Author Topic: The world's latest air force  (Read 4528 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The world's latest air force
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 04:21:51 PM »
America went in there bright eyed and bushy tailed ignoring everything that happened to other people who went in there over and over and over again.
And guess what? It happened again. It's on them and the way their country has been 'ruled.'
I'd think if you had an idea the country you were in was going to have a pull out like that sometime, I'd want to get out of Dodge sooner than later and not wait until the last second.

We had to get out of there sometime and it was past due. The guy who got us out finally was going to have to eat the 'tastiest' turd in that crap sandwich of s situation.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2021, 04:54:35 PM »
Maybe the Afghans will set up a national holiday...

Go out and party hard and be incredibly obnoxious and "Patriotic" in interactions with their former overlords.

Yes I can see it now... Call it, Independence Day. And celebrate it like it matters every year.

Maybe even fly their new toys over a parade or a camel race.

:banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2021, 08:07:17 PM »
   It's not like the Taliban is going to organize and form a standing army or air force. They will sell off most of the stuff for millions of dollars to fund their friends in the terrorism business. The thousands of small arms and night vision equipment will also come in quite handy. It's going to go down in history as one of the worst military blunders ever.
   They pulled out with no warning to our Allies around the world who had people there also. They Lied about the Ghost Afgan army that had 300000 troops on the books but evaporated like water in that filthy dessert.
   The US could have taken over the security of Kabul but allowed The deaths of Troops and a hundred more.

Blood will continue to flow from these mistakes. Bless our troops that have to follow lousy orders.  :salute

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2021, 09:31:13 PM »

They pulled out with no warning to our Allies around the world who had people there also. They Lied about the Ghost Afgan army that had 300000 troops on the books but evaporated like water in that filthy dessert.
   The US could have taken over the security of Kabul but allowed The deaths of Troops and a hundred more.

Blood will continue to flow from these mistakes. Bless our troops that have to follow lousy orders.  :salute

what do you mean no warning too our allies.  i knew about it since last year, in November it was decided that troops would be reduced to 2500 by jan 15, complete withdrawal by may 1. it was extended to August 31.

hard to believe other nations knew nothing about it.  it was a controversial deal at the time, but hey over 2400 dead, thousands wounded. Afghani government was corrupt. why stick around.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2021, 07:07:07 AM »
2400 dead... something I never understood...

PTSD continues to kill 1000's a year.
.I think all of the deaths caused by a war should be counted but that might make too much sense and show a true cost

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2021, 10:52:11 AM »
Then a treaty with the Taliban should never have been negotiated and signed by a self aggrandizing President who wanted to have the Taliban leadership come to Camp David on 9/11...........just sayin....
Your right we should just continue on with the Military Industrial Complex dictating foreign policy, worked out pretty well for them so far.  Billions earned in government contracts, nothing gained, nothing lost.  20 years of war with minimal dead, yea US.  Life's perfect.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2021, 03:17:11 PM »

Just a huge waste of everything that you would think would make every American boiling mad.

Eagler

We could continue to waste resources and money on Afghanistan for 5 more years, I guess? These aircraft will become scrap metal soon once any one part becomes damaged.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2021, 03:21:48 PM »
2400 dead... something I never understood...

PTSD continues to kill 1000's a year.
.I think all of the deaths caused by a war should be counted but that might make too much sense and show a true cost

Eagler
One Thousand's what?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2021, 03:36:07 PM »
the last 13 servicemen that died had barely been born when the war started.

semp

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2021, 04:53:11 PM »
   The thousands of small arms and night vision equipment will also come in quite handy. It's going to go down in history as one of the worst military blunders ever.

Oh I don't know about that.... if the 50000+ dead in Vietnam could talk....
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2021, 05:37:27 PM »

Publius Quinctilius Varus:  "Hold my beer..."

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2021, 03:23:38 PM »

Publius Quinctilius Varus:  "Hold my beer..."

Ouch, that's a burn... and a classical one too  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2021, 03:04:24 PM »

And yet, you mock me when I say these people should be hung for their war crimes using American children for their foreign wars... certainly is amazing how you think we should give them a pass and defend them while the same people in the CFR like Henry Kissenger and Rockefeller cabal continue to sell weapons for drugs and oil leading to 93K American overdose deaths a year and another failed foreign war in the middle east... but I digress.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 03:06:11 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2021, 04:06:18 PM »
And yet, you mock me when I say these people should be hung for their war crimes using American children for their foreign wars... certainly is amazing how you think we should give them a pass and defend them while the same people in the CFR like Henry Kissenger and Rockefeller cabal continue to sell weapons for drugs and oil leading to 93K American overdose deaths a year and another failed foreign war in the middle east... but I digress.

me thinks you don't know what a war crime is.

and using your logic, we should just stop gun manufacturers from making guns.  no guns to sell, no drugs imported. that way 93k people won't die from using drugs.

I wonder what the cartels will do when they figure out that kissinger and rockerfeller are cutting into their profits. I'm thinking like ending of scarface.

semp

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2021, 05:14:38 PM »
here we go again.... :O