict, particularly in 121.   One error can ruin you. 

My dad was a 737 Captain with well over 30,000 hours.  He was the finest pilot I've ever known and he never once enjoyed check rides. 

You've been out of the game too long. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 09:11:59 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2021, 09:07:38 AM »
Ignorant as in made up pipe dream.

Thank you.   Exactly correct.   As was your prior post.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 09:09:28 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2021, 11:05:37 AM »
'
I guess American companies have higher standards than Canadian ones.   Every time I take a check ride it is a jeopardy event that can result in the

And since I'm also an instructor, TCE, and Captain on multiple types I can count my annual jeopardy events on two hands.  This doesn't count the uncountable legs I fly where my career/life are on the line when I say, "Check Thrust."

*mic drop*

I know of nobody who enjoys their check ride.   The standards here are strict, particularly in 121.   One error can ruin you. 

My dad was a 737 Captain with well over 30,000 hours.  He was the finest pilot I've ever known and he never once enjoyed check rides. 

You've been out of the game too long.

I'm not surprised that you would suggest that American standards exceed those of other advanced nations.

"loss of my license/qualification should I fail." - I would counter that if the pilot, or his instructor, or his employer believe there is any possibility of failure, then that pilot has no place in the organization.
A check ride by the very regulations, can contain no tricks and only requires that candidate to demonstrate essentially correct responses to a number of abnormals or emergencies. Grounds for failure are limited to Loss of Control of the Aircraft/Simulator; Violation of applicable Air Regulations; Incorrect response to an abnormal or emergency procedure; or failure to respond to an abnormal or emergency situation. You may have forgotten that I too was an instructor/check pilot likely long before you entered the industry.

One last comment on your obvious slight to Canadian Pilot Standards. "and Captain on multiple types". Canadian aviation regulations 705 governs large commercial operations in the same way FAA Part 121 does for you. One major exception is that Canadian regulations prohibit pilots from maintaining qualification on multiple types believing that it has the potential to contribute to cockpit errors.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »
I'm not surprised that you would suggest that American standards exceed those of other advanced nations.

"loss of my license/qualification should I fail." - I would counter that if the pilot, or his instructor, or his employer believe there is any possibility of failure, then that pilot has no place in the organization.

No, it implies that anyone can make a mistake on any day and inadvertently bust a pass/fail limit.   I guarantee you that anyone can be placed into a position of failure by a rabid check airman.   I've seen it happen. 

I just showed my co-Captain (a retired Check Airman with 25+ years in 121) what you wrote and I won't be able to publish what he said.   But basically he says you're full of something.  He also hated taking Check Rides.

"I can bust anybody in a sim.  I can bust Chuck Yeager in a sim."   His [printable] words.

A check ride by the very regulations, can contain no tricks and only requires that candidate to demonstrate essentially correct responses to a number of abnormals or emergencies. Grounds for failure are limited to Loss of Control of the Aircraft/Simulator; Violation of applicable Air Regulations; Incorrect response to an abnormal or emergency procedure; or failure to respond to an abnormal or emergency situation. You may have forgotten that I too was an instructor/check pilot likely long before you entered the industry.

Apparently you weren't paying attention then and it must have been a LONG time ago because I've been at this for quite awhile.    I could bust you any time I wanted without any tricks.   It's not hard to do that to someone.   And if you think it doesn't happen you're living in a fantasy world.  Thankfully, I am ethical, empathetic, and realistic and would not do such a thing--even to one of my detractors on this forum.

I can bust you for anything that does not meet the standards for the FAA ATP as a Captain.  Steep turns, stalls, etc. are all fair game and some of the parameters are subjective.  As I said, I guess American standards are higher/tighter or more arcane, whatever term works better.

One last comment on your obvious slight to Canadian Pilot Standards. "and Captain on multiple types". Canadian aviation regulations 705 governs large commercial operations in the same way FAA Part 121 does for you. One major exception is that Canadian regulations prohibit pilots from maintaining qualification on multiple types believing that it has the potential to contribute to cockpit errors.

All the more reason why you do not comprehend the reality of my profession and circumstances.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 12:44:56 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned