Author Topic: Hanoi Jane  (Read 4039 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Re: Hanoi Jane
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2022, 07:47:28 AM »

The Vietnam war should never have happened

The Vietnamese should have been given their freedom from the French when they fought against the Japanese during WW2 as promised..but way too many military complex $$$ to ignore there...just like the latest few "wars"

Eagler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2022, 08:01:21 AM »
Your link starts late...after the french withdrawal in the 50's

The French should not have been in Vietnam after ww2 but just couldn't stay away..until they had lost enough soldiers for basically nothing...then the US jumped in to have her turn...

...at least it didn't last 20 years like our latest ones...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2022, 08:12:31 AM »
Your link starts late...after the french withdrawal in the 50's

Eagler

There is links and 'Background'.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2022, 08:16:16 AM »
Thanks, Milo. How did you find that place? Wikipedia is it called?

:rolleyes:

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2022, 08:35:20 AM »
When Roosevelt died on April 12, 1945, so did any resolve by the US government to prevent a French return to Vietnam. His successor, Harry Truman, was more concerned with stability in a postwar Europe than with dismantling French colonial rule in Indochina.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/vietnam/hist-wwii-jap.htm

The post ww2 land reorg provided the ground work for future conflict we have been enduring since

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2022, 09:03:20 AM »
What she did is inexcusable. Treason punishable by death.

There's a good segue into January 6th, Ukrainian quid pro quo, and holding secret documents as a citizen.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2022, 09:58:58 AM »
We all did stupid things when we were younger.  Should we be judged for them for the rest of our life?

Maybe mine were more stupid than most but I'm not that guy anymore.

Just say'n.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2022, 11:07:34 AM »
Leopards and spots.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2022, 11:13:56 AM »
Yep, we all did stupid things. True.

How many of us did stupid things that resulted in severe beatings and injuries to our fellow countrymen?

I was in UPT with two gentlemen that stayed at the Hanoi Hilton. Both reported that severe beatings by guards massively increased during <spit> Hanoi Jane's <spit> visit to North Vietnam. These resulted in injuries to the inmates that stayed with them for years after repatriation. Post visit, the beatings significantly decreased.

Yep. I'm going to judge her for that for the rest of her days.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2022, 11:53:20 AM »
Yep, that visit was a truly bone-headed idea by a silly empty headed little celebrity girl getting in way over her head.

Salute to all those service men, especially those who had to endure years of captivity.  Even if their country was in the wrong, that is not their call to make (outside of a ballot box) and their personal sacrifice and heroism is without question.

Of course I know a guy who would roll his eyes and state he "prefers heroes who didn't get captured, OK?"

Should that guy get judged harshly as well for his unforgivable disrespect of our POW veterans?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 12:22:15 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2022, 12:15:30 PM »
I can respect a man for his service and still think he’s an a-hole.  Same goes for POWs.  Or are they incapable of being flawed individuals?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2022, 12:20:16 PM »
I can respect a man for his service and still think he’s an a-hole.  Same goes for POWs.  Or are they incapable of being flawed individuals?

So you're OK with casting shame on all the POW veterans for their imprisonment?  Like for some reason getting captured was their fault or something?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2022, 12:34:09 PM »
Wonder, who it was spitting on those that returned?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2022, 12:39:28 PM »
Wonder, who it was spitting on those that returned?

Sounds like you'd be OK with that.

You also prefer heroes who weren't captured?

What a patriot.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2022, 12:42:43 PM »
Yep, that visit was a truly bone-headed idea by a silly empty headed little celebrity girl getting in way over her head.

Salute to all those service men, especially those who had to endure years of captivity.  Even if their country was in the wrong, that is not their call to make (outside of a ballot box) and their personal sacrifice and heroism is without question.

Of course I know a guy who would roll his eyes and state he "prefers heroes who didn't get captured, OK?"

Should that guy get judged harshly as well for his unforgivable disrespect of our POW veterans?

Why is it that you and others can't talk about an issue without "Orange Man Bad" becoming involved? I believe that sort of thing is called deflecting.

Stay on topic please.  :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.