Author Topic: Enigmas Cold War for DCS  (Read 3240 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Enigmas Cold War for DCS
« on: September 27, 2022, 08:10:23 AM »
If you're looking for some intense dogfighting action, or some land grabbing then look no further than Enigmas Cold War server. All historical matchups of the era. Mig-15 Vs F86, Huey Vs Hind/Mi-8, Mig19/21 Vs F5

The fights are generally clean. The excitement is very high level. There are 56 slots, and the server is usually full.

There is another version of this server in the works but with more modern equipment.

You will need SRS to communicate in the server.

So, if you're looking for some intense action then look no further.

https://youtu.be/VmdBK5mCQa4

A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Enigmas Cold War for DCS
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 08:16:56 AM »
No thanks.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 09:21:29 AM »
Seems the planes missing propellers :)

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 09:51:48 AM »
SRS? Just curious, haven't seen that acronym before.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 09:58:53 AM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 10:26:56 AM »
If they ran props Id be there !!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 12:45:19 PM »
I love my DCS prop aircraft. Spit, Pony and my latest the Bf 109 K.

Jets are not my thing. I might try the Sabre someday but for now...just props.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 12:53:06 PM »
Bixby are there servers in the states ?  Most big servers are in  europe, and I imagine the lag is prohibitive.  Lots of people or empty ?
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 01:02:25 PM »
Enigma is always full. It's up there with growling.

I personally only fly the F86 which is just a faster 262.

Propellers ........My Huey has those
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 01:11:24 PM »
Seems the planes missing propellers :)

Eagler

The DCS prop planes are way more difficult than Aces High, which is probably why not many fly prop planes in DCS. That and there are " NO ICONS " and that in itself turns away a lot of people.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 01:17:46 PM »
The DCS prop planes are way more difficult than Aces High, which is probably why not many fly prop planes in DCS. That and there are " NO ICONS " and that in itself turns away a lot of people.

But that is a server setting right?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 01:23:53 PM »

Icons on or off is a setting.

Watched a video a while back on field of view as it applies to this and other games. You would need to zoom your view more than the average person does to match real life. If you do that then you can see objects in the distance much like you can in real life. Of course doing that greatly reduces your field of view and so most don't keep the view zoomed in all the time.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2022, 01:53:17 PM »

The PvP servers I partake in have no icons. Adds to the realism of it.

I witnessed a fight between a Russian I-16 and a F-16 and the I-16 won that fight. DCS is awesome. And I will also add they Eagle Dynamics just announced several new aircraft in the last two months. I know many on these BB's complain about not getting new aircraft.

So, when any of you are ready to step up to the next level of flight simulation make sure you get the Open Beta version direct from Eagle Dynamics and not from steam. DCS has modules that you have to purchase and some of those modules are bigger than the entire aces high game by themselves. The P-47 module is 10 Gigabytes alone. The Syria map is 36 gigs.

There is an active sale right now. And for first time buys to eagle dynamics get 50% off " WHATEVER " is in the cart at the time of purchase.  if you just got a DCS account and you select 10 modules you'll get those for half off.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2022, 02:21:31 PM »
Something I do in AH3.

When I'm in a 1v1 fight, I turn icons off. It's fun. When others show up I put them back on.

Try it Mikey...you might like it.  :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2022, 12:48:04 AM »
I've been trying DCS in anticipation of the inevitable. I also don't like the jets because I don't feel the extra speed or climb performance so much they just feel unwieldy.

I didn't get on at all well with the mismatch between pitch and roll until I started with stick-scaling then it's much better. The biggest PITA is having to map every control for every aeroplane and then I still couldn't work out how to drop ord for ages.

Haven't gone on any multiplayer servers yet. Want to finish my joystick project before I go further.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234