Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 54990 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1725 on: June 07, 2024, 04:35:10 PM »
The 80 knots news chopper

Don't be a hater.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1726 on: June 07, 2024, 10:50:01 PM »
Which makes this thread the same  :cheers:

Eagler

Nah.  Men in skinny jeans & man-buns, but not gurls. :t
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1727 on: June 08, 2024, 09:33:19 AM »
The video plays just fine. How old are you? 12?

So post one and prove it. Saying you can post any DCS video and get thousands of views kind of refutes your frequent comments about no one playing it.

I just posted one here of a fight. Maybe you didn't see it.

You posted a pic, not a video. So no I didn't do the leg work, that was your job.
I don't need to fly it to know that DCS has tons more players/buyers. I've seen some real boring videos from DCS get 100s of 1000s of views. The same with IL-2 and AH. But there is a huge chance these are players viewing. Same was with most AH videos. If you're making videos to try to sell the sim/game one must reach outside that bubble. If only players view my videos it's doing us zero good. With our numbers if I bring 10 into the MA it was worth it.  If one is just making videos steered towards players than ya probably did ok. To me 1m views does me zero good if I don't draw any players. Maybe I'm making videos for a different reason steered towards a different audience.

I don't need ANY video to tell me or prove DCS has better graphics. It's a given, as without better graphics it wouldn't have a big draw. It's the sims entire existence, besides cockpits. If it had AH graphics AH would be smoking it, based on action. SO, nothing has been proven to me that I did''t already know. Not trying to one up here, but you show me A fight and I can show you 50. my point IS more action.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1728 on: June 08, 2024, 09:35:07 AM »
How're your Aces High videos doing Animl?

I spent less than 2 minutes on this silly video and have almost 14,000 views. One of these days I may put some real effort into one.

I may not have the bigger audience, the graphics are aging, but the action isn't and I we have 100% human pilots in big numbers

« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 09:37:16 AM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1729 on: June 08, 2024, 10:42:53 AM »
No idea what "picture" you're talking about animl. My youtube videos all work as expected for me. If you have trouble playing a youtube video the problem is likely your end. You really should know that.

I've posted a few hundred youtube videos over the years. My F-14 AB video is still gaining views, 14,264 now. As has been said more than once, it is the much larger DCS audience that is responsible for this. If you're going to claim more views for any video you might make, show me.

I see what you are referring to now. Of course we'd discussed this video before and I linked it. Are you pretending you don't know to what I referred?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 10:48:56 AM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1730 on: June 08, 2024, 10:46:39 AM »
How're your Aces High videos doing Animl?

I spent less than 2 minutes on this silly video and have almost 14,000 views. One of these days I may put some real effort into one.

This post has just the image.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1731 on: June 08, 2024, 10:50:33 AM »
I posted a link to the video I referred to before and Animl has commented about it. He is pretending to not remember.

Here it is again. Help me get 20,000. My account is not monetized but I like being famous. I'd rather be rich.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 10:53:15 AM by AKIron »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1732 on: June 08, 2024, 11:09:07 AM »
I may not have the bigger audience, the graphics are aging, but the action isn't and I we have 100% human pilots in big numbers

I bet 2/3 of those bombers and their gunners were controlled by AI.

Actually the gunners were probably about 6/7 AI.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 11:12:10 AM by AKIron »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1733 on: June 08, 2024, 11:11:15 AM »

I see what you did there.

:noid
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1734 on: June 08, 2024, 11:15:12 AM »

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1735 on: June 08, 2024, 11:28:11 AM »

Actually the gunners were probably about 6/7 AI.

Funny, I thought that groups of 3 bombers were linked to a single player as are the guns on those ships, so technically they are all controlled by a single player, not AI.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1736 on: June 08, 2024, 11:41:56 AM »
Pretty sure there were no remote controlled B-17s in WWII.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1737 on: June 08, 2024, 11:42:22 AM »
Funny, I thought that groups of 3 bombers were linked to a single player as are the guns on those ships, so technically they are all controlled by a single player, not AI.

Not "controlled" directly.

The wingmen don't just mirror the main pilots stick movements.  The player just provides the reference point the wingman AI uses steer toward.  No different than a human element-mate.  The AI uses a different set of control movements to steer itself into a relative position based the leads location but at any time is using different control movements than the lead.  The human lead is just giving the AI a dynamic route point to steer toward.  Its still AI control logic deciding how to get there.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1738 on: June 08, 2024, 11:42:52 AM »
No idea what "picture" you're talking about animl. My youtube videos all work as expected for me. If you have trouble playing a youtube video the problem is likely your end. You really should know that.

I've posted a few hundred youtube videos over the years. My F-14 AB video is still gaining views, 14,264 now. As has been said more than once, it is the much larger DCS audience that is responsible for this. If you're going to claim more views for any video you might make, show me.

[/quote

Unless I missed, your initial post to me just showed a pic of stats, clicked it just to get a pic, your next reply contained a embedded video, which was viewable as vid.

I’m not pretending anything, get the chip off your shoulder. I have nothing to gain by playing stupit.

I know people who spend all their time living a sim puts separation from real eorld, but I’m how real life works,

<shrug>

Its rare to get a cognitive convo without you slipping in passive aggressive insults.  Maybe the problem isn’t me..

I see what you are referring to now. Of course we'd discussed this video before and I linked it. Are you pretending you don't know to what I referred?]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 11:44:50 AM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1739 on: June 08, 2024, 11:45:27 AM »
You said my video wouldn't play and so maybe that's why it got so many views, people trying to play it. I'm not making this up. You did actually say it.