Author Topic: Someone's definition of success...  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Someone's definition of success...
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2022, 07:29:23 PM »
I love to fly and fight in almost any airplane

Good to have folks like you here, Dieter!

- oldman

Online dieter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2022, 08:37:28 PM »
You too Oldman!  <S>

Dieter

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2022, 09:44:37 PM »
Howdy Oldman, great to see you kicking about. I'm not currently playing AH but always thinking about it. I've been getting my fix recently in DCS with VR and some WWII modules. Not much of an online game there but the overall immersion is on a whole new level. I don't even want to admit how much the rig cost to run DCS in VR.

lots of love to you
S!

Storm of war was where WW2 was at last year but 4YA took it over.  Still get a good euro crowd (30 to 50) evenings and weekends.   I've been spending this year doing up the house, so going to fly some more now it's largely done.  Spitfire mk 9 still owns all Luftdweebs that enter any sort of turn :banana:  :airplane:  :joystick:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2022, 06:31:27 PM »
Right. So they are flying smart. Most of those planes are not going to last long in a turn and burn fight. If they're good they'll bnz and use energy fighting.

Also, no one is precluded from getting a plane that is just as fast.

When I'm in a Spit (pink) I don't cry when a pony refuses to turn with me and instead gets away with his speed and maybe comes back with more alt. I also do not mind one bit when someone  "runs to his friends"

I don't understand the mentality of anyone who get's upset at how someone else decides to enjoy the game.

If everyone "flew smart" the game wouldn't be fun. Everyone flying in 190Ds BnZ or flying their spit16 and Yak 3 super fighters. It's not good for the game. I'd like to see them "fly smart" in a 109g2 or Ki84, spit9, or hell, even a 190A5 or a nice midwar plane. When vets fly these super planes in droves it just defeats the purpose. I have no choice but to give them a hard time in hopes they will understand their easy mode style is a detriment to the game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2022, 07:51:55 AM »
And this is why mid war was the best room in ah when it existed imo and many others...

I would be all for a rebrand...early and mid war planes only

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2022, 08:36:19 AM »
I'd like to see them "fly smart" in a 109g2 or Ki84, spit9...

:rofl :aok
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2022, 01:25:50 PM »
So what is the solution you guys desire? Get rid of fast planes? Maybe limit them to a top speed matching a spit 9? Or do you just want the people who fly them to sit and turn fight with your turn fighter so you can easily kill them?

I don't get it.

You have to fly the plane to it's strengths. Why cry about what others do?
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2022, 01:52:38 PM »
All for perking all late war planes very heavily but I know the whine would crash the place...

Late war ruins MA imo as far as a2a goes

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2022, 02:11:44 PM »
Get rid of fast planes?

No the opposite. Get rid of everything else apart from the Dora. After two weeks of getting used to it the playing field would be 'level' and the parasitic gameplay would stop. In fact when I'm elected president the Brewster Buffalo will be the first up against the wall.

Maybe limit them to a top speed matching a spit 9?

I don't get it.

You have to fly the plane to it's strengths. Why cry about what others do?

It's a bit hard to discern if it's worth going further with discussion if your most pressing impression is that people are suggesting all planes must turn fight. I don't even 'turn fight' in the classic term. Have to guess if you're dealing with disingenuity, trolling-flirtation or genuine misunderstanding.

Or do you just want the people who fly them to sit and turn fight with your turn fighter so you can easily kill them?

How do you conclude this from everything that was written in this thread?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2022, 04:34:05 PM »
I think the biggest point here is that most of us would just wish everyone would fight.

I knew a guy that flew the 152 and could turn fight like it was a spit and would only die if it was 3-4 vs him (MOOT). Lefty is another guy. Sure for the most part he booms and zooms in that pony but he is ALWAYS in on you. He doesnt grab/run/extend/reset his perch for a sector and a half after each pass. Hes pushing to get you pass after pass until he does or friends arrive if you can survive long enough, but the point is is that he fights.

Just fight your fight, but fight!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2022, 08:26:45 AM »
I knew a guy that flew the 152 and could turn fight like it was a spit and would only die if it was 3-4 vs him (MOOT).

TrueKill, a/k/a Larry, could do that in a 262.  Very unsettling. 

- oldman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2022, 09:49:38 AM »
Never met TrueKill, but fought Moot at the DA. He was a beast in the Ta152. Although recently StepSis has demonstrated extreme skill in it too.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-