Author Topic: Someone's definition of success...  (Read 5153 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Someone's definition of success...
« on: September 26, 2022, 02:21:35 PM »
Getting off topic even by my standards in the other thread...

I've had quite a few one on ones with the judge. he hunts as I do.  Many in a Yak co alt with him. Quite a few when  I had the altitude and the smash. In all with the exception of a tie, I have died.  My thing is I really like fighting the pilots that own  me. 

Then you fly to challenge yourself & improve and you certainly don't fly like he does. Judge is not a hunter he's a scavenger who looks for easy kills, HOes on any co-e merge exploiting his laggy connection and dives away, seeks weak prey already engaged, outnumbered, lower, and or slower. The moment he senses danger of loss of advantage he's nose-down to extend as fast as he can, either to ack or friendlies or to climb back out of range and return later to rinse and repeat. His flying has not advanced one bit in years. He has not, and cannot improve his flying and has long since-displaced any illusion of that with the self-delusion that 'success' <- his term by-the-way (his score he means), is unchallengeable. Even arguing on channel 200 that he's 'better' than people who clearly have ACM a good magnitude above him. Is no longer able to discern that his 'success' is environmentally exploitative, and if everone flew like he did, the MA would be empty in a week.

He's like a deluded, mindless, rigid, automaton, endlessly looping through the same flowchart over and over again for endless hours per month trying to sooth an ego so fragile that can't stand any criticism at all, accurate or not.

And in anticipation of the standard: "It's his $15, he can play any way he wants": sure, he absolutely can and just consider how many people's gameplay he's systematically ruined with his selfish approach, and finally let's not have any delusion about his modus operandi. Let's call a spade a spade, shall we.

All of that ^ as Zack would have said, fact*. Please do point out where my observations are incorrect.

*Probably a bad idea to insult my friend Stig this evening on channel 200, eh Judge?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Re: Someone's definition of success...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 02:39:38 PM »
I am somewhat curious/skeptical about this topic.

Don't think I'll fly when a certain individual is online.

Il-2 and DCS for me at those times.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:51:44 PM »
Nrshida what's your handle and what time can you be found in ma?

Sounds like you have a hard on for thejudge...

Need to see your technique as it must be pure a2a with no hoing or running...

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 02:52:23 PM »
You know everybody has a different idea what they think is fun. You think that he's deluded just because that's what he wants to do in a game that he pays for?
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 03:06:20 PM »
So far, in my experience.. The op has presented an opinion on how he feels everyone should act in every sitch.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 03:57:18 PM »

Sounds like you have a hard on for thejudge...

Eagler

I have to agree with another pilot that owns me.  :D And for the life of me I can't fly a 109 either..

You went off on him on 200 today also. I really don't understand.

Out of the 90 plus kills of me, he has never talked smack.  He might say "Good morning poopy" I have never seen him talk smack on 200 unless attacked there. Which tend to have the same players anytime they die in flames..

Flying Bish anytime you call out for help, if he's in the area he comes gunnin.

But if you are out and about and see a high 190, you better have your big boy pants on because he does not miss.

All co-alt merges I have had with him he is diving for speed as I do also. After that pass the fight is on. I've had great fights with him even though I die. Others were embarrassing  ;)

Flying Bish I search for him or Silent as they find the fights. And your conception of how he flys is incorrect.   

As far as diving out when you lose the advantage ?  What would you suggest flying a Dora ?  Really, what would you suggest as an alternative ? I like to learn.

Play the game, don't join the small group that insists on talking smack on 200 when they lose...OR win.

The majority of us players are far to old for that.

<S>
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 05:25:23 PM »
I have to agree with another pilot that owns me.  :D And for the life of me I can't fly a 109 either..

Out of the 90 plus kills of me, he has never talked smack.  He might say "Good morning poopy" I have never seen him talk smack on 200 unless attacked there. Which tend to have the same players anytime they die in flames..

Flying Bish anytime you call out for help, if he's in the area he comes gunnin.

But if you are out and about and see a high 190, you better have your big boy pants on because he does not miss.

All co-alt merges I have had with him he is diving for speed as I do also. After that pass the fight is on. I've had great fights with him even though I die. Others were embarrassing  ;)

Flying Bish I search for him or Silent as they find the fights. And your conception of how he flys is incorrect.   

As far as diving out when you lose the advantage ?  What would you suggest flying a Dora ?  Really, what would you suggest as an alternative ? I like to learn.

Play the game, don't join the small group that insists on talking smack on 200 when they lose...OR win.

The majority of us players are far to old for that.

<S>

That sums it up for me, in  Fighter, bomber or gv. Well said nopoop.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 06:56:30 PM »
Good points of view expressed. That's  great.

I flew once again today as a Knit...great fun. Was killed alot but it was fun with good fights. I got my money's worth.

This is still the best one out here. Cry and whine...you can't find anything better.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 12:45:45 AM »

Eagler doesn't like me because I once said something critical about him I should imagine.

My motivation is simple and does not involve my reproductive organs. TheJudge smack-talked a friend after killing him in a ganging and since English is not his first language, I stuck up for him. Here, some home truths.

There are and have been way better Dora pilots who don't take one swing and run. That aircraft is well disposed to vertical-fighting, which Judge can't do either, because his spatial-awareness is deficient. But wonder for a minute what dictated what: plane-choice or tactics.

nrshida, somewhere around 10-a.m. - 19.00-p.m. CET some days of the week if you want to teach me a lesson.

Need to see your technique as it must be pure a2a with no hoing or running...

Frankly, taking a confrontational stance for poor reasons imho means that you forfeit any reasonable technical discussion thereafter. Yes I have some films of TheJudge somewhere around evidencing my argument. I'll try to dig those up later in the week anyone's actually really interested in ACM. I'm not intolerant of other approaches. I like to fight really skillful BnZers for example but there aren't many left now. This is about deriding another player, insulting and devaluing them when you don't have a leg to stand on yourself.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 07:49:06 AM »
I have nothing against you as I don't recall you in ma

I do know who thejudge is

You fly the plane as designed..

I don't ho in a 109f but given the right chance I will open up at a 1k ho in a 109g2 with gonds and win 85% of them

Faster planes shouldn't slow down and try to turn fight a slower more maneuverable plane unless they want to die

Yes we can go into da ..please ping me if you see me in ma

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 08:00:17 AM »

This is still the best one out here. Cry and whine...you can't find anything better.

Come fly some DCS in the Enigma server.

Cold War setup.

reminded me of AH2 days
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 08:01:15 AM »
people complaining about how other people choose to play =  pointless.

Fugitive was deriding me the other day because I was in a Dora and a F4u was running me down, caught me and killed me. I guess Fugitive was behind the F4U and he was mad that I didn't turn and fight. I'm not even sure what he was angry about. I had to ask him to leave me alone.

I don't care if someone in a faster plane runs away. who cares?

There are not many 1v1 fights to be had. People will pick you off while you are engaged. Who cares? People just want to shoot other planes down and have fun however they have fun. No need to analyze it or complain.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2022, 10:52:27 AM »
I have quite the collection of both laggy "wtf how did he hit me?" films and film of him doing exactly as nrshida states.

I never question that his shots are invalid from his perspective, but his serious lag makes it very difficult to engage when he's an outlier hiding behind others. 

If you know it's him - he's easy, but if you guess wrong you just set yourself up for an easier death making a too early move. 

This is the advantage he acquires as more skilled pilots make their moves based on visual cues (based on the average connections) and the visual cues are completely out of phase with average connections.   Those without a clue think he's some awesome marksman when it's nothing more than his lag messing with them.  Those with a clue have learned to avoid his area in general, or if they know it's him, make the needed adjustments to send him running. 

He's an inherent runner - typical FWeenie we've seen thru the ages but it's his time to shine behind numbers advantage where in the past there would be too many enemies in the skies for him to engage as successfully as he does now.

Yes I have some films of TheJudge somewhere around evidencing my argument. I'll try to dig those up later in the week anyone's actually really interested in ACM. I'm not intolerant of other approaches. I like to fight really skillful BnZers for example but there aren't many left now.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2022, 12:49:43 PM »
Shane help me out here. I understand net lag with all having a good connection. I don't understand a laggy connection how it becomes an advantage.  I would think there would be warping which I see occasionally with planes.  Maybe once a day with one particular plane.  Though there have been days where it is more prevalent.

Do you mean a slow connection compared to the average connnection speed ?  If so, walk me through it so I can understand how that becomes an advantage.

A film with an explanation would help. How it changes the dynamic on a co-alt merge etc.

BTW when flying a dora which I suck at, I'm a FW weenie  :D
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2022, 01:49:34 PM »
Faster planes shouldn't slow down and try to turn fight a slower more maneuverable plane unless they want to die

Perhaps you could extend me the courtesy to grant that I know all about the pitching of relative attributes and style already. Do people think I can't BnZ, or energy fight, or stall-fight? I can do all of those things and styles not formalised, all mixed together and appropriate to opponents & situation. I will extend also from a better-turning opponent if he joins a fight for an easy kill or conspires to catch me sub-e for just long enough to establish an energy-building advantage, because I'm not an idiot, as dictated by any combat manual you care to read. That's not the same as running a sector so you can start your picking routine from a fresh, safe position. I'm sure I don't have to explain that difference to any student of ACM.

I admire skill and the work it took to get it. Then along comes lazy-arsed ubernoobs who can't even BnZ properly, just a hit and run picker using his score to berate others who play a more self-challenging way <- criticising other's playing style, through brandishing their score, which means the same as the method you used to get it - absolutely nothing.

The following not directed at you Eagler, but some other people's comprehension of both concepts and the actual text is woefully deficient. It's a one page thread so-far and people are raising points I've already raised and answered. It's almost as if the text is random symbols if it wasn't what you are prejudiced to seeing. If you don't understand the topic try reading and understanding instead of banging on the soundbyte sampler. "It's his $15". Try to maybe think about things a bit and especially their consequences. All I ever see on Channel 200 is complaints about gameplay. I've heard now in the last 24-hours from five players who say they'll just avoid him. That means they'll mostly log and consider the merit of their subscription. Do. The. Math.

Yes thanks Shane for the reality-check. Starting to wonder if I'd stumbled into the Twiglett Zone here. My films are not of Judge's elastic connection, I failed to film those, plus I think you'd need both perspectives to make a convincing argument and he's hardly likely to help illustrate the magnitude of his easy-modeness. They were mostly about his deficient ACM to highlight the decoupling between score and quality of airmanship, as you already described.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-