Author Topic: Titanic  (Read 3397 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Titanic
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2023, 10:01:27 AM »
I would absolutely go in to space if given the chance. Bottom of the ocean not so much.

The more I learn about the sub the more I wonder why anyone would use it, let alone billionaires. I read the whole thing is controlled by a Logitech controller. Only comms to the surface (which is their only NAV support) is through short texts. And now I find out they have no way to open the hatch from the inside? Seriously.

It's not lost on me that there are 5 ppl who could die in the next couple days, if they aren't already dead. But there is some irony to the fact that 111 years later the Titanic may claim 3 more billionaires.

Unfortunately, the billionaires who died on the titanic weren't the billionaires we wanted to die, because they were the ones against the Banking cabal our founders had vehemently been against for centuries. Of course soon after the titanic crash, they passed the federal reserve act with their first (D) president since 1892, imo it was the great revenge of the Civil War.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

Sorry to make this political, but those are the facts, and whether Titanic was actually a conspiracy to remove these men is up in their air. I certainly think it presented a nice opportunity to remove the opposition in an "accident".

I think this submarine accident is horrible. Probably one of the worst and scary ways to die I can think off. No way in hell I'd ever go in one of those. It's interesting I think how much publicity it is getting though. I am thinking the thing sank, since they cannot seem to find it. 13k feet is extremely deep. Crazy to think how deep that actually is.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2023, 10:53:30 AM »
Here's a comment I found about it.

2 hours ago +48 / -0
I was on submarines for awhile. This was bound to happen. There is a video of their CEO saying he doesn’t hire ex submariners, because 50 year old white guys are not inspiring. That idea alone explains why this happened. Typical lefty rich guy idiocy.

The list of problems I saw in these videos is endless. Many of the talking points they use are theoretical. Its max depth is theoretical. It’s never been down to its advertised max. And you are supposed to have reserve depth. So if they claim 4K meters as max operating depth, there should be 500 meters to max crush depth. To give you a reserve. And that should be tested. They should have sent one down and see how far it can actually go before failing.

The life support was a joke and never tested. They didn’t put 5 people in that thing for 96 hours to see what happens. It’s not just a matter of oxygen. You have to scrub air, remove gases. It’s a balancing act. If you get too much oxygen, the air literally explodes into flame from any minute electrical spark. Like one of the Apollos.

It’s carbon fiber with titanium hood bonded onto it. How many times can that cycle between depths before failure? They have no idea. It’s never been done. Usually these super deep vehicles are total spheres, made of metal. This wasn’t a sphere, meaning the pressure is applied unevenly. All it takes is a dent in the carbon weave to create a weak point and it will crush like a Coke can.

They don’t have emergency transponders. This is lunacy. There should be a fail safe transponder that much be reset manually every hour or so. If someone doesn’t reset the thing, it automatically begins sending a signal that can be picked up on the surface for locating. So if the gases get diddlyed up and everyone passes out, or they lose comms and electrical, the surface ship will get an emergency signal.

They have zero contingency plans in case a sub disappears. No backup sub. No plans. Just praying the inevitable never happens. They don’t even have a contract plan with another company that has DSRV, to establish some sort of within 24 hour response time. Anything. Any kind of plan on what to do when a sub disappears.

Apparently they lost comms all the time. This wasn’t solved. Why? That’s lunacy as well. If you can’t rely on your comms, when bad toejam does happen, people are just gonna assume the best. It’s gonna cost you an entire day of rescue time because the people up top are gonna assume it’s just bad comms. Not an emergency. There are plenty of ways to keep comms going. If the system they had didn’t work, they should have spent the money to get one that does.

They lost comms 90 minutes in as the sub reached the bottom. I’m assuming it suffered catastrophic hull failure and everyone was vaporized instantly. They will struggle to ever find this thing. It’s tiny, made of carbon that isn’t a great reflector of sound waves, and it’s almost 3 miles down in the endless chasm of deep ocean.

Now they will pass regulations for these things. Regulations the Navy already learned from the Thresher and Scorpion. That’s why you hire sub veterans. Because we already paid the price in blood. It’s always the same for humans. We never learn. We always think we are smarter than the other guy. This fancy carbon fiber shiny vehicle built by college students.

Regulations are always written in blood. It never changes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2023, 11:41:37 AM »
The submersible imploded upon descent, causing the loss of contact. 
Pretty easy to put together.  Probably that cheap window they put in there. (not a certified window btw).
Fish food now.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2023, 12:43:40 PM »
Yes if you had the cash you too could do crazy things like this

I just wouldn't expect anyone but their family and friends lose sleep over it as they should have known the risks

Eagler

One occupant's son was at a Blink 182 concert last night. So not all the families are concerned.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2023, 02:40:52 PM »

2 hours ago +48 / -0
I was on submarines for awhile. This was bound to happen. There is a video of their CEO saying he doesn’t hire ex submariners, because 50 year old white guys are not inspiring. That idea alone explains why this happened. Typical lefty rich guy idiocy.

The list of problems I saw in these videos is endless. Many of the talking points they use are theoretical. Its max depth is theoretical. It’s never been down to its advertised max. And you are supposed to have reserve depth. So if they claim 4K meters as max operating depth, there should be 500 meters to max crush depth. To give you a reserve. And that should be tested. They should have sent one down and see how far it can actually go before failing.

The life support was a joke and never tested. They didn’t put 5 people in that thing for 96 hours to see what happens. It’s not just a matter of oxygen. You have to scrub air, remove gases. It’s a balancing act. If you get too much oxygen, the air literally explodes into flame from any minute electrical spark. Like one of the Apollos.

It’s carbon fiber with titanium hood bonded onto it. How many times can that cycle between depths before failure? They have no idea. It’s never been done. Usually these super deep vehicles are total spheres, made of metal. This wasn’t a sphere, meaning the pressure is applied unevenly. All it takes is a dent in the carbon weave to create a weak point and it will crush like a Coke can.

They don’t have emergency transponders. This is lunacy. There should be a fail safe transponder that much be reset manually every hour or so. If someone doesn’t reset the thing, it automatically begins sending a signal that can be picked up on the surface for locating. So if the gases get diddlyed up and everyone passes out, or they lose comms and electrical, the surface ship will get an emergency signal.

They have zero contingency plans in case a sub disappears. No backup sub. No plans. Just praying the inevitable never happens. They don’t even have a contract plan with another company that has DSRV, to establish some sort of within 24 hour response time. Anything. Any kind of plan on what to do when a sub disappears.

Apparently they lost comms all the time. This wasn’t solved. Why? That’s lunacy as well. If you can’t rely on your comms, when bad toejam does happen, people are just gonna assume the best. It’s gonna cost you an entire day of rescue time because the people up top are gonna assume it’s just bad comms. Not an emergency. There are plenty of ways to keep comms going. If the system they had didn’t work, they should have spent the money to get one that does.

They lost comms 90 minutes in as the sub reached the bottom. I’m assuming it suffered catastrophic hull failure and everyone was vaporized instantly. They will struggle to ever find this thing. It’s tiny, made of carbon that isn’t a great reflector of sound waves, and it’s almost 3 miles down in the endless chasm of deep ocean.

Now they will pass regulations for these things. Regulations the Navy already learned from the Thresher and Scorpion. That’s why you hire sub veterans. Because we already paid the price in blood. It’s always the same for humans. We never learn. We always think we are smarter than the other guy. This fancy carbon fiber shiny vehicle built by college students.

I was about to post this very thing in bold above. That CEO is on board the vessel now. I wonder if he has any second thoughts. That is if he is still alive.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2023, 03:06:21 PM »

2 hours ago +48 / -0

I bet that CEO wish he had a senior chief as a consultant.

Chuikov

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2023, 08:32:10 PM »

2 hours ago +48 / -0

If that is true, then it sounds like the gene pool just got a little cleaner. Hope that CEO had a little "accident" also
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2023, 07:12:26 AM »
If I had that kind of money it's what I'd spend it on. Space and deep sea exploration are the stuff dreams are made of.

it would be psychotropics and hoochie girls for me. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2023, 08:25:55 AM »
If I had that kind of money it's what I'd spend it on. Space and deep sea exploration are the stuff dreams are made of.

Yes but this almost seems like a death wish than an adventure

But I  didn't hear the sales pitch that must have convinced them that it was safe

If it didn't implode it sounds like about one of the worst ways you could go

Hoping they passed out before they started freaking out

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2023, 11:11:09 AM »
Debris field found on ocean floor near the Titanic.  Believed to be the Titan...  :joystick:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2023, 12:52:48 PM »
Debris field found on ocean floor near the Titanic.  Believed to be the Titan...  :joystick:

Coogan

Honestly, that was what I was expecting for them to find. Depths like those they were entering are very unforgiving, and the slightest flaw becomes catastrophic before the crew even has a chance to react.

Condolences to the family and friends of those onboard.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2023, 12:59:45 PM »
Honestly, that was what I was expecting for them to find. Depths like those they were entering are very unforgiving, and the slightest flaw becomes catastrophic before the crew even has a chance to react.

Condolences to the family and friends of those onboard.

:salute

Indeed.  :salute

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2023, 02:24:07 PM »
Interesting that CBS had a story in Nov 2022 on Oceangate and their trip to the Titanic. Apparently this wasn't their first trip?

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2023, 03:18:37 PM »
Apparently this wasn't their first trip?

That the strange thing about all the news I've been reading/watching about this incident. Nothing was ever stated about it being a maiden voyage for the Titan, nor were previous successful dives to RMS Titanic mentioned - just the 3000 meter test dive. The actual dive history of the sub is incredibly vague.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2023, 03:21:59 PM »
Material fatigue?