Author Topic: Signing up for an argument  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Signing up for an argument
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2023, 11:06:34 AM »
You know what's weird.  There are no aggressive yak3 flyers... all runners, and the plane is a beast.

Other planes, f4u, p51, p38, 109 etc... all have a few pilots that fly them hard.

Only time I see a yak3 fighting hard is when it's 4 vs 1.

Kind of weird such an awesome performing plane is always tucking tale.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2023, 11:39:39 AM »
It's not the 88 that is the problem  but the unrealistic accuracy some of it's users are able to achieve

It is all about base capture/defense right? lol

Seems some parts of the game harm other parts of it

Eagler

Yes I guess so. We each play the game for different reasons, not faulting anyone.

The "unrealistic accuracy" you refer to is very few in the 88's. Of those, the ones I know of, have spent hours offline honing their aim.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2023, 12:58:24 PM »
My biggest issue with the yak3 is its invulnerability. So frustrating to get crossing shots off 2 or 3 times and nothing is broken. Hard enough to overcome its strengths in combat only to have it fly away unscathed when any other fighter would’ve been shredded to bits in the same situation. Too many peeps are exploiting that.

I rarely get killed by even the best 88 gunners. My problem with them is they take a player out of combat. Someone who would otherwise be flying a plane or driving a tank is just sitting stationary taking pot shots at others who are trying to have fun. It’s basically picking without the need to even climb up to do it. I’d be ok with them if they only activated when hangars were down or if the icon went away from a maneuvering plane (climbing or descending at a certain rate). Singling out a particular maneuvering plane in a melee of friendly and enemy aircraft just seems too…gamey.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2023, 02:36:40 PM »
You know what's weird.  There are no aggressive yak3 flyers... all runners, and the plane is a beast.

Other planes, f4u, p51, p38, 109 etc... all have a few pilots that fly them hard.

Only time I see a yak3 fighting hard is when it's 4 vs 1.

Kind of weird such an awesome performing plane is always tucking tale.

I will disagree about the Yak3 for ONE person. That would be GP5. Hes insanely aggressive, to his detriment.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2023, 03:44:13 PM »
Yak3 and B26 are the worst offenders when it comes to take damage.

Only small maps and revert radar to what it used to be, so you actually need to look around, SA should be imperative part of any aerial combat, lose sight - lose fight.

Btw how the **** can radar see in real time, behind a mountain, something even radar cannot do with 2023 equipment.

On smaller maps you will find an enemy to fight anyway.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2023, 04:06:57 PM »
You'll get no argument from me...  :confused:   Carry on.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2023, 04:51:32 PM »
I've decided that I wish to register a complaint. Not for any real purpose beyond being able to make my mostly-known proclamations without the ch200 character limit and to compel the less witty amongst us to say that I'm "crying".

1) Yak-3. Having the ability to 'nope' out of any situation with its acceleration and climb rate combined with a tiny airframe, it really doesn't need to be impervious to bullets as well. It takes more hits to down a Yak3 than any other fighter in my experience, and even some bombers. If you want to double your K/D immediately fly a Yak3. Just be sure to never, ever be caught more than 30 seconds away from help or ack.

I agree. Im thinking that Hitech may have looked at it long ago. I know eventually he looked at the spit14 and decide to remove the perk price because it really didnt warrant it. I think he may have looked at the YAK and decided it was fine. The issue on the other hand is as you and others say..... why fly it like a wuss and run at a drop of a hat?

2) Stick-stirring. If to survive you feel that you must spaz your stick around and pull +/- 5G to create warping, you've already lost in my book. Whether you call it a torque spin, snap roll or defensive maneuvers.... no. They're not. It's gamey nonsense and you're taking advantage of networking limitations in order to avoid being shot down in a fight you've already lost. Have a little respect for yourself and others, take the L and move on.

You have to remember that everyone is flying 2 planes. The one on your computer and the one the other guys see. Some people may be very good at pushing the limits of their stir. Just enough that they dont get the dreaded "dont move your controls too fast", but just enough that the lag and smoothing code shows them flopping around. Seeing as "hits" are calculated on your front end ( I think) that makes it a good defense as hitting a flopping plane is tougher. Again if that is the only move you can think of you lost the fight and might as well just bail.

3) 88mms and manned guns. It seems their sole purpose in life is to intrude upon those who wish to dogfight, from a position that allows them to earn kills but not to be killed themselves. That just seems so off, especially when I have to fly 10 minutes to get back in the fight, while they can just insta-spawn into the action endlessly. If all the folks that spend their efforts shooting at planes from the ground actually upped a plane, so much more fun could be had.

There are some VERY good shots with the 88s, its just practice. From a fighters point of view they are a pain in the butt and ruin any fight near a base. From a base takers point of view its needed to defend the base. Their kills dont count toward score so they certainly arent doing it for that. "Name in lights" and defense are the only reasons.

4) Giant maps. While it's been nice to see some fresh maps, and a big <S> to the map makers, some of the older ones really need to go. I only get about an hour a day to fly, and more often than not the amount of fun to be had is dictated by which map is up. The worst ones seem to take the longest to roll, too.

Kenii is redoing the "SmIsles" map https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,406252.msg5402237.html#msg5402237 Im wondering how much work it is "reworking" a map as compared to building one from scratch? If all the small maps could be tweaked it could add some spice to those old maps, fix some of the play issue people exploit on those maps and drive a bit more fighting on them.

5) Side-switching. I really don't care about spying, or the war overall, but it seems unfair for people to be able to acquire effectively unlimited perks by auto-switching. It's causing situations where players can just fly a Tempest for entire tours and still end up with more perks than they started with. Side-swapping already puts you at an advantage in many respects, so I really don't think tripling their perks is helping things at all, other than for the half-dozen or so players that actually do it.

I dont think the side switching "3 times" reward is still on. I think they turned that off after the first 6 months or so. You do get the perk modifier due to the population difference but every one on that team (lowest player count) gets that. I think the side switching does help the fighter guys find a fight.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2023, 05:55:09 PM »
I believe the perk bonus is still in play, I'll get like 100 perks when I shoot down a Spit16 in my P-40...
But for side switchers, they are always on the smallest team, so the Tempest is like $6 at times anyway.  I do end up flying the Tempest alot as a side-switcher since i'm upping from capped fields in a 5v1 situation with air and ground targets to deal with  by myself.  I need something that is capable of getting the bombs to target in an environment with a lot of bad guys.  It really helps the smallest team out when you have a player willing to defend against hordes, it can be hard to find teamates to help even if one extra person would guarantee a victory.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2023, 06:35:43 PM »
I will disagree about the Yak3 for ONE person. That would be GP5. Hes insanely aggressive, to his detriment.

Agreed, the few times I play a month I don't see him.  Always aggressive though.

Funny when I mentioned the p51 in my earlier post, you were the first to come to mind.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2023, 02:46:44 AM »
Unfortunately, the only person able to affect change has taken a leave of absence from the game.

Which is not cool.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2023, 02:53:52 AM »
since i'm upping from capped fields in a 5v1 situation with air and ground targets to deal with  by myself.

You're AH's Walter Mitty bud  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2023, 06:44:49 AM »
Talk on this thread like its soooo easy to hit a moving target with the 88mm guns in this game. Why don't you try it out and see if it is easy or not.

A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2023, 06:54:05 AM »
Talk on this thread like its soooo easy to hit a moving target with the 88mm guns in this game. Why don't you try it out and see if it is easy or not.

It's incredibly easy...
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2023, 03:57:31 PM »
Maybe we should not switch sides and just fight the lowest number side so they can be happy.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2023, 05:06:14 PM »
It's incredibly easy...

Not for most. Certainly not for me.
The ppl who least like 88s are the ppl who horde a base, daring someone to up. Deack the base, risk virtual death and take out the manned guns, and stop whining. Imo.